Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #61
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Problems go beyond Greg Blache. Problems lie in talent level.
EDIT: duplicate post
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #62
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Oh and to the Jim Zorn playcalling and being a risk taker. So far to this at this point Jason called two touchdown drives both in hurry up mode. Jim Zorn = 1 and Danny Smith =1. What is wrong with that picture?
You think. But you know. JC is our problem on offense defense & special teams. Once he is gone next year all our problems will be solved.

To be honest on both of those plays the 4TH & 1 and the 3rd & 13 Zorn trusted his defense. I think he needs to stop trusting them and trust his offense. Well he can't trust them either because we can't get one yeard when we need it. This is a ball of hot mess!!!
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
Old 09-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #63
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
There are some areas where talent can improve on D, every team has weaknesses. But talent is not the issue.

- Orakpo, Best defensive player in the 2009 draft.
- Haynesworth, arguably the best DT in football, certainly top 5.
- Griffin, aging but still solid
- Carter, solid rush end, average to slighty sub-par in run D
- backup DTs, average
- Fletcher, Pro Bowl caliber MLB
- Rocky, average
- Landry, very fast, very talented S. Lacks maturity so far.
- Horton, better than average SS
- Rogers, above average CB
- Smoot, good tackler, good in short-mid Zone coverage, liability in man
- Doughty, above average backup SS overall, sub-par in coverage
- Hall, playing below expectations.

So the D has a Pro Bowl or near PRo Bowl caliber player at every level and no glaring weaknesses. This is not a case of trying to make chicken salad with chicken shit.
Thank you. Blache is a BIG part of the problem. The defense with this amount of talent should be a LOT better.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #64
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Problems go beyond Greg Blache. Problems lie in talent level.
Well if you are a good coach you bring the best out of average players and make good players better. We were stopping teams on 3rd down a few years ago with the same players and we supposedly upgraded this year. Come again!!
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 09-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #65
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
HOLD UP!!!! Jim Zorn let the crappy lions drive 99 remember he declined the penalty and they scored. Let's do the math if Zorn kicks the field goal at the 1 and the lions kick the field goal instead of scoring the score could have been 17-15 skins win!!!!
- Jim Zorn didn't call a Cover-2 Man with the safeties 20 yds. deep on the Stafford run.
- Jim Zorn didn't get out of his rush lane to leave a hole for Stafford.
- Jim Zorn didn't jump offsides twice in the drive.
- Jim Zorn doesn't wear # 27 and can't read and make a break on a 20 yd out route.
- Jim Zorn didn't make a completely AWFUL play on the TD pass.
- Jim Zorn isn't calling a vanilla D that let's the OL open holes and then get 5 yds downfield to the second level on the LBs earlier in the drive.

Nothing wrong with the 4th down decision to go for it, but just like last week, HATE the playcall. No problem with accepting the penalty to put the Lions out of FG range, Hanson indoors is pretty automatic from 50 and in. I'm not giving the Lions 3 points.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #66
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
- Jim Zorn didn't call a Cover-2 Man with the safeties 20 yds. deep on the Stafford run.
- Jim Zorn doesn't wear # 27 and can't read and make a break on a 20 yd out route.
- Jim Zorn isn't calling a vanilla D that let's the OL open holes and then get 5 yds downfield to the second level on the LBs earlier in the drive.

Nothing wrong with the 4th down decision to go for it, but just like last week, HATE the playcall. No problem with accepting the penalty to put the Lions out of FG range, Hanson indoors is pretty automatic from 50 and in. I'm not giving the Lions 3 points.
If you are talking about Rogers, when this happened I said to myself..."Isn't this guy playing for a new contract or free agency??" Apprently he's not.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #67
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:

I agree. I think Zorn trusts his defense too much. So he gambles and takes risk thinking they are going to have his back. But they fold everytime like Landry..oops I mean laundry.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 09-27-2009, 11:29 PM   #68
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
You think. But you know. JC is our problem on offense defense & special teams. Once he is gone next year all our problems will be solved.

To be honest on both of those plays the 4TH & 1 and the 3rd & 13 Zorn trusted his defense. I think he needs to stop trusting them and trust his offense. Well he can't trust them either because we can't get one yeard when we need it. This is a ball of hot mess!!!
It was 3rd down and we moved the Lions back to make it 3rd and 23. Stafford ran for the 1st down. That falls on the defense. Stafford is not Mike Vick.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #69
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
To that point the Redskins Head Coach allowed that TD to, happen first by going for it on 4th down and second by not taking the stop on third down and accepting the offensive pass interference call. I know that hind sight is 20/20 but why not play good smart football. That is a head coach with a real risk taker philosophy.

Oh and to the Jim Zorn playcalling and being a risk taker. So far to this at this point Jason called two touchdown drives both in hurry up mode. Jim Zorn = 1 and Danny Smith =1. What is wrong with that picture?

The Defense played bad. The offense continues to play bad. We are in for a lonnnngggg season. Also Peter King said someone inside the organization said Jim Zorn won't be fired. Reasoning: JZ is the Qb coach, the OC, and the HC. Maybe next time the dude shouldnt have so many jobs.
I don't think any coach should ever pass up a 4th and 1 at the 1. Ever. One way or another, you're basically giving away points. Either you don't let them out of the shadow of their own goal, or you get 7. Never, ever take the three if you are within power running distance of the goal line.

The other call, you could argue that too much could go wrong to pass up the fourth down, but I'd generally say that the proper coaching move is to have faith in the defense. Move them out of field goal range, and give the D your backing.

Of course, I'm not sure these guys deserve his backing.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #70
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If you are talking about Rogers, when this happened I said to myself..."Isn't this guy playing for a new contract or free agency??" Apprently he's not.
Absolutely Rogers. What the hell was that? He's in great position and could probably make a pick, but his hands are suspect as usual. Great athlete, positions himself well in coverage, but can't make plays.

If we could morph (the good parts) of him and D. Hall, we'd have a true shutdown corner. As it is we've got one guy who can cover and is physical, but may as well be playing with boxing gloves on. And another guy who's as soft as cotton, but if he's in postion, will normally make a play on the ball (if he doesn't trip over his own feet in the end-zone).
Old 09-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #71
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:

you hate the play call on 4th and 1? We had a goal line package in and we could not blow the Lions off the ball. Just like the Rams. Our O-Line = Marshmellows.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #72
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Absolutely Rogers. What the hell was that? He's in great position and could probably make a pick, but his hands are suspect as usual. Great athlete, positions himself well in coverage, but can't make plays.

If we could morph (the good parts) of him and D. Hall, we'd have a true shutdown corner. As it is we've got one guy who can cover and is physical, but may as well be playing with boxing gloves on. And another guy who's as soft as cotton, but if he's in postion, will normally make a play on the ball (if he doesn't trip over his own feet in the end-zone).
Rogers has always struggled with the biggest, most physical of wide receivers, but Bryant Johnson now qualifies? Really?

Something has to be wrong with him. He's just not winning his jams at the line of scrimmage and even when he's running step for step down the field he's not in good position. He's not right.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #73
skins89moss
Playmaker

Both Rogers and Hall have played poorly thus far. But so has our entire Defensive Unit. Greg Blache should give his pay check back this week. Hell the entire team should donate their checks to charity this week. Blache has been provided with a good defensive players and we still cant' force turnovers or score points.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #74
skins89moss
Playmaker

Greg Blache better start calling for a more attacking style defense because we have become Victims this season on defense. Other teams smell blood and we are bleeding right now. Blache's Head is on a Stick and he better get this fixed fast.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:42 PM   #75
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
you hate the play call on 4th and 1? We had a goal line package in and we could not blow the Lions off the ball. Just like the Rams. Our O-Line = Marshmellows.
It's not the OL's fault. It's the same problem as last week. On the GL last week we ran a Stretch play that got blown up. This week we run G pull with Zone blocking. Problem is this, both plays require a LATERAL step by the OL, not straight ahead. The D is coming, full go, straight ahead, the OL is stepping laterally, the laws of physics apply...OL gets pushed backwards.

As I said last week, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY. Line up in a GL set, overloaded to the right, I backfield. The D either plays straight and you have one-on-one mathcups with your strength on the left side of the OL with Samuels & Dock, and a 280lb, Pro Bowl FB leading the way. Or the D cheats to our left and we have numbers on the right and pound it in that way. Simple call to make at the line by JC. This way the OL is firing straight out and if we can't get a yard, that's on the players, not the coach.

Trust me, the OL wasn't out flipping tires all summer to finese block. They hate that crap. They want to line up and knock the snot out of someone. You gotta be the hammer, not the nail.
Closed Thread