\m/

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

It affects virtually nobody you know

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #722
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Here is an interesting page, you all probably have looked at it, but it is the "excess death" chart from the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:15 AM   #723
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Well, it looks like the FDA is getting ready to announce some new rules that is going to make it tremendously tougher to get a vaccine approved, even under emergency use authorization.

TLDR version is that vaccine companies won't even be able to apply for authorization until sometime next summer - fall. We could potentially see the first round of people being vaccinated next fall, with probably most of the USA vaccinated by the middle of 2022.. So many countries are already vaccinating people, i just think it is going to be tremendously embarrassing for America that we will be one of the last, if not THE last country in the world to deploy a vaccine.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:02 AM   #724
Giantone
Gamebreaker

LOL, this bozo was warned and did it again anyway !

https://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0...ng-orders.html

UPDATE: Hughesville Man Sentenced 1 Year in Jail for Having 60 People Over for Bonfire, Violating Social Distancing Orders

LA PLATA, Md. - Tony Covington, State’s Attorney for Charles County, announced that on Friday, September 25, 2020, Shawn Marshall Myers, after a bench trial before District Court Judge W. Louis Hennessy, was convicted of two counts of Failure to Comply with an Emergency Order. Immediately after the trial, Judge Hennessy sentenced Myers, 42 of Hughesville, to 1 year of active incarceration to be served at the Charles County Detention Center. Upon release, Myers will be on unsupervised probation for a period of three years.

On March 22, 2020, multiple officers responded to Myers’ residence located in the 15200 block of Lukes Lane in Hughesville for the report of a large party violating Governor Larry Hogan’s State of Emergency and Large Gathering Orders. Large gatherings were strictly prohibited under the orders. Myers had approximately fifty people in attendance at his residence. Upon arrival, officers told Myers that his party violated the current mandate. Myers was argumentative with officers but eventually agreed to disband his party.

Less than a week later, on March 27, 2020, officers responded back to Myers’ residence for another report of a party exceeding fifty people. Officers told Myers to disband the party, but again he was argumentative claiming he and his guests had the right to congregate. Beyond being argumentative, Myers directed his guests to stay in defiance of Governor Hogan’s Orders and the officers’ lawful orders to disband the party. Officers tried to reason with Myers and obtain his cooperation to no avail. Myers was then apprehended.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #725
SunnySide
Playmaker

The U.S. recorded over 71,000 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, marking the highest single-day increase since July. Data tracked by Johns Hopkins University also reported more than 850 deaths tied to the novel coronavirus.

California, Florida, Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana were among states that saw the highest increase in cases, contributing to the nation’s total of 8.4 million illnesses. As of Friday, the U.S. has reported 223,059 COVID-19-related deaths since the outbreak began.

The surge comes as a number of states across the Midwest grapple with how to handle the influx of cases and patients, while some businesses and residents continue to defy closure orders and public health measures. In North Dakota, for instance, where the state saw a new case high reported on Tuesday, officials have asked residents to conduct their own contact tracing if they test positive for the coronavirus.

The uptick in illnesses have left contact tracers in the state overwhelmed and strapped for resources, officials said. The state has also reported a backlog in case investigations.

In Wisconsin, health care professionals urged residents to practice social distancing and wear face masks as the hospital system risks becoming overwhelmed. The state opened a field hospital last week, and recently admitted its first patient, according to local reports.

“We are thankful to have this facility available to Wisconsinites and our hospitals, but also saddened that this is where Wisconsin is at today,” Gov. Tony Evers said, in a statement. “Folks, please stay home. Help us protect our communities from this highly-contagious virus and void further strain on our hospitals.”

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-re...onavirus-cases
Old 10-23-2020, 11:43 PM   #726
MTK
\m/

8 months into this and we’re still hitting all time highs, just pathetic and gross mismanagement
Old 10-24-2020, 08:36 AM   #727
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

School kids seem unlikely to fuel Covid surges, scientists say

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/22/h...-children.html

What all the data has been saying in Europe and all over the world. This doesn’t affect 2-19 ages...the flu is worse. Not returning to school has gone against the science period, the teachers unions are laughable incompetent

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:40 AM   #728
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/24/europ...ntl/index.html

Europe suffers record case numbers as France's Macron warns crisis may last until summer

It’s not just this country folks

He Gets Us
Old 10-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #729
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

............who said it was?
Old 10-24-2020, 08:50 AM   #730
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

What all the data has been saying in Europe and all over the world. This doesn’t affect 2-19 ages...the flu is worse. Not returning to school has gone against the science period, the teachers unions are laughable incompetent
chico , you're borderline ignorant on the subject.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...oms%20at%20all.

Children of all ages can become ill with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). But most kids who are infected typically don't become as sick as adults and some might not show any symptoms at all. Know the symptoms of COVID-19 in babies and children, why children might be affected differently by COVID-19 and what you can do to prevent the spread of the virus.

chico , I'll take the Mayo clinic over your ignorance any day.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:22 PM   #731
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/24/europ...ntl/index.html

Europe suffers record case numbers as France's Macron warns crisis may last until summer

France 34.5k deaths
US 224k deaths

I always thought and still do think America is the best country in the world ... it’s hard to believe we led the world in deaths by a large margin. How is that possible with all our resources and intellectual know how?
Old 10-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #732
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
France 34.5k deaths
US 224k deaths

I always thought and still do think America is the best country in the world ... it’s hard to believe we led the world in deaths by a large margin. How is that possible with all our resources and intellectual know how?
Let’s be more honest

Europe becomes second region to cross 250,000 deaths as second COVID wave hits

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2790FO

This country by far and away is the best in the world...

He Gets Us
Old 10-24-2020, 04:34 PM   #733
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I was really hoping we would be going back especially at a hybrid level. I do recognize the difficulties especially with student compliance, PPE provisions etc but it could have been done. Now with hospitals starting to be overwhelmed, lack of beds etc. I think we missed our shot.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #734
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Let’s be more honest

Europe becomes second region to cross 250,000 deaths as second COVID wave hits

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2790FO

This country by far and away is the best in the world...
Technically third behind North America. There are some differences though. Europe much more densely populated an older population than the US and twice as many people. I do agree that we need to understand US isn't alone but we should be doing better especially if we consider ourselves the exemplary country.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:44 PM   #735
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Let’s be more honest