Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who is most responsible for the Redskins loss?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #61
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Who is most responsible for the Redskins loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
seeing that he was called down first, if it were another team they wouldnt have found enough evidence to overturn it, but seeing it was the skins, they overturned it and gave it to the saints
They showed a blow up of Sellers going down and it was clear that the ball was out before his forarm was on the ground. The blow up picture showed the ball cooming out and his forearm off the ground. My pick has to go on SS for missing a chip shot FG.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #62
calia
Playmaker

I am going to go against the grain and say Landry. Suisam missed 1 FG -- 3 points. Landy got burned TWICE deep on the same double hitch move for 14 points. If either of those TDs don't get made, we win, even with Suisam's shank.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #63
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

There's no way it's anyone other than Suisham's fault. Sure, Landry could have made those stops, sure, Sellers could have held onto the ball, but Suisham's miss DIRECTLY correlates to the loss. He hits that, we win, game over.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #64
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I agree with the others who said that Suisham can be blamed totally. That is 100% true. The team came from behind and did everything it reasonably could do to ensure a victory.

Suisham blew it once again. I think Kicker is one of our immediate needs in the offseason. Jason Elam is out there right now...so is Matt Bryant....we need a kicker that has the leg strength to go 50 yards....and accuracy too
Old 12-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #65
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I am going to go against the grain and say Landry. Suisam missed 1 FG -- 3 points. Landy got burned TWICE deep on the same double hitch move for 14 points. If either of those TDs don't get made, we win, even with Suisam's shank.
i agree with you about landry, but shushi screwed us yet again if it was the first time that be one thing, but this isn't the first time, peace f-er

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #66
44Deezel
The Starter

Suisham. Yes, Landry got burned, but the Saints burn EVERYONE. Take away the strip for a TD and the Saints were held well below their average of 37 points a game. The D did fine and the O played out of their mind. A lot of games are won the way the Skins had it lined up. 99 out of 100 times, Suisham makes that kick. He along lost the game. Period.

You can point to other plays, but then the Saints can point to plays as well. And you can go back and forth all day re-living plays. What if Smoot didn't drop that interception. What if the Saints didn't drop that INT when the Skins were in the red zone. It all came down to a chippy for our kicker, and he blew it.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #67
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I still think it's funny how everyone wants to blame just one person....."he's a witch, I know he's a witch..." lets burn Suisham.

lets forget:

JC's interception.
Landry's failure to be the stop gap.
Moore's failure to sit on the interception.
Sellers failure to secure the ball.
Suisham of course for failing to hit a 23 yrder.

Don't remember if JC's interception turned into a TD. Suish missing the kick only gave up 3 points. Yes it would have won the game. Yes it would have made it two scores to tie the game or win. However ....Landry gave up 7 points by biting on the double move and not being the last man standing. Moore gave up 7 points by not simply falling down and waiting to be tagged. and lastely Seller's failure to secure the ball eventually led to a FG. There are other's who should be more to blame for giving up more points then Suish.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #68
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I still think it's funny how everyone wants to blame just one person....."he's a witch, I know he's a witch..." lets burn Suisham.

lets forget:

JC's interception.

Don't remember if JC's interception turned into a TD. Suish missing the kick only gave up 3 points. Yes it would have won the game. Yes it would have made it two scores to tie the game or win. However ....Landry gave up 7 points by biting on the double move and not being the last man standing. Moore gave up 7 points by not simply falling down and waiting to be tagged. and lastely Seller's failure to secure the ball eventually led to a FG. There are other's who should be more to blame for giving up more points then Suish.
The INT led to a missed FG and overtime. The missed FG from XP distance is inexcusable. Landry gave up 14 points by falling for the same move twice. Moore made the right move until he failed to cover up the ball when running in traffic. It would be stupid for him to lay down and wait to be touched.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #69
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:

lets forget:

JC's interception.

with all that said shushi was the only one who actually had the oportunity to kick a fg score three points and win the game, while it is a team game sometimes it comes down to that one play and within the past three games he has blown that chance twice

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #70
MTK
\m/

Quote:
People sure love themselves a scapegoat.

Suisham might be burned at the stake this week, but that won't take away from JC taking the ultimate fall for the entire season.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #71
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post

Suisham might be burned at the stake this week, but that won't take away from JC taking the ultimate fall for the entire season.
I think that the coaching staff and front office have taken some heat off of Campbell.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #72
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
I can make a case for Landry.

He was beat twice by a double move. Not only should that not happen to your FS but to do it in a 2 minute drill when your up by a TD is INEXCUSEABLE.

There were many things though that just shouldn't have happened like the Barnes punt turnover, the INT-fumble for TD, the missed short FG. It looked as if it was almost scripted for us to lose...I'm pretty pissed.

Our guys played tough, especially our offense so this loss is hard to swallow. Having this poor season, beating the undefeated Saints would have been memorably inspiring for these guys.

...jeez...I'm too bitter right now to even dwell on this.
Good point. Landry made plays all day, but in a 2 minute deep zone, you can't bite on that fake. I think it's accurate to say that giving up a 53 yard TD in the middle of the field w/under 2 minutes left is almost the equivalent of missing a chip shot fg. It would be one thing if the wr caught it & made him miss, but he let him behind him - inexcusable in that situation.

I hate to say it, but it also looks like poor coaching. All season Landry has played w/out discipline, which is a pretty major flaw for a free safety.

In fairness, the late ST had a terrible 2006 but came back & was playing at an all pro level before his death. Landry has a lot of the same tendencies, going for the big hit, biting on double moves, etc.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #73
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post

Scapegoat Suisham is. Supposedly they are bringing in 3 new kickers to try out today and supposedly whoever is the best of the 3 will knock off Suish. Laymens terms Suish is gone. Everyone gets what they want.

I'm not making excuses for Suish though. I agree he missed two important FG's in two important games. but to point the finger at one person is crazy. We might as well cut Landry also for falling for the double move twice and allowing the other team to put up 14 points. No FS should allow that.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #74
MTK
\m/

There's a chance Suisham wins the kick-off though. He's been in this spot before.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #75
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
The INT led to a missed FG and overtime. The missed FG from XP distance is inexcusable. Landry gave up 14 points by falling for the same move twice. Moore made the right move until he failed to cover up the ball when running in traffic. It would be stupid for him to lay down and wait to be touched.
Yes it's crazy to think Moore should have simply laid down and waited to be touched. All most all players would have gotten up and tried to make a play. Yes he should have protected the ball better, but my point is had he simply dropped been touched we would still have the ball with decent field position and control of the clock. The team could eat up the clock and hopefully have scored or made a FG. Instead Moore runs around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to make the big play and as we know the Saints are not stupid. They knew that they needed to get the ball back. So they strip him of the ball and no one to stop them easy 7 points. Even the Sellers play, the ball should have been better protected. Most teams who get the ball first in over time win. The Saints were in panic mode. Intercept, strip the ball, do whatever is needed to get the ball back. Guess what? they did.