AROUND THE NFL WEEK SB THREAD

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-08-2023, 02:13 PM   #61
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK SB THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If you're NY what do you do? Let Jones walk and basically start over with a rookie or go with a journeyman who at best will keep you around .500?

I'd rather take my chances with Jones and hope he continues to develop and ascend.

We let Cousins go and we've been floundering ever since.
Definitely not an easy choice. He's still relatively young, so maybe he can get better. But he seems like he will be an average QB. Which is still good. Lots of teams need an average QB. Average = too much money though. Good for them personally, tricky for their respective teams.

I think you could make arguments either way. I'd draft a QB and sign a cheap vet if I was them.

Either way, I bet the Giants are kicking themselves now for not exercising the 5th year option.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-08-2023, 10:44 PM   #62
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
If you're NY what do you do? Let Jones walk and basically start over with a rookie or go with a journeyman who at best will keep you around .500?

I'd rather take my chances with Jones and hope he continues to develop and ascend.

I don't think he let him go as much as he definitely didn't want to be year. He said the right things, but seemed pretty obvious his intentions were elsewhere. He also did get overpaid, but he's definitely better than what we've had since alex smith got hurt.
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 10:48 PM   #63
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
I don't think he let him go as much as he definitely didn't want to be year. He said the right things, but seemed pretty obvious his intentions were elsewhere. He also did get overpaid, but he's definitely better than what we've had since alex smith got hurt.
This is why I don't fucking like him and I will root against his team every single season. The moment he leaves the Vikings, the Vikings will go right back towards the top of the NFC teams I wouldn't mind winning a Super Bowl.

He was an actor reading the lines. Good for him personally, because he's got paid a shit ton of money. But he'll always be a little bitch in my book. Good work Giants!

He should send money to Bruce every year, because Bruce was such a dbag he laid perfect cover for Kurt to snake away like a rat, while looking like a little Saint. Fuck Kurt.
Old 02-10-2023, 10:16 AM   #64
GridIron26
Playmaker

Things just keep getting worse for Wilson. Turns out that Wilson's charity foundation apparently pays its employees a lot more than they donate money to the charity.

Wilson actually saved us by refusing to play for us.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 10:25 AM   #65
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Things just keep getting worse for Wilson. Turns out that Wilson's charity foundation apparently pays its employees a lot more than they donate money to the charity.

Wilson actually saved us by refusing to play for us.
It's so sad how many "charities" out there are similar to this. Rackets disguised as charities.

I was reading that last night, pretty fucking shady. I'm curious to know how many friends/families are "employees" of this "charity".

What a dick. Yeah, he dodged a MAJOR bullet for us.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:01 AM   #66
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
It's so sad how many "charities" out there are similar to this. Rackets disguised as charities.

I was reading that last night, pretty fucking shady. I'm curious to know how many friends/families are "employees" of this "charity".

What a dick. Yeah, he dodged a MAJOR bullet for us.
i never donate to big charities; look at the salaries of their upper management its ridiculous

i rather hand money to a homeless person at the very least it goes 100% into their pocket
Old 02-10-2023, 04:37 PM   #67
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Wow!! Even the local paper acknowledges them as the Forty Whiners!!

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article...s-17776883.php

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 07:11 PM   #68
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1623842716680421376

This might be the only thing I enjoy about not having Redskins for a name anymore - it means the offensive name crowd has moved on to their next target.
Old 02-11-2023, 10:04 AM   #69
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Minnesota isn't doing any better really. All that money paid to him with nothing to show for it. You don't just pay people because their is cap space. I would not pay Ron Dayne, I would not pay Chase Young unless they could string 2 years of production together. If I were the Giants, I would guarantee him two years and that's it. I would not cripple my cap over Jones.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 12:01 AM   #70
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I forgotten what a fucking stud Earl Campbell was and also a
Class act, he left it all on the field. Love that guy, too bad he never won a SB. Same goes for Barry Sanders.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 05:34 AM   #71
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

This is the conundrum the Giants have, add in Barkley and Williams plus others and you have to add other pieces' like a #1 receiver and a few OL men to spend money on. IMO you sign Jones to a team friendly contract of 30/32 mill no more then 4 years 75-80 guaranteed, that still puts Jones around #16 on the QB earnings list of QB's. You release Golladay June 1st giving you 13.5 more in cap (7mill dead cap) right there is your Barkley money leaving you around 32 million to do all the others which I will tell you is almost 24 million more then they had last year for cap space. Cap is projected to go up in 2024 almost 23 million per team.(I think)
Old 02-13-2023, 09:56 AM   #72
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I saw the NFL inductees for the 2023 HOF class. Feel like it was a bit watered down. IDK if I would consider Barber, Zach Thomas, DeMarcus Ware as some of the best to ever play. They were certainly good for their time but I don't even think they were the best at the time they played.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...%20in%20Canton.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:49 PM   #73
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network wrote a story about how former Denver Broncos head coach Vic Fangio signed a two week contract to help the Philadelphia Eagles prepare for the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVII.

That didn't go well.

Chiefs only had two games all year where they scored at least 38 points.
Eagles gave up an average of 20 points per game all year until last night.
Eagles averaged over four sacks per game - with only one game where they didn't have a sack. They had zero sacks against a hobbled PM last night.

Way to go Vic. Thanks for the help.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 08:06 PM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Ian Rapoport of NFL Network wrote a story about how former Denver Broncos head coach Vic Fangio signed a two week contract to help the Philadelphia Eagles prepare for the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVII.

That didn't go well.

Chiefs only had two games all year where they scored at least 38 points.
Eagles gave up an average of 20 points per game all year until last night.
Eagles averaged over four sacks per game - with only one game where they didn't have a sack. They had zero sacks against a hobbled PM last night.

Way to go Vic. Thanks for the help.

In the Super Bowl stats go out the window and the best players generally win.

Mahomes is the best player in football right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2023, 08:31 PM   #75
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
In the Super Bowl stats go out the window and the best players generally win.

Mahomes is the best player in football right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do stats go out the window? I'm not sure I agree with that.

I agree that Mahomes is arguably the best player in football, but my point was that it doesn't appear that Vic helped them all that much. Their D got embarrassed, in the 2nd half especially.

They are somewhat making fun of the whole thing here in Denver, with Fangio being the Broncos HC from 2019-2021, saying that the Eagles defense looked eerily similar to the Bronco's defense in his unsuccessful three year stint here. I didn't watch enough of the Eagles' games to know if they changed much of their defense for the Super Bowl. Maybe KC just exploited them because they can - and it would have happened with or without Vic's "help".

Either way I'm good with the result. KC now joins the Commanders as the only two teams to beat the Eagles this year - with Jalen Hurts as the QB.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote