Old 09-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Kyle Busch Heading To Joe Gibbs Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
I'm listening Live now.
In Gibbs I trust.

I drive a Jeep and an Isuzu Pickup so I don't have that big of loyalty to GM. My first fear was that of the unknown.

They'll win races still

Thanks for thinking of me.
Sure...just interesting how you were pretty adamant that it wasn't going to happen. Unless I misunderstood you

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #62
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Sure...just interesting how you were pretty adamant that it wasn't going to happen. Unless I misunderstood you
You are right I really didn't think he would switch months ago. You are correct.

I'm a hard head but I've been known to evolve.

Go Denny Go!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #63
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

One of the last comments.

Quote:
"If we didn't think we would come out of the box just as fast next season we wouldn't have done it" - JD Gibbs
I'll take that and be ready to win races.
Denny needs to win at his Hometown track this week at Richmond.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #64
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well the bottom line is that JGR wants to be the top team for whatever manufacturer they use. With Hendrick Motorsports, and even Richard Childress Racing, he wasn't going to get that with Chevrolet. At Toyota, JGR will be the unquestioned top dog.
Yes, he will be, and all eyes will be on his performance from this year and compare it to what he will do next year.
So what happens if they do worse??
Old 09-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #65
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

If they do worse, I'd be willing to bet Toyota pumps more money in. They don't want to see their name on an inferior product...Stewart and Hamlin are top 10 drivers in Chevy, and Toyota and JGR are confident it will continue. If the engines aren't up to snuff, the garage boys will let Toyota know...

Just hope they've brushed up on their Japanese...damn manuals.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #66
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
If they do worse, I'd be willing to bet Toyota pumps more money in. They don't want to see their name on an inferior product...Stewart and Hamlin are top 10 drivers in Chevy, and Toyota and JGR are confident it will continue. If the engines aren't up to snuff, the garage boys will let Toyota know...

Just hope they've brushed up on their Japanese...damn manuals.
Being confident and being successful are two different things. Just look at Gibbs on his return to the SKins...he was confident he could bring back respect and winning...he hasn't. (go figure he runs both orginizations)
Old 09-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #67
Riggo44
The Starter

I can't even begin to tell you guy's how much I hate this move. Chevy has been winning most of the races in NASCAR for a long time. I just don't see the advantage of switching to a foreign manufacture. Like my dad used to always tell me after I would take something apart and not be able to put it back together. “If it's not broken, DON’T FIX IT!!!"
Old 09-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #68
Riggo44
The Starter

Here are some pics I took with my camera phone at California Speedway last weekend. They didn’t come out that great. But for a camera phone there ok.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #69
jsarno
Franchise Player

Those sea lions are adorable!
I've always wanted to go to a NASCAR event, someday I'm sure I will.

I agree with you by the way, don't fix what ain't broke! I don't get it...I guarentee JGR will do worse next year! (again, not that I mind)
Old 09-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44 View Post
Here are some pics I took with my camera phone at California Speedway last weekend. They didn’t come out that great. But for a camera phone there ok.

Nice pics Riggo...how did you not melt in the 110 degree weather?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #71
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Those sea lions are adorable!
I've always wanted to go to a NASCAR event, someday I'm sure I will.

I agree with you by the way, don't fix what ain't broke! I don't get it...I guarentee JGR will do worse next year! (again, not that I mind)

You should defiantly try and make it to one someday jsarno. I wasn't that into NASCAR until some of my friends took me to my first race about 7 years ago. It's hard to really appreciate how close the cars race and how fast there driving until you see it in person. At my first race being a life long Redskins fan it was a no brainier for me to choose Stewart and Labonte as my guy's.

Just to let you know I almost did melt SS! We almost didn't go because it's been so hot the last couple weeks. Sunday morning the thought of spending the day out in Fontana (which is pretty much the desert) was pretty intimidating. But around 1:30 we finally sucked it up and drove out there. It was bad at first but got down to like 95 degrees once the sun started to set.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #72
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44 View Post
You should defiantly try and make it to one someday jsarno. I wasn't that into NASCAR until some of my friends took me to my first race about 7 years ago. It's hard to really appreciate how close the cars race and how fast there driving until you see it in person. At my first race being a life long Redskins fan it was a no brainier for me to choose Stewart and Labonte as my guy's.

Just to let you know I almost did melt SS! We almost didn't go because it's been so hot the last couple weeks. Sunday morning the thought of spending the day out in Fontana (which is pretty much the desert) was pretty intimidating. But around 1:30 we finally sucked it up and drove out there. It was bad at first but got down to like 95 degrees once the sun started to set.
I will try it.

By the way, I have the same danbury mint hogs statue. I also have their christmas santa, and joe thiesmann.
Of course, my NASCAR stuff is Jeff Gordon. I have all sorts of his crap too, including the same size replica car that you have of Stewart.

Jeff Gordon got me into racing cause I'm from the Boston, and up there no one is really a fan, and if you want to be a fan it's tough cause you weren't a southerner. Jeff was an outcast because he wasn't the typical driver, he was from California. I related to that and liked him from day 1.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #73
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I will try it.

By the way, I have the same danbury mint hogs statue. I also have their christmas santa, and joe thiesmann.
Of course, my NASCAR stuff is Jeff Gordon. I have all sorts of his crap too, including the same size replica car that you have of Stewart.

Jeff Gordon got me into racing cause I'm from the Boston, and up there no one is really a fan, and if you want to be a fan it's tough cause you weren't a southerner. Jeff was an outcast because he wasn't the typical driver, he was from California. I related to that and liked him from day 1.

It’s alright to be a Rainbow warrior fan jsarno. I won’t hold it against you. A couple of my best friends are big Gordon fans too. We talk a lot of sh-t to each other it’s a nice little rivalry. Lately I've been getting messages like “Why aren’t you picking up your phone John? “Are you over at JGR trying to figure out how to attack Pearl Harbor again??” Stupid stuff but it’s all good and it makes the races a little more exciting when you’re trying to beat your friends.

One of these days I’d like to get the Theismann, Jurgenson and Green Danbury mint figures as well I just haven’t wanted to fork over the dough yet. But I do have a redskins snowman snow globe that I bust out in Dec.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #74
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

I've got a garage full of Japanese vehicles, and I swear by them. Unsurpassed dependability and these ain't no econo-boxes either (350Z & Altima SE-R). However, there's just something not right about Toyota entering into NASCAR. It has always been a contest of domestic builders (Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc.) in an American sport and it just doesn't seem right to me. I'm old fashioned I guess. Oh well, I hope JG Racing has better luck than Michael Waltrip had with Toyota. I can't realistically believe Joe Gibbs' teams are gonna come out of the box in winning form. Way too much of a learning curve going from GM to Toyota. Sad, sad, sad.
Dlyne8r is offline   Reply With Quote