Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Full Blown Mutiny

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #61
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: Full Blown Mutiny

You touched on a very interesting topic when you say Mr. Coles will be playing for someone, Jets, Cowboys, ect. That's the problem, he in all likelehood will be playing with someone else, and I blame that someone else for giving him that opportunity when he's failed to uphold the last obligation he signed on to do.

When "Football was Football" as opposed to this money making circus that,s going on today, he would not play for anyone else because no one else would touch him. That,s the advantage players have today, the can mess over a team and move on elsewhere and get another opporyunity to do the same thing to that team.

Unfortunately, we dont share that same luxary in the real world.

Te Redskins will be fine with, or without Mr. Coles.

Hail Skins!! It's "UP" in 05
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2005, 02:43 AM   #62
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramseyfan
Second, as you correctly point out, Coles was given a large signing bonus as security. But now, the team apparently wants back the signing bonus (or a portion thereof). I don't think on the one hand you can honestly say that he accepted the CBA and should be held to it, but he should ALSO give back the signing bonus (if you in fact believe that).
He wants to void the contract, they have no obligation to void it, so adding such conditions seems perfectly valid. He's held to the CBA, and under that agreement he cant quit his job AND keep collecting paychecks, or else everyone would do that.

about the spurs comments - they gave up money, but THEY WIN GAMES... A LOT OF THEM. The patriot have also had good luck paying players below performance due to their record.

part of the problem is that LC's injury slowed him down some, and he's still being paid as if he were 100%. The other problem is that gibbs has used lots of short passing routes and likes letting his WRs block.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 09:55 AM   #63
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
He wants to void the contract, they have no obligation to void it, so adding such conditions seems perfectly valid. He's held to the CBA, and under that agreement he cant quit his job AND keep collecting paychecks, or else everyone would do that.

about the spurs comments - they gave up money, but THEY WIN GAMES... A LOT OF THEM. The patriot have also had good luck paying players below performance due to their record.

part of the problem is that LC's injury slowed him down some, and he's still being paid as if he were 100%. The other problem is that gibbs has used lots of short passing routes and likes letting his WRs block.
Is Gibbs being stubborn about sticking with a west coast type offense and short passes......with some offensive line help...center, guard and a healthy Jansen, I don't see why he couldn't open it up a bit...........maybe a compromise on our offensive scheme would help this situation.

Neat article in our paper here comparing the Spurs/Patriots....both go after lesser known names, hard workers and role players which convert into team chemistry...both are successful.......both front offices have talked to each other how they go about having such success.
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #64
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Gibbs' "awfense" as I've decided to start calling it. Isn't west coast. West coast throws a lot more passes, but they do so with the intention to let receivers make yards after the catch. I feel Steve Young got a lot more yards credited to his name then he may have deserved because his WRs did all the work! Gibbs handcuffs his receivers with the routes they run - I'm not against a short passing game, but give the receivers a CHANCE to make a big play! Also - can we please stop throwing it short of the 1st down marker on 3rd down please!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:26 PM   #65
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
3rd and 10 and brunell misses a 4 yard dump off
bad memories...
Old 02-25-2005, 08:21 PM   #66
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Did anyone read what Mark Maske had to say about how the Redskins should deal with Mr. Coles? "On Line from the Combine in Indy" I'm going to say this and it's my last post about Mr, Coles.

I think the Redskins should wait this guy out because he is not going to sit out the season. He's still under Contract, and he should be made to play out his obligation. The Redskins have no real obligation to trade a player already under contract just to satisfy the player. Suppose the other 52 players assumed that same attitude (espically when the tean will take a serious cap hit as a result) The only reason why players make these bold moves is because they are convinced they will be obliged, and that they will sign on with another team elsewhere.

That's why I think the Redskins should play Hard-Ball with this guy (because that's what he's doing with them) and thereby send a message that this type trend will not be acceptable.

Good Luck in 05
Old 02-26-2005, 08:22 PM   #67
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Unfortunately "SPORTSCURMUDGEON' WE DON' SET THE PARAMETERS FOR HIS CLASSIFICATION, HE DOES. SO, DEPENDING ON THE LEGACY HE SO CHOOSES TO LEAVE BEHIND BOTH ''WARRIOR'' AND OR ''PUNK'' MAY BE A BIT ''EXTREME''
Old 02-26-2005, 08:44 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan
Did anyone read what Mark Maske had to say about how the Redskins should deal with Mr. Coles? "On Line from the Combine in Indy" I'm going to say this and it's my last post about Mr, Coles.

I think the Redskins should wait this guy out because he is not going to sit out the season. He's still under Contract, and he should be made to play out his obligation. The Redskins have no real obligation to trade a player already under contract just to satisfy the player. Suppose the other 52 players assumed that same attitude (espically when the tean will take a serious cap hit as a result) The only reason why players make these bold moves is because they are convinced they will be obliged, and that they will sign on with another team elsewhere.

That's why I think the Redskins should play Hard-Ball with this guy (because that's what he's doing with them) and thereby send a message that this type trend will not be acceptable.

Good Luck in 05
Sounds like keeping him is still a possibility, stay tuned...
Old 02-27-2005, 12:42 AM   #69
That Guy
Living Legend

keeping coles > letting coles rape our cap and trading him for a crappier guy that wants a new shiny (BIG) contract... so i'm hoping we keep him and get williams..