Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Orakpo and Carriker Done for Season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #61
County
Camp Scrub

Re: Orakpo and Carriker Done for Season

I cannot believe this.

I have been waiting all day (British Summer Time) to hear Shanahans interview and then to be told this!!!!

Rak IMO is better suited to a 4-3 although in a 3-4 he does a whole lot more than "sack". His coverage in the open field has improved in the couple of games i seen him in lately and we will miss him BIG style.

As other posters have put. Time to step up.

Hail!
County is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #62
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
How on earth are you questioning Morgan and Robinson. Both are VERY good wide receivers. WR is one place where we dont need to add anyone. Its easily our deepest, most talented position group.
QB is the most talented position group. After that I don't know...maybe a tie between a lot of mediocrity. But specific to WR neither Morgan nor Robinson are legit starters i.e. neither will be a regular starter for another franchise in the NFL. Robinson is a decent route runner but lacks speed and seems to get lost downfield. Also, he's not breaking tackles. Morgan has the physical gifts to be a starter but doesn't have the football IQ of a starter.

Garcon is a starter, but what a meant earlier is this foot injury is likely to linger...they often do
Hankerson should start IMO and Moss in the slot. But if Garcon isn't healthy enough to be effective there's room for a legit starter. I think that guy should replace Banks btw.

At the same time we need to bolster the defense with today's injury news. I just don't think Carter is the answer...who else is out there?

Edit: LB is probably the most talented (after QB) like another said. London is the man. Kerrigan is now the 2nd best player on defense. Riley and the new starter need to step up!!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #63
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
WTF,did I miss something?
I think he meant an Antonio Pierce or a Ryan Clark TYPE of guy to step up, not those actual players.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #64
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I think he meant an Antonio Pierce or a Ryan Clark TYPE of guy to step up, not those actual players.
OK,I get it now:cheeky-sm
Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #65
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
QB is the most talented position group. After that I don't know...maybe a tie between a lot of mediocrity. But specific to WR neither Morgan nor Robinson are legit starters i.e. neither will be a regular starter for another franchise in the NFL. Robinson is a decent route runner but lacks speed and seems to get lost downfield. Also, he's not breaking tackles. Morgan has the physical gifts to be a starter but doesn't have the football IQ of a starter.

Garcon is a starter, but what a meant earlier is this foot injury is likely to linger...they often do
Hankerson should start IMO and Moss in the slot. But if Garcon isn't healthy enough to be effective there's room for a legit starter. I think that guy should replace Banks btw.

At the same time we need to bolster the defense with today's injury news. I just don't think Carter is the answer...who else is out there?
Robinson lacks speed? Are we talking about the same guy?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #66
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Given Garcon's lagging injury and questionable recovery, Morgan not cutting it as a starter, and Robinson struggling to catch the long ball, I would definitely bring in a WR at this point. Plaxico would immediately be our best endzone target.

He dropped one god damn ball? Does that constitute struggling? Sweet baby jesus man....lol

Lost 2 defensive players and you want to bring in a old burnt out WR??

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #67
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

The good out of this, we can finally see how good Rob Jackson is as a starter. Possibly call up markus white from TBs practice squad. See Chris Wilson in action. Its good evaluation for next year.

Carriker, it sucks, but remember he was being replaced by Jarvis Jenkins last preseason and Jenkins was considered by some to be the best DL on our team. That injury may be a blessing in disguise for us. Yes I agree Carriker was very stout against the run, but Jarvis is good at everything.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
Robinson ran a 4.4 at the combine, speed is clearly not an issue.

Goat thinks Garcon lacks speed too, keep that in mind.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #69
redskins5044
Playmaker

Quote:

Edit: LB is probably the most talented (after QB) like another said. London is the man. Kerrigan is now the 2nd best player on defense. Riley and the new starter need to step up!!

Robinson doesnt lack speed, i will give you he looked lost down field on the pass he dropped.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #70
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
Yeah, I thought he was supposed to be a burner too!? I noticed the ball he caught over the middle yesterday he couldn't beat the one defender (safety I think) on the outside. The downfield bomb made him look open because he got lost lol, not because he outran anybody.

Good route runner though quicker than he is fast, I could see him in the slot next year if Tana is gone.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #71
County
Camp Scrub

IMO - The 'skins are still suffering from years of front office garbage, which will take years to sort out. You dont build a franchise Super Bowl team with one 1st round pick and some FA's. It takes years of change in the organisation (which i believe we doing)

This is the 1st season we have looked anything decent and to be 1-1 is ok considering we played 2 road games and one was against the Saints. We would have taken that PRE-SEASON.

I will reserve judgement until after the Bengals game. They simply have to step up.

Hail!
County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #72
The Dull Roar
Special Teams

R.I.P. Redskins defense '12

We hardly knew yee
The Dull Roar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #73
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
LOL!

"Orakpo and Carriker are out for the season!"

"I've got the perfect solution, let's bring in some more wide receivers! Brilliant!"
Lol. It's amazing the fresh ideas people come up with around here.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #74
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Robinson ran a 4.4 at the combine, speed is clearly not an issue.

Goat thinks Garcon lacks speed too, keep that in mind.
References to combine numbers (no pads, perfect conditions) drive me bonkers. Gamespeed is a whole nuther animal. If speed stats translated to the field Jerry Rice wouldn't have played pro ball...and a million guys nobody knows would be HOFers.

Robinson doesn't outrun defenders, he gets open by running good routes though and that is definitely valuable. Garcon outran Patrick Robinson after Robinson bumped his teammate and stumbled a bit. Otherwise Garcon hasn't blazed by anyone. But Garcon plays hard and will break a tackle here and there. Both guys have qualities though and especially with Garcon we haven't had a WR who could break tackles in a long, long time.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #75
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I thought he was supposed to be a burner too!? I noticed the ball he caught over the middle yesterday he couldn't beat the one defender (safety I think) on the outside. The downfield bomb made him look open because he got lost lol, not because he outran anybody.

Good route runner though quicker than he is fast, I could see him in the slot next year if Tana is gone.
I don't think it goes

Burner -> Lacks speed

There's an in-between and in my estimation that's where Robinson is.