Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #61
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
You seriously don't understand. Yeah it's easy for someone to pepper spray someone into submitting, it's easy to use the Batton on someone to get them to follow directions. Where it becomes difficult for anyone is when the cops are trying to not hurt the suspect and not get themselves hurt.
See the bad guy does not play by that rule. They don't care who they hurt as long as they get away.

From a males perspective it's easy to get a male under control, it's the male cop trying to arrest the female suspect with out hurting them.
no you don't understand, police go through training not only on how to react to a situation, but more importantly how to use restraint, and i have been through this training for the army. restraint is one of the most important things an officer has to have, ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?

do you also think this is ok?

ST21

Advertisements
Old 05-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #62
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
no you don't understand, police go through training not only on how to react to a situation, but more importantly how to use restraint, and i have been through this training for the army. restraint is one of the most important things an officer has to have, ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?

YouTube - Police Brutality: 15 Yr. Old Girl Beaten in Jail
First, in this, the officer was out of line. Kicking your shoe off at the cop gets you against the wall and hand-cuffed and charged with assaulting an officer. It does not get you thrown into the wall, slammed to the floor and punched in the head.

But when I got to the part "We didn't technically steal the car... we just borrowed it from my friend's mom without permission." I just had to laugh.

"I didn't steal the money, I was just borrowing it from the bank without permission."

An obnoxious teen and a obnoxious cop. Bad mix for both.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #63
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
First, in this, the officer was out of line. Kicking your shoe off at the cop gets you against the wall and hand-cuffed and charged with assaulting an officer. It does not get you thrown into the wall, slammed to the floor and punched in the head.

But when I got to the part "We didn't technically steal the car... we just borrowed it from my friend's mom without permission." I just had to laugh.

"I didn't steal the money, I was just borrowing it from the bank without permission."

I also had a good laugh at that and I'm guess that friends mom called the cops and reported the car a stolen. In both cases the cops went over the line but theses kids seem to need a real ass beating.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #64
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post

pretty much what i was trying to point out. as an officer you have to be able to restrain yourself whether it's a full grown drunk man just asking for a fight, or a cocky terrible excuse for a kid.

ST21
Old 05-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #65
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Saw this on Reddit, made me laugh a bit.

How accurate is Jay-Z's legal advice in 99 problems...

How valid is the implied legal advice in Jay-Z's "99 Problems"? - Quora
Old 05-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post

YouTube - Police Brutality: 15 Yr. Old Girl Beaten in Jail

If that was my daughter, that would be one dead effing cop after I got my hands on him period.

On the other side, as a father id be completely embarrassed I raised a complete piece of trash, but that beating by the cop is way inexcusible.

He Gets Us
Old 05-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #67
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If that was my daughter, that would be one dead effing cop after I got my hands on him period.

On the other side, as a father id be completely embarrassed I raised a complete piece of trash, but that beating by the cop is way inexcusible.
Hey we agree on something.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #68
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Wow:

Philly Police Harass, Threaten to Shoot Man Legally Carrying Gun - Stossel's Take Blog - FOXBusiness.com
Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #69
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

its hilarious that they came back to actually press charges. thats a total a$$shole move by the philly prosecutor and strange one because it will continue to give the story life.

He Gets Us
Old 05-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #70
firstdown
Living Legend

I'll have to say that even with these stupid things that cops have done I have never really had any issues with any cops. The few encounters I have had they have treated me the way I treated them. With respect.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #71
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'll have to say that even with these stupid things that cops have done I have never really had any issues with any cops. The few encounters I have had they have treated me the way I treated them. With respect.
Agreed, I think the good majority of police are quality professionals. It's the few bad apples that make the headlines though and spoil the bunch.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #72
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
My experiences with cops are a mixed bag. I've had a few encounters where they were total d-bag bullies, flat out rude, and pretty ridiculous overall. And I've also had a few encounters where they were upstanding, professional, and really cool actually.

So basically any time I deal with police (which isn't often at all thankfully), I'm just respectful and hope to get the same respect back, but I don't expect it.

I will say there was one year down in Florida where my wife (then my girlfriend) and I were living next door to a Gainesville PD detective. He was a single dad, and there were times he had to run out last second for work. Often he would ask me to come over and keep an eye on his son, which of course I did. He was a good man, and I'd like to believe most cops are like him, although I know that's probably not the case.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Agreed, I think the good majority of police are quality professionals. It's the few bad apples that make the headlines though and spoil the bunch.

Very true.

I had a bad experience where one actually lied at trial and my lawyer told me he thought the officier was gonna lie about a detail before the hearing got started in the hallway. I remember thinking that was funny cause i never actually an officer would lie acutally under oath. When we got to the point of the trail and the officer did actually lie about a fact and my jaw dropped. My lawyer in the hall after the hearing was something like "these young officers have a lot of pressure on them to get convictions from prosecutors and their head of departments, etc. So they will make small lies or bend the truth. Their human and its an everyday occurance." I mean thats bullsh*t IMO cause it impacts peoples lives usually negatively.

I have cool experiences with cops and really bad ones. Their a couple more bad ones, but the one above pissed me off the most.

He Gets Us
Old 05-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #74
mlmpetert
Playmaker

“Stop Resisting” | The Agitator

^Another case of overzealous cops i stumbled upon this morning.

I was watching a mini Cops marathon with a friend last night and we were cracking up at first about how the cops would continue to yell/scream “Get on the Ground” or “Stop Resisting” when the person was already on the ground or had clearly stopped resisting. But after a while we became upset and were offended about how cops were treating suspects. Its ridiculous.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #75
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Heard on eliot in the morning, this morning:

New details on Metro wheelchair case | WJLA.com