Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #61
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
...or maybe you are just stereotyping people on welfare? Maybe it's because jobs aren't there. You act if we can just magically go get some job and all is better! What are a lot of major corporations doing with jobs? Answer: Sending them overseas and cutting them for max profits.

It's not always that simple or that easy FD, and congrats to you for having it made to where you never understand what kind of situation these people may be in. Granted, there are some that are lazy and want free handouts, that much is certain.

It's not that I "support" any particular group. I'm just calling out the parrot heads that continue to point at one thing and say LOOK THEY AR THE REASON.

However, if given the choice, would you rather bomb somebody or feed them.

They can do away with this Homeland Security bullshit. They aren't doing anything to make us secure. We are no more secure today than we were prior to 9/11.

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit

FD talked about us funding Syria. Wonder why he didn't mention Israel?

Washington DC ad campaign seeks to ‘expose’ Israeli lobby in America

Another way to save billions of dollars in wasted money is to end the faux war on drugs. It's a waste. Legalize it and tax it. You thereby create revenue.
I've been on both sides and know full well what it is like to be making minimum wage and a sgl father. I've also done alot of charity work so I know first hand what I'm talking about. The reason I did not mention Israel is because that is old spending and I have no problem cutting them off as well. I do agree we could legalize drugs and tax them but the right would never pass that bill.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #62
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
...or maybe you are just stereotyping people on welfare? Maybe it's because jobs aren't there. You act if we can just magically go get some job and all is better! What are a lot of major corporations doing with jobs? Answer: Sending them overseas and cutting them for max profits.

It's not always that simple or that easy FD, and congrats to you for having it made to where you never understand what kind of situation these people may be in. Granted, there are some that are lazy and want free handouts, that much is certain.

It's not that I "support" any particular group. I'm just calling out the parrot heads that continue to point at one thing and say LOOK THEY AR THE REASON.

However, if given the choice, would you rather bomb somebody or feed them.

They can do away with this Homeland Security bullshit. They aren't doing anything to make us secure. We are no more secure today than we were prior to 9/11.
Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit

FD talked about us funding Syria. Wonder why he didn't mention Israel?

Washington DC ad campaign seeks to ‘expose’ Israeli lobby in America

Another way to save billions of dollars in wasted money is to end the faux war on drugs. It's a waste. Legalize it and tax it. You thereby create revenue.
You're a loon.
Thats why I take almost nothing seriously you post in this forum.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #63
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
And this thread is why I overall support sequestration and any other mandatory reductions that don't listen to every grievance. Just in this thread we can see a lobby for the military, the people making the most, and those who support the poor. We can't even come together and accept the simple fact that our government is way overspending in every area, and instead throw out graphs, articles and "national pride" to plead the case for whichever group you support.

In fact, I would say sequestration didn't go far enough, and that we ought to mandate 3% baseline cuts and 3% tax increases across the board, every year until either:
a) legislatively binding financial plans are developed that bring the budget at or near balance and a fund for debt repayment is established

or

b) an amendment to the constitution is passed that mandates fiscal sanity (however that would be worded). It ought to be easy enough for the population of 2/3rds of the states to push for a straight forward amendment which says that unfettered debt is dangerous to our national health, and therefore, the Constitution is amended to require that the national debt can never exceed x% (i am sure there is a healthy percentage of debt).
I agree a flat reduction in spending would have been a better plan along with a tax increase that reduces our dept.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #64
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I agree a flat reduction in spending would have been a better plan along with a tax increase that reduces our dept.
Isn't this the sticking point? The left wants to have cuts, but also add new taxes. The right refuses to allow any new taxes?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #65
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Isn't this the sticking point? The left wants to have cuts, but also add new taxes. The right refuses to allow any new taxes?
The left only wants to cut defense spending and add new taxes. The right says it would look at raising taxes along with spending cuts across the board. Remember we just had a tax increase in January and defense has also had pther cuts in spending. I think all spending should be on the table.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #66
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
The left only wants to cut defense spending and add new taxes. The right says it would look at raising taxes along with spending cuts across the board. Remember we just had a tax increase in January and defense has also had pther cuts in spending. I think all spending should be on the table.
I agree, smart cuts to defense and everything else along with some increased taxes.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #67
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
You're a loon.
Thats why I take almost nothing seriously you post in this forum.
So tell me, how many terrorist activities have they stopped here in the US? Then tell me how many billions we've spent.

I'll be awaiting those numbers.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #68
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I've been on both sides and know full well what it is like to be making minimum wage and a sgl father.

So you managed to support you and your child with a minimum wage job with no help or support?

1) Rent
2) Car/gas
3) Food
4) Insurance
5) Clothes
6) Other supplies

No offense, but I'm not believing it one bit.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #69
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
So tell me, how many terrorist activities have they stopped here in the US? Then tell me how many billions we've spent.

I'll be awaiting those numbers.
I doubt we'll ever be able to tell how many were stopped, its made it awful hard for the sundry list of bad guys to even attempt anything becuse its so expensive and complicated to pull something off like that now.

And to name a few - The Coast Guard, The Secret Service, TSA, Immigration are all part of HS.
Why do you want to do away with them?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #70
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Where Did Our Debt Come From?Please watch.

Where Did the Debt Come From? - YouTube
Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #71
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

keep the sequester and tax policey seperate. Big mistake

we need to attack our government's spending with substanial cuts and enforce budget control there after.

tax reforms should happen, but our government shouldnt do both at once, we are too stupid politically.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #72
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
So you managed to support you and your child with a minimum wage job with no help or support?

1) Rent
2) Car/gas
3) Food
4) Insurance
5) Clothes
6) Other supplies

No offense, but I'm not believing it one bit.
I made a deal with the person I worked for and had a place to live by doing odd jobs for him on the weekends. I actually took a reduction in pay to get into the insurance field but I didn't make much money the first few years. Finally got trained and moved up and then opened my own office. The only thing I ever received from the gov was a tax credit for being a low income parent. I'm personally not against federal programs I'm against people who are on them for life and raise children who become welfare dependent.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #73
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I doubt we'll ever be able to tell how many were stopped, its made it awful hard for the sundry list of bad guys to even attempt anything becuse its so expensive and complicated to pull something off like that now.

And to name a few - The Coast Guard, The Secret Service, TSA, Immigration are all part of HS.
Why do you want to do away with them?
Answer: None.

It made it hard? You mean how the kid that got on board a airplane with a shoe bomb? TSA agents have been nothing but a menace since their creation. Groping women, harassing kids and other passengers has been their specialty, not stopping terrorists.

TSA Agents Harass Three-Year-Old with Spina Bifida, Take Away Her Stuffed Animal

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/25/tsa...ar-old-wi.html

TSA harassment sends rape victim to emergency room — RT USA

TSA Agents Harass Disabled Passengers: Cause for Concern : News : TravelersToday

You give our incompetent enforcement agencies way too much credit.

Security is Big Business at Super Bowl XLVII - Forbes

We don't need to be involved with security for the Super Bowl, the NFL makes 9+ billion a year, let them handle it.

Well, those departments you named were there prior to the HS department being formed so no. I have a huge issue with pouring billions of dollars into "security" when it's not protecting us from shit. Again, I'm not talking about agencies that existed prior to 9/11.

Last edited by NC_Skins; 03-04-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #74
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Where Did Our Debt Come From?Please watch.

Where Did the Debt Come From? - YouTube
Nothing like a bias source.

Center for American Progress's Director of Tax and Budget Policy

Its President and chief executive officer is Neera Tanden, who worked for the Obama and Clinton administrations and for Hillary Clinton’s campaigns.[5] Its first President and chief executive officer
Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #75
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nothing like a bias source.

Center for American Progress's Director of Tax and Budget Policy

Its President and chief executive officer is Neera Tanden, who worked for the Obama and Clinton administrations and for Hillary Clinton’s campaigns.[5] Its first President and chief executive officer

SO is any of the information wrong? If so, please point out where and detail it.

It doesn't take a genius to see that starting 2 separate wars while cutting taxes was going to lead to a huge debt hole.