Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #61
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Side judge pulled from Saints-Panthers game after his Facebook page showed Saints fandom | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

A clear-as-day Saints fan being allowed to ref the Saints-Panthers game? No conflict of interest there lol. Clearly the NFL did their homework on these refs.

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #62
The Goat
Pro Bowl

The officiating this season is obscene. But players and coaches have to keep their cool, or else the officiating becomes an advantage for the opponent as we saw today. Fisher (the superior coach no doubt) stayed pretty calm and focused, and his players did for the most part as well. Shanahan lost his cool and his focus, looked like a raving lunatic at times, and his team's focus went to sh!t.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #63
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The officiating this season is obscene. But players and coaches have to keep their cool, or else the officiating becomes an advantage for the opponent as we saw today. Fisher (the superior coach no doubt) stayed pretty calm and focused, and his players did for the most part as well. Shanahan lost his cool and his focus, looked like a raving lunatic at times, and his team's focus went to sh!t.
Wait what? Were we watching the same game? Because they showed Fisher screaming at the refs multiple times during the game. Not to mention all the post-whistle shit the players were pulling, like Robert Quinn pushing RG3's head to the ground after his sack and the Rams taking every opportunity to push Skins players after the tackle, or Cortland Finnegan doing his usual shit. They were most certainly engaged in post-whistle tactics designed to get the Redskins to lose their shit, and the 'Skins managed to hold their cool most of the game until Josh Morgan's killer penalty at the end.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #64
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I really hope the sports media makes a bigger deal out of this replacement refs situation. I just don't know what else can happen. The mistakes made by the refs have gotten worst and I hope someone calls out the league for it.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #65
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Wait what? Were we watching the same game? Because they showed Fisher screaming at the refs multiple times during the game. Not to mention all the post-whistle shit the players were pulling, like Robert Quinn pushing RG3's head to the ground after his sack and the Rams taking every opportunity to push Skins players after the tackle, or Cortland Finnegan doing his usual shit. They were most certainly engaged in post-whistle tactics designed to get the Redskins to lose their shit, and the 'Skins managed to hold their cool most of the game until Josh Morgan's killer penalty at the end.
Sorry dude but I think that's just a lot of whining. The Rams endured just as horrible calls as we did. The TD pass in the 1st quarter ruled out of bounds was a TD no two ways about it. Fisher should have challenged, but the bottom line that's a TD the Rams deserved. Jackson's run was probably a TD as well, and when he lost it Fisher immediately benched him. I don't think the Rams were unsportsmanlike today. They played far more physical than we did, period. A lot of that has to do with coaching, and indeed we were totally out-coached today. The Rams deserved the win...no excuses.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #66
RedskinsParadigm
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Sorry dude but I think that's just a lot of whining. The Rams endured just as horrible calls as we did. The TD pass in the 1st quarter ruled out of bounds was a TD no two ways about it. Fisher should have challenged, but the bottom line that's a TD the Rams deserved. Jackson's run was probably a TD as well, and when he lost it Fisher immediately benched him. I don't think the Rams were unsportsmanlike today. They played far more physical than we did, period. A lot of that has to do with coaching, and indeed we were totally out-coached today. The Rams deserved the win...no excuses.
Well after the game, Fisher said Jackson suffered a groin injury.

I absolutely thought the Rams were unsportsmanlike today...I don't even think there was a question about it. Having said that, I don't think the replacement refs had any effect on the outcome of the game. The Rams were robbed of two TDs and assisted the Redskins on at least one scoring drive with a dubious call. The Redskins were also victims of awful calls (Fletcher's phantom late hit) and missed calls the other way, but at the end of the day, both teams suffered from the refs.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #67
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I really hope the sports media makes a bigger deal out of this replacement refs situation. I just don't know what else can happen. The mistakes made by the refs have gotten worst and I hope someone calls out the league for it.
I'm with you. We need a media poop-storm over the issue. Then maybe the NFL bosses will be too embarrassed not to make a move.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #68
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

this......
Old 09-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #69
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I agree. I'm so tired of all the bitching about the refs. The regualr refs make shitty calls every single week. Actually we got more breaks than they did. We had plenty of chances to win this game and just didn't do it. We lost and deserved to.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #70
MTK
\m/

These replacement refs have no respect from the players and it shows. Sooner or later they're really going to F one of these games up bad.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #71
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
These replacement refs have no respect from the players and it shows. Sooner or later they're really going to F one of these games up bad.
I think they f'd our game up pretty bad. I mean the 1st quarter was an abortion and in general their lack of control and game management was glaring. I can't say we lost because of it but I am pretty sure that game yesterday is completely different if the refs do their damn job better.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #72
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
They lost control of the game. But to me, at least yesterday, the players had no respect for each other. We lost the game with their best player benched cause he couldn't control his emotions. I hope we will see the same from our staff.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #73
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
They lost control of the game. But to me, at least yesterday, the players had no respect for each other. We lost the game with their best player benched cause he couldn't control his emotions. I hope we will see the same from our staff.
And that's when it's time for the refs to step in and take control of the game.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #74
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I agree. I'm so tired of all the bitching about the refs. The regualr refs make shitty calls every single week. Actually we got more breaks than they did. We had plenty of chances to win this game and just didn't do it. We lost and deserved to.
The big problem isn't the "shitty calls" because calls tend to break both ways. The problems with the refs is that they aren't controlling the game either timewise or professionalism. I forget the circumstance, but there was one forward pass, clearly forward, that bounced around and players started going after the ball because no whistle was blown. A) that allowed time to run off, and B) put's players at risk for injury when a play should have been blown dead.

These are the things that going to get players injured, and/or cause a team to lose a game based on bad time management (ie the Seahawks game last week).

Finally, you can't look at the late hit Fletcher took late in the game and say that that was an honest play. The Rams player took a cheap shot and got away with it. Not the way the NFL wants to protect players.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #75
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The big problem isn't the "shitty calls" because calls tend to break both ways. The problems with the refs is that they aren't controlling the game either timewise or professionalism. I forget the circumstance, but there was one forward pass, clearly forward, that bounced around and players started going after the ball because no whistle was blown. A) that allowed time to run off, and B) put's players at risk for injury when a play should have been blown dead.

These are the things that going to get players injured, and/or cause a team to lose a game based on bad time management (ie the Seahawks game last week).

Finally, you can't look at the late hit Fletcher took late in the game and say that that was an honest play. The Rams player took a cheap shot and got away with it. Not the way the NFL wants to protect players.
Totally agree.