Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Kudos to Jim Haslett and Raheem Morris

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #61
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Kudos to Jim Haslett and Raheem Morris

I thought the line did a fine job honestly. I mean when he's getting the ball out that quick, there's not much you can do. It's the fifteen yard cushion we were giving to EVERY receiver that I had an issue with.

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #62
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
Haslett called an amazingly bland and predictable game today. It was so frustrating, especially because the answers seemed so obvious to us. No adjustments made either.
One of the things that surprised me was the announcers brought up 2 or 3 times Bradfords quote about having an answer for everything the Skins did on defense. Yet they forgot to put two and two together in that McIntosh was probably the one that gave them those answers, in spite of the fact that they also pointed out during the broadcast that McIntosh was a former Skin.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #63
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
One of the things that surprised me was the announcers brought up 2 or 3 times Bradfords quote about having an answer for everything the Skins did on defense. Yet they forgot to put two and two together in that McIntosh was probably the one that gave them those answers, in spite of the fact that they also pointed out during the broadcast that McIntosh was a former Skin.
Good teams make adjustments every week. If Rocky was able to give the Rams good intel, shame on us if it was effective.

Shame on rocky if he gave them our playbook.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #64
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I'm not sure what adjustment can be made when defensive players who should be winning their match-ups don't do so.
Going from a zone and giving up a huge cushion for the Wes Welker clone and not switching up and playing more man and bumping the guy at the line. They let him go and he burnt the defense. Regardless of the refs and the bonehead move of Josh Morgan, ultimately, the defense has to keep the other team off the scoreboard. That's what lost the game of us.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #65
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I will say this, the one thing I do hate about our defense is how we line up. What do I mean? Well for example, when the steelers-- who run the same defense as us-- line up, they put their DLineman over the center and the ends are either over the guard or the tackle. The LBs are moving all over the place never stuck in one spot. The secondary is lining up all over the place either some pressed, some far away. Our defense is so 'plane(?)' and always stays in one spot. Like when it was first down or second down today we're staying in one spot, in a pretty base defense. When its 3rd down were doing what I like which is moving around our LBs. We need to do more pre snap movement.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #66
saden1
MVP

Wow, it didn't take long for the defense to play like a vagina. Same game as last year...seems they didn't learn anything.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #67
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Going from a zone and giving up a huge cushion for the Wes Welker clone and not switching up and playing more man and bumping the guy at the line. They let him go and he burnt the defense. Regardless of the refs and the bonehead move of Josh Morgan, ultimately, the defense has to keep the other team off the scoreboard. That's what lost the game of us.
I agree with the idea that we should have been more physical with Amendola at the line.

That said, whether playing man or zone, we still would have gotten burnt with our front 7 exerting so little pressure against a lame-ass Rams line.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #68
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Good teams make adjustments every week. If Rocky was able to give the Rams good intel, shame on us if it was effective.

Shame on rocky if he gave them our playbook.
Why wouldn't he? Right now he's employed by the Rams. It's in his best interest to make sure the Rams are successful. Plus there are no rules against former players providing intel on former teams.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #69
takethecake
Special Teams

Ugh this board is so frustrating to browse after losses. Fire this guy, bench this guy... just give it a rest!

The earliest Haslett could possibly be fired is after the season anyways, let's talk about it then. Danny Smith is a little more worrying considering we've been having kicks blocked consistently for a while now, but he's not going anywhere until the offseason too.

My takeaway from this game was that our defense played soft (physically and mentally), and the referees absolutely ruined the game for both teams - the rams were rewarded for being chippy the entire game. An efficient performance by bradford is what gave the rams the win.
takethecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #70
RedskinsParadigm
Camp Scrub

The under-the-radar failure of the defense against the Rams was their inability to stop the run. Jackson and Richardson combined to average 5.9 YPC against this front-7. That is not good enough in any way. Yes, Amendola lit us up, but it was the running game that carried the Rams in the second half.
RedskinsParadigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:39 AM   #71
RGIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Bottom line.

This isn't a good front seven when Orakpo is on the sideline. He makes the difference.
... and Carriker.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #72
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

I just want Hasslettusdown to get that dumbarse look off his face. He just stands there showing no emotion or anything while the Lambs are screaming up and down the field, Amendola should buy Hassletusdown's trip to Hawaii

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #73
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Why wouldn't he? Right now he's employed by the Rams. It's in his best interest to make sure the Rams are successful. Plus there are no rules against former players providing intel on former teams.
It would be the first time somebody holding that particular playbook understood what any of it meant. Trust me, i've met him.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #74
RGIII

Skins need to sign Chris Carr or another CB for depth.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #75
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Wow, it didn't take long for the defense to play like a vagina. Same game as last year...seems they didn't learn anything.
Don't give Vagina a bad name.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote