Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #61
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I just dont want to see a society where we have to put armed guards at our schools? I mean does anybody think that is just f*cked up or am I in the minority?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I agree it's totally F'd up, and I don't think it deals with the root issues.

...and it doesn't. Putting a armed guard at every school in the nation isn't going to stop a person that wants to kill others. (in terms of shootings like Auora/Sandy Hill) They'll simply find another target location that offers no resistance in their quest to live in infamy. That's the whole point of guys like this, they don't want to fight anybody that's armed, which is why they generally shoot themselves when the cops start swarming in. You put a guard in every public place, and quite frankly would you want one? At that point, it might as well be a police state.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #62
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Protection from what?
Hear about the mentally unstable guy at Newtown? Or are you just begging the question?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #63
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
That is a privet school that caters to an extrem cliental,school lunch is prime rib,are"regular schools" getting that for lunch???
What point (or dodge) are you trying to make here?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #64
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Better enforcement and regulations deter those situations.

I realize it's very hard for people to look at things beyond the very literal...
Enforcement is a key word. Banks and courtrooms don't just rely on posted signs to enforce what kind of zone or regulation exists.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #65
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Why is the commercial somehow "radical fringe"? Don't you think if politicians kids have armed guards at their schools, (not to mention armed guards for banks, subways, airliners, as the NRA has pointed out), that regular schools somehow don't deserve similar protection?

The president of the United states has armed guards 24 hours a day do you,and if you don't,why?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #66
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Hear about the mentally unstable guy at Newtown? Or are you just begging the question?
You mean the kid who's mother didn't secure her weapons and he killed her and 27 others,that kid who had his mother done what she was suppose to being a "responsable gun owner"never would have got to the weapons in the first place,that kid,yeah I heard of him ,why?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #67
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Why is it that no gun owner has a mental defect or disorder ...until he kills someone ?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #68
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
You mean the kid who's mother didn't secure her weapons and he killed her and 27 others,that kid who had his mother done what she was suppose to being a "responsable gun owner"never would have got to the weapons in the first place,that kid,yeah I heard of him ,why?
Your post contradicts itself (underlined), though the main point is that the kid in question had prior history of being unstable.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #69
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
The president of the United states has armed guards 24 hours a day do you,and if you don't,why?
Because the means to defend me and mine, backed up by existing law enforcement, is enough for me. "Tougher" gun regulations weren't enough for the kids at Newtown. A resource officer in the right place might have been though.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #70
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Why is it that no gun owner has a mental defect or disorder ...until he kills someone ?
Why is it that politicians and some hysterical people blame inanimate objects for murderers actions?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #71
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
She may have had them secured and he had access to them. If I had a gun safe and a son who used the guns he would also have access to the guns. Its obviouse by her death she did not think he would have use her guns in this way.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #72
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
She may have had them secured and he had access to them. If I had a gun safe and a son who used the guns he would also have access to the guns. Its obviouse by her death she did not think he would have use her guns in this way.

Ok,this is where I have some trouble.I live in Charles county maryland a very big hunting area,I work with many folks from southern Maryland in general again all big hunters and they say the only people aloud in their gun safes are them,not the wife or the kids.My son inlaws both military one a Marine the other Army also both hunt and say the same thing,as fact at Ft Bragg where my Army son inlaw is stationed(82nd Airborn) all weapons (yes all)must be registerd and held at a depot on base anything ,Airsoft or BB must be reported or if found will be confiscated and a fine issued.To me and this is mostly to your last sentence...she didn't think,when you son orders a kevlar suit it's time to think about your weapons.This is my point some, not all ....gun owners think they are responsible and clearly are not we just don't find out till someone else is dead
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #73
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Your post contradicts itself (underlined), though the main point is that the kid in question had prior history of being unstable.

Just being sarcastic,if the child was "unsatable" and had a history the mother should have known better,correct?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #74
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Ok,this is where I have some trouble.I live in Charles county maryland a very big hunting area,I work with many folks from southern Maryland in general again all big hunters and they say the only people aloud in their gun safes are them,not the wife or the kids.My son inlaws both military one a Marine the other Army also both hunt and say the same thing,as fact at Ft Bragg where my Army son inlaw is stationed(82nd Airborn) all weapons (yes all)must be registerd and held at a depot on base anything ,Airsoft or BB must be reported or if found will be confiscated and a fine issued.To me and this is mostly to your last sentence...she didn't think,when you son orders a kevlar suit it's time to think about your weapons.This is my point some, not all ....gun owners think they are responsible and clearly are not we just don't find out till someone else is dead
And this prevents mass shootings? You dont hear about people going into a police station and shooting it up. Or people going to a shotting range and shooting it up. Or a gun store. However, unfortunately the same isnt true for a Army mess hall where you have to check your gun, like at Fort Hood. Or a college campus where guns are not allowed,. Or a elementry where no weapons of any sort are allowed.

Who had a kevlar suite? Regardless, Lanza's mom was a completely irresponsible gun owner.

Last edited by mlmpetert; 02-11-2013 at 01:52 PM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #75
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Has it been verified how the guns were secured in the house before Adam got his hands on them, or are some of you just going with speculations?
Because if they were locked up and he broke in without a key or a combo then you may as well say you want "no guns in houses".