Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Wft vs niners prediction thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: Wft vs niners prediction thread

Trent who?

I'm done with caring about what he says or does.

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2020, 01:20 PM   #62
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Trent who?

I'm done with caring about what he says or does.
Because he’s trying to get pity from niner fans that don’t know any better and making Washington look bad.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #63
SunnySide
Playmaker

“All of that was so inspiring to me because, honestly, if I was in his position, I can’t say that I would’ve woke up looking for my shoulder pads,” Williams said.

“Honestly, I don’t know if I would’ve had enough heart to even get through that. So to see somebody that I know, a guy I have a tremendous amount of respect for, a guy who’s been a heck of a player in his league -- his record speaks for itself -- but to see him continue to fight, knowing that he had more than enough resources just to sit back and kind of think about kicking his feet up on the beach somewhere with his family, I got a lot of respect for that and I can’t say enough about him.”

------------

Not sure how you can upset with what he is saying. The thing with Trent was always odd to me. We as a fan base bash Snyder/Allen as incompetent weasels ... but then get mad at Trent for not wanting to continue his career playing for these incompetent weasels after he already gave them 8 plus years of his prime.

Did he overplay the teams inattentiveness to his cancer as a way to force his way out? probably. Did Bruce act like a dick and give him the Kirk Cousins treatment when every other GM would have just traded both for top return and not get into some petty BS? Absolutely.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:16 PM   #64
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I'm excited for this game. Think it will be close. Their D is getting healthy and they put up 24 against a good Buffalo D. As far as I am concerned we are playing with house money. The pressure is on the reigning NFC champs not us. We can talk about NFCE being a bad division but we are one game out of the wild card too. It is nice playing meaningful games in December. Haven't felt this excited about the team since 2012.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:23 PM   #65
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
“All of that was so inspiring to me because, honestly, if I was in his position, I can’t say that I would’ve woke up looking for my shoulder pads,” Williams said.

“Honestly, I don’t know if I would’ve had enough heart to even get through that. So to see somebody that I know, a guy I have a tremendous amount of respect for, a guy who’s been a heck of a player in his league -- his record speaks for itself -- but to see him continue to fight, knowing that he had more than enough resources just to sit back and kind of think about kicking his feet up on the beach somewhere with his family, I got a lot of respect for that and I can’t say enough about him.”

------------

Not sure how you can upset with what he is saying. The thing with Trent was always odd to me. We as a fan base bash Snyder/Allen as incompetent weasels ... but then get mad at Trent for not wanting to continue his career playing for these incompetent weasels after he already gave them 8 plus years of his prime.

Did he overplay the teams inattentiveness to his cancer as a way to force his way out? probably. Did Bruce act like a dick and give him the Kirk Cousins treatment when every other GM would have just traded both for top return and not get into some petty BS? Absolutely.
When the team asked for his medical records to be reviewed and he refused that was a redflag to me. What was he hiding?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-10-2020, 02:34 PM   #66
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
When the team asked for his medical records to be reviewed and he refused that was a redflag to me. What was he hiding?
I could be wrong, because my memory is not that great, but I thought he was pissed because information about his medical condition, his treatment, and private medical records was leaked. I think at that point he was done, decided he didn't want the investigation to go any further, and started looking at how to GTFO of Washington.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:43 PM   #67
Burgold
Special Teams

Damn, am I gonna actually do this??? oh well...after losing all hope there is hope again, which is like a sexy woman, you don't wanna look at her but you do...WFT 24-49's 21...now where did I put that Four leaf clover?
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:40 PM   #68
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think the best thing this offense has done the past couple games is make opposing defenses understand that they cannot key on one or two guys. Even without Gibson for the next few games (likely), with McKissic, McLaurin, Sims, and Thomas stepping up...teams have to account for all those guys - and A Smith is going to get the ball to the open guy.

Other than that, this defense is getting better. They lead the NFL in red zone defense. They lead the NFL in points allowed in the second half.

Fix the first half and this team could be pretty dangerous.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #69
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Yup I noticed the same thing -- Trent had to actively look for guys to block while his linemates were getting swarmed. That poster w QB hits total was interesting to see.

We should be able to get to Mullens but Shanny is a smart coach.

Our LBs are going to be tested. Seems like 9ers O line is good at run blocking and 9ers have a trio of good backs.

For once in a long time, Im actually interested to see how our D coach approaches this game. Having a Landon Collins type to drop in the box would be nice. Maybe make Curl your 3rd DB and go heavy nickel like we did before Collins injury?
To me it looked like the D just avoid trying to get past Trent and hit their weakness.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:22 PM   #70
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Needs:

QB

MLB

TE

T

S

RB

CB

We have plenty of picks, they might keep Haskins and you can scratch QB from the list.

QB
S
CB
T
MLB
WLB
In that order. Not draft wise but need wise. Rest is depth depth and more depth. Mainly on the o line imo.

Gibson and Thomas are both awesome - obviously could use backups there. I know Hopkins had a couple good kicks in big spots but overall he has been less than meh. Looks like WR could be good to go which is great.
As for Haskins I don’t see it. I think he needs to go. Quarterback is the number one need going forward. As usual. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #71
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Gibson and Thomas are both awesome - obviously could use backups there. I know Hopkins had a couple good kicks in big spots but overall he has been less than meh. Looks like WR could be good to go which is great.
As for Haskins I don’t see it. I think he needs to go. Quarterback is the number one need going forward. As usual. Lol.
I recommend you to read this article about Rivera and Hopkins.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #72
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Chase young gonna embarrass Trent this weekend...Montez too

Pin this mutherfucker

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:10 PM   #73
calia
Playmaker

I'll say this about Trent. I loved him when he played for us -- a warrior who played hurt and was a stud on some very bad teams. Great role model and came to play every week. He went out on a sour note, looking to blame someone for his own stupidity (and probably wanting a quick fix to get to a winning team). Who in his right mind would rely on a team physician for a cancer diagnosis?

Loved Reed as a player too, although felt badly about his health situation. Not sure if he's nursing a grudge for being released, but if so, screw him.

Shanahan was a good coordinator for us, but if he's nursing a grudge that's just dumb.

Assume for a minute that these three are looking to settle a score. We have the best counter to that nonsense -- Alex Smith. He was cast aside by SF and I believe that his will to win and overcome adversity far outstrips that of the three mentioned above, individually or collectively. I'd love to see him go off on SF.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:24 PM   #74
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I'll say this about Trent. I loved him when he played for us -- a warrior who played hurt and was a stud on some very bad teams. Great role model and came to play every week. He went out on a sour note, looking to blame someone for his own stupidity (and probably wanting a quick fix to get to a winning team). Who in his right mind would rely on a team physician for a cancer diagnosis?

Loved Reed as a player too, although felt badly about his health situation. Not sure if he's nursing a grudge for being released, but if so, screw him.

Shanahan was a good coordinator for us, but if he's nursing a grudge that's just dumb.

Assume for a minute that these three are looking to settle a score. We have the best counter to that nonsense -- Alex Smith. He was cast aside by SF and I believe that his will to win and overcome adversity far outstrips that of the three mentioned above, individually or collectively. I'd love to see him go off on SF.
Well said my Woodside friend, in addition to TW and Reed, Tom Compton and Tony Bergstrom are on the roster.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #75
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Well said my Woodside friend, in addition to TW and Reed, Tom Compton and Tony Bergstrom are on the roster.
Right -- I forgot about those two. They're getting playing time too.

And you know who lives in Woodside? Alex Smith. He's actually building a house here not too far from me. I served on our town's planning commission and had to approve the plans, in fact. I've seen him at the local market in town (we have only one); he couldn't have been nicer and stopped to chat with the folks that work there. Hard to find a more decent and humble guy. And even harder to find one as tough. I am so happy for him that he's been able to get back on the field and play -- and play well. Sometimes, nice guys don't finish last. Sometimes, they get to beat the Steelers.