Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Snyder Camp Upset!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
SS Snyder is a smart man. Let's not make excuses for him about how he was led one way or another. He hasn't really matured as a owner for the Skins. If he has, then we are taking hella tiny baby steps.
Agree to disagree

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #62
SkinDogg
Special Teams

[QUOTE=freddyg12;781823]I would say your statement is correct if applied ONLY to fans that watch on tv. That can't be said for people that are paying to go to games. What can't be denied by DS is that this article points out the chronology of his moves to make $. Nothing wrong w/making $, but from charging to watch practice to suing ticketholders, he's created an image problem for himself that exacerbates the fans anger & disappointment they feel from losing all these years. Snyder IMO is in jeopardy of losing a LOT more ticket holders in the next couple years if things don't change. He may lose a lot even if things change.[/QUOTE]

Seems some are already on top of it.

I love the Baltimore Raven fans. We're reaching out and trying to get more. We're trying to take control of this whole area. We'll take over Washington D.C. while we're at it. And head up into Pennsylvania and grab all those fans, and over to West Virginia and Virginia. Come on and be a Baltimore Raven fan because this is an exciting organization and exciting football team." --John Harbaugh

The Early Lead - John Harbaugh: 'We'll take over Washington D.C.'
Old 02-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #63
saden1
MVP

I didn't realized how much of a little bitch Snyder really is...he can go suck a d*ck and hopefully choke on it.

-Jenkins
Old 02-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #64
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Having worked for a newspaper, I agree. However, there is a very thin line between maintaining a good, professional relationship with your beat's parties while keeping strong journalism integrity. It isn't just black and white as what way to report and what way not to.

I definitely think the Sports Bog did go a bit overboard with the anti-Dan position. The blog had way too much coverage about "Signgate" a few seasons back. Perhaps there is some sort of conspiracy against Snyder, but like another poster was saying he could at least be more respected with substantiate change in action.

And to clarify, SS, I think he has shown change in the way he manages players(i.e. getting a better more qualified FO involved). However, the change I want to see, and was referring to in my earlier post is regarding how he deals in the realm outside player management. How he deals with fans, how he has matured as a owner, etc.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #65
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
A lot of the information is either simply not true or misleading.

http://www.thewarpath.net/760520-post45.html

There are definitely a few misleading and out of context things, but i dont think any of the items could be characterized as "not true". And theres not lot of these misleading things by any means, its a few things with all the major stuff cited.

Plus the "article" is meant to be clever; its called "The Cranky Redskins Fan's Guide to Dan Snyder From A to Z (for Zorn)”. Its not a detailed account of mishaps Synder is involved in, it’s a summary of mishaps he’s involved in written with an obvious anti-Snyder sentiment. The writer isnt basing his opinion of Synder though misleading accounts, but rather piling on or furthering his case through a few speculations or out of context and misleading examples, which is okay in my opinion based on his established underlying tone.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #66
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Winning fixes everything. If the team is winning, the fans are happy, the players are happy, and the owner is happy. I can care less about how he treats fans, because that is not a priority to me. I'd rather he work on the team itself and get that fixed first. Then we can see how horribly wrong Snyder is to the fans.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #67
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I think I a lot of the posters have similar views on this.

No matter what you say about how Snyder is much different, he still doesn't get it. If he did he wouldn't be responding to these kinds of articles.

Thats exactly the way i feel. Hes still completely out of touch
Old 02-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #68
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I didn't realized how much of a little bitch Snyder really is...he can go suck a d*ck and hopefully choke on it.

Thats also exactly the way i feel
Old 02-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #69
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Even if you took the win loss record and poor FO management out of the equation, my whole opinion of Dan Snyder fell in the toilet when he tried sue season ticket holders who fell into hard times due to the recession and defaulted on their season ticket obligations. Why squeeze people that have fallen on hard times?
Plus those season ticket holders give up their rights to the seats and Dan sells the seats to someone else. No harm no foul. It seemed really greedy and money hungry to sue them. That was a really poor business decision and just dumb.
Well in all fairness to Napoleon that story was kind of blown up by the media. The women that was losing her home was going to lose it anyway, regardless of whether or not they Redskins sued her.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #70
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Kind of off the subject but I really wish Ted Leosis owned this team. The guy gets it. He's a true people person, and fan friendly who is very in touch with his customers.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #71
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
There are definitely a few misleading and out of context things, but i dont think any of the items could be characterized as "not true". And theres not lot of these misleading things by any means, its a few things with all the major stuff cited.

Plus the "article" is meant to be clever; its called "The Cranky Redskins Fan's Guide to Dan Snyder From A to Z (for Zorn)”. Its not a detailed account of mishaps Synder is involved in, it’s a summary of mishaps he’s involved in written with an obvious anti-Snyder sentiment. The writer isnt basing his opinion of Synder though misleading accounts, but rather piling on or furthering his case through a few speculations or out of context and misleading examples, which is okay in my opinion based on his established underlying tone.
I'll agree with you, there is also the question of where this article was placed. What I'm referring to is I thought the WP had an "Opinion" section that may come out on Sundays. Clearly this is a biased opinionated article which would be perfect for that section and readers. If the editors had it placed in the everyday "Sports" section would be wrong.

I'm just guessing it was in the "Sports" section and the thought was to stir the pot and get more readers and again I'll say bad judgement on the editors.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #72
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Winning fixes everything. If the team is winning, the fans are happy, the players are happy, and the owner is happy. I can care less about how he treats fans, because that is not a priority to me. I'd rather he work on the team itself and get that fixed first. Then we can see how horribly wrong Snyder is to the fans.
Winning is the priority but any business owner should care about their customers.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #73
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'll agree with you, there is also the question of where this article was placed. What I'm referring to is I thought the WP had an "Opinion" section that may come out on Sundays. Clearly this is a biased opinionated article which would be perfect for that section and readers. If the editors had it placed in the everyday "Sports" section would be wrong.

I'm just guessing it was in the "Sports" section and the thought was to stir the pot and get more readers and again I'll say bad judgement on the editors.
The article was in the City Paper not the WP.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #74
juskins
Special Teams

I am glad someone authored this article, in fact, I was going to do it if it had not been posted.

The article opened my eyes to the real Daniel Snyder, not the Dan the fan Snyder who claims he just wants to win. It all seems to be motivated by pinching every nickel out the fans and not what some claim that "Dan Loves The Redskins" and would do anything to win.

I believe he does want to win but on the other hand, he wants every penny he can get out of this franchise through questionable marketing strategies. No previous owner of this franchise was so obvious as a barker-like flimflam man - do whatever it takes to turn a buck, no matter who it hurts.

At least that's the perception shared by many, including me.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #75
juskins
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
The article was in the City Paper not the WP.

But the article in the WP linked the story.
Closed Thread