Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #61
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Donovan McNabb's comments in the Washington Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I didn't remember McNabb saying anything negative through that season?? What did he say exactly?
You really have selective memory. You don't remember his agent blasting Mike and Kyle claiming things that McNabb felt? Who do you think all that shit came from? McScrub himself. Then he didn't even disagree with his agent when it came out in the press, but claimed he didn't feel that way. C'mon man...

Quote:
Per the trade, it says just as much about our FO/coaches taking McNabb as it does Reid letting him go. It was obvious he was on the decline.
I agree with that. Not all the FO was on board with this. We know at least Kyle didnt' want McNabb in the first place.

Quote:
But regardless, defense was the big problem that year, as has been Mike's theme in Washington so far. To pretend otherwise is silly.

No. QB play was a huge reason, which is why McNabb got benched.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 06-03-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Advertisements
Old 06-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #62
MTK
\m/

The D was no worse under McNabb than it was last year for Griffin, in fact last years D gave up more points.

RG3 as a rookie outperformed McNabb's season here in every way possible, still a hard pill for McNabb to swallow I guess.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #63
Skinzman
The Starter

[quote=The Goat;1010704]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
When you show up in a new town and pretty much tell every single person on the team that you have no intention of working for a common goal, that pretty much tells me all I need to know about him.

The one person who respected him, Andy Reid, traded him within the division. Which in sports, is one of the biggest shows of disrespect that one can get. No way he comes to Washington if Reid thinks there is something left in the tank. He was sent from Philly with almost everyone of his team mates and an entire city not even caring enough to say goodbye. They all said good riddens. QUOTE]

I didn't remember McNabb saying anything negative through that season?? What did he say exactly?

To be honest I thought he had some very solid games. What defined that season was the worst defense we'd seen in Washington in I think a decade. I believe we were bottom of the league in most categories. It was atrocious, and 100% the result of Mike blowing up the defense we had. So, if there's a culprit for a shitty season that year, pointing to McNabb is, again, a real cheap shot.

Per the trade, it says just as much about our FO/coaches taking McNabb as it does Reid letting him go. It was obvious he was on the decline. And everyone knew he came from a pass heavy offense to a run heavy offense. So to work it would have taken a lot of adjustment from both sides IMO.

But regardless, defense was the big problem that year, as has been Mike's theme in Washington so far. To pretend otherwise is silly.
I guess I explained it wrong. He didnt say he had no intention of working for a common goal, he just refused to actually work for that common goal. I usually phrase a lack of trying as "saying they didnt want to".

He openly refused to wear a wrist brace because he cared more about his image than he did for his team mates.

To me, that says it all about McNabb.

As for the trade, I agree with you there. I never wanted him here and thought it was a mistake to trade for him. But overall, the acquiring of players has gone much better under Shanny and Allen than it ever went with Vinny and Snyder running the show. I dont expect perfection as I know it wont happen, but I expect more hits than misses. McNabb was clearly a miss and they deserve criticism for it as a single move, but overall the team has more talent now than it had prior to their arrival, as well as being much younger.

Its not a cheap shot to point to McNabb. Yardage wise he was actually doing good. Interception wise and getting into the end zone wise, he was making Grossman look pretty good. How many players really stepped up and "had his back" after he was benched?
Old 06-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #64
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Hey look. Goat is sticking up for someone who trashes the Shanahans.

Ahhh ... it's like we are right back in the season again! Thanks Goat for the fond memories.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #65
SkinzWin
Playmaker

What a sad, sad, delusional troll D Mac has become...

Someone needs a hug because it sounds like their self-esteem is low.

I guess Donovan's mom did the Chunky Soup commercials for the paycheck, not because she loved him.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #66
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post

I guess Donovan's mom did the Chunky Soup commercials for the paycheck, not because she loved him.
Please leave family out of it. Donovans mom doesnt need to be inserted, and certainly doesnt need to have it thrown out that she doesnt love him. Of course she did that commercial for a paycheck (if that is actually her and not an actress, I honestly dont know), but that doesnt mean anything when it comes to whether she loves her children. If RG3's mom and/or dad were offered money to do a commercial with their son, I would have no problem with it and would never claim that they are using their son for a paycheck. Thats a pretty low blow to be honest, and im someone who cant stand McNabb.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #67
GusFrerotte

I don't think Donovan's advice was that controversial or as badmouthing RG III about all the attention as the media tried to play it as. Robert needs to just focus on his rehab and nothing more. What has transpired over the post draft offseason is a bit much, and to be honest almost borders on being "Bieberesque" or "Kardashian". Yeah you can blame the media for sure for covering this stuff, but these PR stunts are pointless. Robert just needs to focus on rehab and getting himself ready for training camp if he can participate. There is no need to get yourself in the media at this point.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

I think given how his recovery has gone so far, Griffin is doing all the right things and then some. If he were still limping around the "he's doing too much" crowd might have a better argument.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #69
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post

I don't get what is so delusional about what he said. For the past month it has been sort of a circus with the PR stunts, etc. Robert just needs to focus on one thing, getting healthy, and not try to rush things. Trying to be Superman and coming back out against Seattle was a bad decision that could still have ramifications on his career. Kid has to cool it and come back to earth so he can soar later on.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #70
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The D was no worse under McNabb than it was last year for Griffin, in fact last years D gave up more points.

RG3 as a rookie outperformed McNabb's season here in every way possible, still a hard pill for McNabb to swallow I guess.
STOP IT with your facts and logic already!
And BTW, imagine what Robert.....Could have done last year if he wasn't constantly F..n off playing media star...commercials......getaways with Jessica Simpson....
Old 06-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #71
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It amazes me 1) how many people don't grasp the idea of "controlling the message" and 2) how little fans think of players' abilities to multitask and handle multiple responsibilities like the rest of society..

What the hell is this crap of he needs to only focus on rehab? Speaking to the media for a few minutes a week isn't going to cripple him (pun intended?). All you mother****ers are posting here, taking away from other things you could/should be doing but do you look in the mirror and say damn maybe I'd get that promotion if I wasn't slacking off posting on this message board, shit maybe I wouldn't be so fat if I worked out these 30 minutes instead of reading these posts, **** maybe I wouldn't be single still if I was out meeting people instead of starting a new thread here.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #72
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It amazes me 1) how many people don't grasp the idea of "controlling the message" and 2) how little fans think of players' abilities to multitask and handle multiple responsibilities like the rest of society..

What the hell is this crap of he needs to only focus on rehab? Speaking to the media for a few minutes a week isn't going to cripple him (pun intended?). All you mother****ers are posting here, taking away from other things you could/should be doing but do you look in the mirror and say damn maybe I'd get that promotion if I wasn't slacking off posting on this message board, shit maybe I wouldn't be so fat if I worked out these 30 minutes instead of reading these posts, **** maybe I wouldn't be single still if I was out meeting people instead of starting a new thread here.
SS with a hundo fastball right under the chin!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #73
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Took the words right outta my mouth. I wish you could have spelled out mother****ers though.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.

Last edited by EARTHQUAKE2689; 06-04-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #74
Coff
Impact Rookie

I can understand what McNabb is saying here; I mean, from his perspective RGIII is definitely doing too much. He's taking time to learn the playbook and his role in the offense. Certainly that's significantly more than McNabb did while in DC, and we saw how successful his tenure here was. From that perspective it's very good advice.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #75
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Hey look. Goat is sticking up for someone who trashes the Shanahans.

Ahhh ... it's like we are right back in the season again! Thanks Goat for the fond memories.
That train is always on time.
R.I.P. #21
Closed Thread