Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Washington vs Card Pre Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-01-2023, 12:52 PM   #61
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: Washington vs Card Pre Game

I finally got nfl package so I’m good to go on watching the games !

Last edited by rocnrik; 09-02-2023 at 01:02 PM.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2023, 01:20 PM   #62
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't think we're a 10-win team, but I think we have a better team than last year's and I think that gives us a chance to at least match our record from last season and potentially improve it.

Also, people should not dismiss the terrible effect that Snyder had on this team at all levels. He was f*cking awful and having him out of the picture should help everyone do their jobs better.
Howell is much better than Wentz and Heinecken combined, they won 8 games with shit QB's, OL and OC. If people can't see that, then I don't know what they aren't seeing. This year, way better QB, improved OL and TE's, RB's, OC, DL and CB's/S spots. The D will be nasty.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 12:00 PM   #63
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I don't think we're a 10-win team, but I think we have a better team than last year's and I think that gives us a chance to at least match our record from last season and potentially improve it.

Also, people should not dismiss the terrible effect that Snyder had on this team at all levels. He was f*cking awful and having him out of the picture should help everyone do their jobs better.

It will certainly put fans in the seats and give us a better home field. I absolutely think this team is better. It just seems like we always have a tough schedule and this year is no exception. Afc and nfc east = brutal. Than we get SF and Seattle in Seattle.

Like KI alluded to, things can change with opponents but for now I can only see what I see and it is a tough schedule.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 07:04 AM   #64
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I am feeling pretty positive. I don't see how we are worse than last year as of right now. Ask me in November.
We always feel optimistic before week 1.

I agree we have reason to be optimistic, but I'm with Punch. Until we show it on the field this team hasn't done anything to get excited about.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:48 AM   #65
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Washington Commanders -

We have made the following coaching promotions:
-- Juan Castillo: run game coordinator
-- Randy Jordan: senior offensive assistant/running backs coach
-- Travelle Wharton: offensive line coach
-- Todd Storm: tight ends coach
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 11:49 AM   #66
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Washington Commanders -

We have made the following coaching promotions:
-- Juan Castillo: run game coordinator
-- Randy Jordan: senior offensive assistant/running backs coach
-- Travelle Wharton: offensive line coach
-- Todd Storm: tight ends coach
Finally some movement on the coaching hires, owners must be happy with this ( though what else can they do on the eve of week 1), wonder if this means we'll see some movement on contracts
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 03:38 PM   #67
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Howell is much better than Wentz and Heinecken combined, they won 8 games with shit QB's, OL and OC. If people can't see that, then I don't know what they aren't seeing. This year, way better QB, improved OL and TE's, RB's, OC, DL and CB's/S spots. The D will be nasty.
Polly-anna much?

Improved OL????? No one is saying that (Most would argue the OL has deteriorated compared to the OL prior to week 1 last year). TEs??? Again no one is saying that either. RBs????? Did we get someone new (That will play a significant role) I'm unaware of? You can argue DL and secondary have been pumped up, but QB is still an unknown (whether it is better, same or worse). Ultimately it will fall on how well the QB is in determining if we've improved (And he has to overcome the OL weakness).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 05:45 PM   #68
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It's all on paper right now, but I think there is definitely an argument to be made that the current starting O-line is better than what we had to begin last year. The jury is still out on whether Charles/Paul will be an improvement over Norwell, but I don't think there's any question N Gates at Center is an improvement over C Roullier coming off two terrible leg injuries, and Cosmi > T Turner at RG, and Wylie > Cosmi/Lucas at RT. Maybe they won't be a top 10 unit, but I feel a lot better with that lineup than I did with the initial lineup in 2022.

Are Norwell & Turner even playing this year?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 09:58 PM   #69
rocnrik
Playmaker

Something to not overlook … This team has a much better attitude going into a season in a long long time …as disgusting as Snyder was to us the players probably didn’t think much of him either .. I believe this team will play with way more intensity and focus … how many wins I can’t say but I would not be surprised to be in every game and make a serious playoff run … we shall see
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:04 PM   #70
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Polly-anna much?

Improved OL????? No one is saying that (Most would argue the OL has deteriorated compared to the OL prior to week 1 last year). TEs??? Again no one is saying that either. RBs????? Did we get someone new (That will play a significant role) I'm unaware of? You can argue DL and secondary have been pumped up, but QB is still an unknown (whether it is better, same or worse). Ultimately it will fall on how well the QB is in determining if we've improved (And he has to overcome the OL weakness).
Norwell and Trai Turner were worthless last year, Roullier and everyone who played center was hurt. I can't even remember who was at RT. Last year's line was trash.

Leno, a healthy Saddiq Charles, Gates, Cosmi as a full-time guard, and Wylie at RT are definitely an improvement over last year's line. Are they the strongest unit in the team, NO. But saying that the line has not improved is outlandish. I feel like a lot of people are bitching about the line because we didn't get an o-lineman in the second round.

And yes, the running game should be much improved, since Brian Robinson has had a year under his belt, and I don't know, not being f*cking shot should help him a lot.

I give you that QB is an unknown, but last year Heinecke and Wentz were f*cking trash.

I know we have a tough schedule last year, but hey, you never know what will happen. Last year's team had no business beating the Iggles, but it happened.

This team has holes in some areas and they are very strong in others, like any other team in the NFL. But I'm tired of people just whining about the team being worst and the o-line and all this ignorant stuff without some context.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:05 PM   #71
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It's all on paper right now, but I think there is definitely an argument to be made that the current starting O-line is better than what we had to begin last year. The jury is still out on whether Charles/Paul will be an improvement over Norwell, but I don't think there's any question N Gates at Center is an improvement over C Roullier coming off two terrible leg injuries, and Cosmi > T Turner at RG, and Wylie > Cosmi/Lucas at RT. Maybe they won't be a top 10 unit, but I feel a lot better with that lineup than I did with the initial lineup in 2022.

Are Norwell & Turner even playing this year?
Turner was signed somewhere, and immediately got injured and is out for the season.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:05 PM   #72
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Polly-anna much?

I’ll remind you when you want to jump in the bandwagon and you will.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:14 PM   #73
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Norwell and Trai Turner were worthless last year, Roullier and everyone who played center was hurt. I can't even remember who was at RT. Last year's line was trash.

Leno, a healthy Saddiq Charles, Gates, Cosmi as a full-time guard, and Wylie at RT are definitely an improvement over last year's line. Are they the strongest unit in the team, NO. But saying that the line has not improved is outlandish. I feel like a lot of people are bitching about the line because we didn't get an o-lineman in the second round.

And yes, the running game should be much improved, since Brian Robinson has had a year under his belt, and I don't know, not being f*cking shot should help him a lot.

I give you that QB is an unknown, but last year Heinecke and Wentz were f*cking trash.

I know we have a tough schedule last year, but hey, you never know what will happen. Last year's team had no business beating the Iggles, but it happened.

This team has holes in some areas and they are very strong in others, like any other team in the NFL. But I'm tired of people just whining about the team being worst and the o-line and all this ignorant stuff without some context.

Whining without context, hype without context. It is all the same. The only context that matters is results.

Win more games than we lose for once and ill be happy.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:48 PM   #74
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

The bottom line for me is, there's no way the current team is worse than last year's team at this juncture. There's not one position group that is worse. It's also possible that the team is much better, but will not have a better record due to the more difficult schedule.

Either way, I agree with you Punch. It's results that matter - and we'll start getting those in less than 5 days.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 11:58 PM   #75
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
The bottom line for me is, there's no way the current team is worse than last year's team at this juncture. There's not one position group that is worse. It's also possible that the team is much better, but will not have a better record due to the more difficult schedule.

Either way, I agree with you Punch. It's results that matter - and we'll start getting those in less than 5 days.

Completely possible that this team is better but the schedule stops our record from being better. Pretty much exactly where Im at. It is ok though, we can still see better Quarterback play, better play calling, and a more functional offense, also an overall more competitive team. All without Snyder. It is exactly what keeps bringing me back to one more year. Let the new ownership group have a real offseason. If we surprise people this year, well that would be awesome. We damn well better make a strong statement against what is widely regarded as the worst team in football in five days! Winning has been known to breed winning. I am elated about the Snyderless future of this team. It cannot be overstated how important it is that the clown is gone.