Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your MVP of the week goes to...
Griffin III 79 84.04%
Morris 11 11.70%
Kerrigan 2 2.13%
other 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #61
Skinzman
The Starter

Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The receivers route can always be disrupted. Then there is no such thing as a perfect pass. And Hall had help most of the day. It isn't his fault that the help often didn't get there, but c'mon, it's a weekly occurrence with Hall. He got a pick today, so good for him. He is what he is.
Disrupting a route only makes no perfect pass if its a timing route. Those werent timing routes. Those were Freeman standing in the pocket without pressure and hitting a deep pass. If the Skins were getting pressure then those jams make a difference, if not, not so much.

Hall may be what he is, but he covered well today. Hatred is an easy thing to blind people, but give him credit where credit is due. He played pretty good today. Revis isnt stopping that pass to TJax without help, and people would chalk it up to good coverage, but a perfect pass.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #62
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Disrupting a route only makes no perfect pass if its a timing route. Those werent timing routes. Those were Freeman standing in the pocket without pressure and hitting a deep pass. If the Skins were getting pressure then those jams make a difference, if not, not so much.

Hall may be what he is, but he covered well today. Hatred is an easy thing to blind people, but give him credit where credit is due. He played pretty good today. Revis isnt stopping that pass to TJax without help, and people would chalk it up to good coverage, but a perfect pass.
Except the part where our 15 point lead evaporated, Hall covered pretty well.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #63
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Watching Morris in the preseason I thought he'd be Ryan Torain all over again. I was wrong. He's actually been really awesome. I still think Royster is better but he's not healthy right now.
I'm not sure I agree Royster is better at all. Outside of a distinct lack of breakaway speed Morris seems pretty complete to me.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #64
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Except the part where our 15 point lead evaporated, Hall covered pretty well.
Oh, now we went from our defense only having 4 players to now only having 1. Do you people even watch football?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #65
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I'd bet anything that the coaches tape shows Hall getting beat by a lot and simple pitch and catch on the throw. I know it wouldn't change your mind either way. You can just tell with some people.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #66
FRPLG
MVP

I don't understand why we constantly let WRs run free. Are our CBs so bad at jamming that we don't try? Our pass defense constricts of ...hope to get pressure or its a 20 yard completion. We do nothing to disrupt routes. He'll I'd prefer we held or something. Anything. We don't even look like we try sometimes.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #67
44 goes 50 gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Yes I would. His mechanics always looked like garbage.
Interesting Ignoring for a moment what my own eyes tell me which very much disagree with you. I've heard two ex head coaches, an ex GM, two highly regarded retired QB analysts and the top draft experts for ESPN and NFLN discuss Cam and not one of them ever said anything remotely supporting your opinion. Plenty of maturity and work ethic speculation, that on hindsight mostly seems to have not become an issue.

He had a good game today BTW. Besides last weeks body language much ado about nothing which is interesting in itself. Eli can spend his first three years regularly looking like a whiney 9 year old who didn't get a cookie EVERY TIME the slightest thing went wrong and no one so much as talks about it in passing. But the "immature" Newton sulks on the bench after a bad game and its a national story. I'm sure its got a lot to do with flash and self promotion of one versus the down to earth personality of the other.
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #68
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'd bet anything that the coaches tape shows Hall getting beat by a lot and simple pitch and catch on the throw. I know it wouldn't change your mind either way. You can just tell with some people.
He gets beat but he also can make some big plays. Unfortunately he has gotten beat more this year
Old 09-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #69
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
If you are talking about the one deep pass im talking about, he was as close to TJax as he cna get without outright tackling him. Perfect pass cannot be stopped. No way was Hall going to stop those. Like I said, if it was Revis, you would say great coverage but perfect pass. Since its someone you dislike, he was beat by 27 yards even though he was within inches of making the play. The coaches tape wont back that up.

Listen, im one who says we should have cut Hall long ago due to his salary and that his play doesnt match it. Today, he played well regardless of what everyone elses hate for him is saying.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I'm not sure I agree Royster is better at all. Outside of a distinct lack of breakaway speed Morris seems pretty complete to me.
Royster is the better pass blocker. There have been a couple of sacks that fall fairly squarely on Morris. But he has shown improvement there and he's been a pleasant surprise running the ball. No complaints about Morris from me.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #71
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I don't understand why we constantly let WRs run free. Are our CBs so bad at jamming that we don't try? Our pass defense constricts of ...hope to get pressure or its a 20 yard completion. We do nothing to disrupt routes. He'll I'd prefer we held or something. Anything. We don't even look like we try sometimes.
Well someone did try to jam Jackson on the goal line and whiffed.

I think we're just small on the outside and can't jam that effectively. You have to though. Can't play defense any more without using physicality on those receivers.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #72
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
If you are talking about the one deep pass im talking about, he was as close to TJax as he cna get without outright tackling him. Perfect pass cannot be stopped. No way was Hall going to stop those. Like I said, if it was Revis, you would say great coverage but perfect pass. Since its someone you dislike, he was beat by 27 yards even though he was within inches of making the play. The coaches tape wont back that up.

Listen, im one who says we should have cut Hall long ago due to his salary and that his play doesnt match it. Today, he played well regardless of what everyone elses hate for him is saying.
There's no way to know without seeing the all22 but I think you're just inaccurate here.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #73
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

RG3 is our QB. He is really good now and is only going to get better. He will be an elite QB. Morris is a keeper. He is a beast. Kerrigan is a beast...
We need to address the db's & ol. Both starting and for depth. We also have to find a good kicker in the off season (or earlier if Cundiff has more days like today)
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #74
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Just got done watching the game, but wow! What a game. Plenty to like and dislike from this game, and it's been covered pretty effectively around these parts. The part I loved the most was how easy the 2 min drill looked with RG3 back there. I've never seen a qb in a Redskins uni run a 2 min drill like that before. It looked like the Bucs were saying "fine, move the ball down the field easily, we're just going to pin our hopes on your iffy field goal kicker", like they weren't even trying. Awesome.

As others have said, Morris is also awesome. His weak point is his pass blocking but if he works as hard on that as he does everything else I have no doubts that will improve. And kudos to our o-line for stepping it up today against the former #1 rush defense in the NFL.

Also shout out to Ryan Kerrigan for being a beast once again. It feels like he's so good we are starting to take every good play he makes for granted. He ain't perfect but damn if he isn't having a hell of a sophomore year.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #75
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

We also need a new dc and special teams coach. I don't like the 3-4 but if we can get to work for us I can live with it.
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote