Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Redskins Gear

Will the Redskins ever get new uniforms?

Redskins Gear

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #61
MPNRedskins
Special Teams

Re: Will the Redskins ever get new uniforms?

Ok, here's an idea. How about keeping the same uniforms, logos, everything, but maybe change the colors? Make the burgandy darker, the yellow turn to gold. The Rams did the same thing. They went to darker blue, gold, and keep the same unis. The tradition is kept with the current logos, just the colors are a little bit different. If I'm wrong with this, my bad. I'm not trying to ruffle any more feathers. Just throwing ideas out there.

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #62
Skinsfan1967
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanmania View Post
Native American were interviewed and only 5% of native americans had a problem with the name. Besides, the team was named the Redskins to honor their former coach when they were in Boston.

No change is coming and the only people that have a problem with the name is the liberal media.
I wish I could be as sure as you seem to be. I would not like to see the name or uniforms changed but sometimes strange or unpopular circumstances occur. It does appear that Dan Snyder has tried to be prepared in the event that he is forced to make those changes.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #63
troy
Camp Scrub

i hope it never changes. i have the current helmet and logo tattooed on my left bicep. i hope the uniforms and name don't change. it was bad enough they were wearing all white for a time...
Old 01-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #64
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy View Post
i hope it never changes. i have the current helmet and logo tattooed on my left bicep. i hope the uniforms and name don't change. it was bad enough they were wearing all white for a time...
Have you seen Summo's tattoo? I'm sure he's in the same boat at you about the helmet and logo.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #65
troy
Camp Scrub

i haven't seen his tattoo. all i have is the helmet with logo. but i've been a "redskin" fan since i was a child back in the late 70's and early 80's. and when i'm in my 50's i still want to be a "redskin" fan. there is just to much pride in the burgandy and gold to change it...
Old 01-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #66
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy View Post
i haven't seen his tattoo. all i have is the helmet with logo. but i've been a "redskin" fan since i was a child back in the late 70's and early 80's. and when i'm in my 50's i still want to be a "redskin" fan. there is just to much pride in the burgandy and gold to change it...
http://faction13.com/TatFin.jpg
Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #67
troy
Camp Scrub

thanks smootsmack. that's a nice tat. mine is about half that size and is a color helmet. i'd post a picture, but a don't know how...sorry
Old 01-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #68
SkinDogg
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinEmAll View Post
Just a small correction for ya, George Preston Marshall bought the Boston Braves in 1932, a year later playing in Fenway Park, Marshall renamed them the Redskins and hired an Indian coach named Lone Star Dietz. The team was not profitable and actually was doing well going to the NFL Championship in 1936, losing to Greenbay. They were fewer than 14,000 people in each of their 7 home games playing in Boston. Marshall moved them to D.C. in 1937 brought in rookie Sammy Baugh, and the rest is history.
Thanks for the correction.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #69
SkinsandWolverines
Camp Scrub

I do not think that the skins will ever have to change their names. They have far too many powerful people lobbying on their behalf. As long as were not f*cking with PETA I think we should be alright. We may however, have to start paying off reservations. Not that that money will be put to any sort of good use.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #70
scowan
The Starter

Anyone know what uni the Skins will be wearing at Seattle this weekend so I can coordinate while sitting on my couch? I assume the samething we've seen every week "White on Burgandy". Don't the Seahawks wear that nasty blue on blue or whatever color you call that?
Old 01-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #71
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Anyone know what uni the Skins will be wearing at Seattle this weekend so I can coordinate while sitting on my couch? I assume the samething we've seen every week "White on Burgandy". Don't the Seahawks wear that nasty blue on blue or whatever color you call that?
I almost 100% sure that we'll be wearing the white/burgundy.

Seattle's uniform is awful. They look like an arena league team.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #72
scowan
The Starter

Thanks Redskins P, it would almost have to be White on Burgundy, because the Seahawks wear their all blues at home, and I agree with you on the Hawks unis being ugly.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #73
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P View Post
I almost 100% sure that we'll be wearing the white/burgundy.

Seattle's uniform is awful. They look like an arena league team.
Plus, there is no such bird as a Seahawk. It's like naming a team the Bigfoots.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #74
ChuckPrez
Special Teams

I haven't read the whole thread, but I want to give my $0.02

I hope they don't change. However, if they do, I hope they go to the 2002 Throwbacks or the 1994 Throwbacks. Dark burgundy is a good look.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:15 PM   #75
lwiedy
Special Teams

I'm with ChuckPrez. I really like the home throwback set used in 1994. The only problem(s) are this scheme is closest to a throwback to the 1961-1968 unis. This obviously would not be looked kindly upon by those who associate a uniform with an era. If the 'Skins never changed in 1969, the uniforms would probably evolved into what the Raiders have today (with the burgundy/gold in place of silver/black).

I like the current set only because of its association with the glory years. In actuality, they were introduced in 1979 and were a "disco-ing" of the Lombardi change made in 1969. I have never liked the red jersey/white pants combo (not enough gold). Thankfully, they disappeared at home in 1981 and didn't reappear until 2001 under Marty.

While I'm at it, there are two little known (perhaps, little cared) facts about the red jersey/white pants combo.

1. Gibbs introduced white jerseys at home because, from his days at San Diego, he believed receivers could be seen better by QB's wearing white.
2. The red/white has been worn at least once every season, but in 1984, 2004 and 2005 they were worn ONLY once. In 1984 and 2004, it was at Dallas who always wears white at home. But in 2005 Dallas wore their throwbacks and the skins wore white (for the only time I've ever seen). The red/whites were worn in Tampa Bay.
Closed Thread