Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #61
SBXVII
Franchise Player

re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

I said it once and will say it again. We have 4 games left. 4 games to start the chant "Fire Vinny now." 4 games left to put any kind of pressure through the media on Snyder to fire VC.

I just wish people would stop with the "Sell the team Danny" and go with the "Fire Vinny now" theme. There is no possible way DS will sell the team with it making money. None. But you could put pressure on him to let VC go.

I think all of us would agree if VC is still being employed by Snyder then VC will have his hands in the till. As much as I would like to believe VC could be put into a roll of only handling contracts and maybe being a part of the welcome wagon, it would not happen.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #62
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I said it once and will say it again. We have 4 games left. 4 games to start the chant "Fire Vinny now." 4 games left to put any kind of pressure through the media on Snyder to fire VC.

I just wish people would stop with the "Sell the team Danny" and go with the "Fire Vinny now" theme. There is no possible way DS will sell the team with it making money. None. But you could put pressure on him to let VC go.

I think all of us would agree if VC is still being employed by Snyder then VC will have his hands in the till. As much as I would like to believe VC could be put into a roll of only handling contracts and maybe being a part of the welcome wagon, it would not happen.
right there with you, have you not seen the new signs

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...boy-dc-23.html

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #63
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Well, if it's any consolation...and I know it won't be to many, I checked and the game that Snyder and Cerrato "scouted" was Kansas at Texas on Nov. 21. There were a few other owners at the game as well (though I don't know who exactly). Anyway, they didn't go down there to do any scouting. They were watching a college football game...take a look at the Redskins schedule and see who they were playing the next day and then you'll see why Snyder and Cerrato were there.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #64
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Well I just lost whatever respect I had for Jason Reid. Thanks, Smoot.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #65
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Well I just lost whatever respect I had for Jason Reid. Thanks, Smoot.
Well I mean Reid didn't really lie. He just spun it a certain way.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #66
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well I mean Reid didn't really lie. He just spun it a certain way.
Well the "spin" he put on it was utterly licentious. The blog article started out "Owner Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, recently attended a University of Texas game to scout quarterback Colt McCoy." That phrasing indicates the specific purpose of the game was to scout McCoy. If you could find out information which put their visit in context, then i'm sure the information was available to Reid. It really makes me wonder how much more from the Post that we interpret as Snyder meddling is really just "spin."
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #67
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Matty:

Art Rooney doesn't go scouting. Robert Kraft doesn't go scouting. Jeffrie Lurie doesn't go scouting. Those are three NFL situations I know are the case. Their teams are pretty successful year over year...

I seriously doubt that other successful owners regularly went out to scout players on their own in past times. - - other than Jerry Jones who has been the owner AND GM of the team for the last 15 years or so. And by the way, it has been 13 years since the Cowboys won a playoff game. Oh, you can put George Halas in the bin of owners who scouted too; of course he was the head coach in addition to all of the other responsibilities... Those were simpler times.

Here is what bothers me about Snyder scouting a QB:

Back in his early years here, he boasted to the Washington Post Sunday Magazine in an article on him that HE was the one who found Patrick Ramsey and made sure the team drafted Ramsey with its first draft pick.

That tells me that Danny Boy would not know a great QB if it came up to him and bit him on the ass and announced in a loud voice, "I am a great QB!"

Exactly, well said, it wouldnt bother me if Snyder went to look at a player if I knew he wasnt the guy making the decision on who we pick.

Hellllllllllooooooo this is why we have sucked for 10 years under his bs reign as owner, he is making football decisions!!!Good god cant everybody agree that Snyder way of running an organization is wrong and it doesnt work?...dont we see the common denominator here?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #68
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Exactly, well said, it wouldnt bother me if Snyder went to look at a player if I knew he wasnt the guy making the decision on who we pick.

Hellllllllllooooooo this is why we have sucked for 10 years under his bs reign as owner, he is making football decisions!!!Good god cant everybody agree that Snyder way of running an organization is wrong and it doesnt work?...dont we see the common denominator here?
Read Smoots post.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #69
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Some other guys Snyder has reportedly scouted in the past include Ted Ginn Jr., Kellen Winslow II, and Calvin Johnson.

Still not sure about the Clausen part of the story. I'm sure he's high on our radar though.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

SC's point about Ramsey is true though. That was definitely all Snyder (as was Rock Cartwright). But that was also many years ago and doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #71
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Some other guys Snyder has reportedly scouted in the past include Ted Ginn Jr., Kellen Winslow II, and Calvin Johnson.

Still not sure about the Clausen part of the story. I'm sure he's high on our radar though.
Well I would be pretty upset if Cerrato hadn't personnaly scouted Clausen. Its his job to oversee scouting and I think its great that he watches some of these guys play in person. It means he's doing his job.

Quote:
SC's point about Ramsey is true though. That was definitely all Snyder (as was Rock Cartwright). But that was also many years ago and doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme.
Well he was right on Cartwright and obviously not on Ramsey. To be realistic, its understandable that Snyder would to be somewhat involved in the process; after all, he is going to be the one paying them millions of dollars. However, I would hope his involvement would be minimal and near the end of the selection process - not up front. By all appearances (and with the understanding that Reid's most recent allegations are BS), thats how things have been working recently.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #72
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I recall Snyder really wanted to draft Santana Moss when he came out, but Marty overruled him and went with 50/50 Rod Gardner.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #73
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Well, if it's any consolation...and I know it won't be to many, I checked and the game that Snyder and Cerrato "scouted" was Kansas at Texas on Nov. 21. There were a few other owners at the game as well (though I don't know who exactly). Anyway, they didn't go down there to do any scouting. They were watching a college football game...take a look at the Redskins schedule and see who they were playing the next day and then you'll see why Snyder and Cerrato were there.
Thanks for that. Personally I feel a lot better after that post. I was under the impression that it was the Big 12 championship. I thought maybe thats why McCoy struggled. He was more scared of playing behind the Redskins "playoff caliber" O-Line then he was of Nebraska's monster, currently known as Suh. I guess in the end it was uh, nothing more then a, you know, mental thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
We gave up our 3rd to get Jeremy Jarmin in the Supplimental draft prior to this year. Basically got a Rookie a year earlier to get experience for a year. Finally Cerrato did something right.
Only to have it go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
dirtbag noticed you skipped the 3rd pick, pretty sure we don't have a 6th either as of now, might be the 7th though can't remember
I guess the only thing to do now is remove the WR and put the kicker as the 7th round pick.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #74
celts32
Playmaker

I have no problem with Snyder traveling to watch football players the Redskins may draft. My issue is with the person he has chosen to ultimately make these decisions! If he were traveling with Bill Parcells, Holmgren, Joe Gibbs or even Mike Shanahan to look at a QB I don't think anyone would have an issue with it. And the biggest factor in that for me is that I beleive that if Snyder did get overly attached to a player Parcells or Holmgren would put him in his place whereas Vinny might side with Snyder fearing for his job security.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #75
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Personally, I am ecstatic that they are looking for a QB first. This is a quarterback driven league and until you have one you cant win.
Tell that to Bradford as they pull him out of the field.