When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-29-2018, 08:47 AM   #721
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I find it odd that the few here that are anti media are quiet about the Shooting at the Capital gazette newspaper in Annapolis .I am sure they will deny that the anti media lies that have been spawned by trump and his supporters had nothing to do with this at all . Winning..........................?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maryland-...092824111.html

Milo Yiannopoulos incited violence before Capital Gazette attack - Business Insider

https://thinkprogress.org/sean-hanni...-cd54cbb2b9a7/
The shooting wasn't politically motivated.

Its fairly poor how the left was high fiving and insinuating somehow Trump or a trump supporter was responsible.

Its funny how now the media has pulled back on that assumption and have "edited" out any inkling.

I guess this wasn't the narrative they were hoping for...this guy had a long standing grudge against the paper which had run a story, there had been a lawsuit....

But carry on trying to make this about Trump and his supporters.

its pathetic at this point...

here you go:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/29/polit...tle/index.html

In July 2011, Ramos was charged with criminal harassment in the District Court of Maryland and pleaded guilty. He was placed on 18 months of supervised probation and was ordered to continue therapy, court documents show.

Less than a week after Ramos' conviction, an article titled "Jarrod wants to be your friend" ran in the Sunday edition of the Capital Gazette. The story, which was written by staff writer Eric Thomas Hartley, detailed the case where Ramos repeatedly contacted a former high school classmate via Facebook, according to court documents.

Court records show that a year later, in July 2012, Ramos filed a complaint against Hartley and the newspaper, alleging he was defamed by the story.

Months later, Ramos filed another complaint and added a charge of invasion of privacy. The case was eventually dismissed.

The 2011 article about Ramos said he attended Arundel High School, studied computer engineering and was an employee of the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

A Twitter account with Ramos' name and the handle @EricHartleyFrnd is believed to be Ramos', a law enforcement source said. The account has tweeted several times about the paper and Hartley.

"Eric Thomas Harley knows from experience, but doesn't appreciate how bad it can get. Journalist Hell awaits," a tweet from the account in December 2015 read.

But please, carry on....

Last edited by Chico23231; 06-29-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-29-2018, 09:45 AM   #722
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The shooting wasn't politically motivated.

Its fairly poor how the left was high fiving and insinuating somehow Trump or a trump supporter was responsible.

Its funny how now the media has pulled back on that assumption and have "edited" out any inkling.

Trump has made this type of behavior acceptable, his constant attacks on the free press has brought this type of hatred out in people .I see you try to spin but then you turn around and blame the media again. In a few years when you guys are older...........maybe you will see the damage trump has done and pray to God someone can stop it or fix it.

Milo Yiannopoulos comments on vigilantes 'gunning journalists down' - Business Insider

I see none of you addressed this............

Two days before Thursday's shooting at the Capital Gazette newsroom, Milo Yiannopoulos had told an Observer journalist "I can't wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight."
Five people were killed and several more injured on Thursday at the Maryland newspaper.
Yiannopoulos has since defended his message as a joke while further criticizing the media.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #723
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Here is the Huffpost incorrectly insinuating the attack were politically motivated...actually stating "they don't know yet" and then making the assumption:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b007aa2f7e853f

Clearly fake news

G1, this wasn't a politically motivated attack. Refer to the CNN report which gives clear motive for the mass killing.

This guy didn't kill people based on whatever Milo said (why does the left continue to relevance to this guy?)

I understand your upset that this doesn't fit the narrative you want...you want to be celebrating this event as one where you can fit your politics into the story and point the finger at the right and Trump.

Lets remember the victims today
Old 06-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #724
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Here is the Huffpost incorrectly insinuating the attack were politically motivated...actually stating "they don't know yet" and then making the assumption:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b007aa2f7e853f

Clearly fake news

G1, this wasn't a politically motivated attack. Refer to the CNN report which gives clear motive for the mass killing.

This guy didn't kill people based on whatever Milo said (why does the left continue to relevance to this guy?)

I understand your upset that this doesn't fit the narrative you want...you want to be celebrating this event as one where you can fit your politics into the story and point the finger at the right and Trump.

Lets remember the victims today
Chico , please find the post I said it was "politically motivated"?I'll wait, your spin is showing.I said it has been trumps behavior and rhetoric that has made this type of attack acceptable ,he has campaigned on it. Read my link about "Milo" you might educate yourself and understand how hate speech works.By the way the victims were in my thoughts yesterday and today.You're no different then trump you get caught with your "narrative" down and you blame others instead of admitting you're wrong or you made a mistake.

#triggered/spin
Old 06-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #725
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Five people died b/c a crazy man killed them. Not even 24 hours have passed and these peoples' deaths have become a political football. Rather than rush to judgment on his motivations, how about we recognize the tragedy, grieve for the lost, and ponder how to best move forward? Just a thought.

The shooter was a man with a personal vendetta against the paper that he been carrying for years after they published a story of his criminal harassment of woman. He had sued the paper for defamation as a result and been fighting them in the courts for years while blasting them on social media. Last week, Maryland's highest court denied his final appeal of the matter and effectively ended his ability to pursue his claims against them through the judicial process.

Now five people are dead. It's crazy. It's tragic. It's not politics.

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 06-29-2018 at 12:45 PM.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #726
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico , please find the post I said it was "politically motivated"?I'll wait, your spin is showing.I said it has been trumps behavior and rhetoric that has made this type of attack acceptable ,he has campaigned on it. Read my link about "Milo" you might educate yourself and understand how hate speech works.By the way the victims were in my thoughts yesterday and today.You're no different then trump you get caught with your "narrative" down and you blame others instead of admitting you're wrong or you made a mistake.

#triggered/spin
G1, we are gonna get through this together. Its good to know you're not jumping to conclusions like many leftists & media organizations did yesterday and you fully understand Trump had nothing to do with shooting from yesterday. zero zilch nada.

And I agree with you above, I never take a L
Old 06-29-2018, 11:46 AM   #727
JoeRedskin

By the way, incredible props to the Capitol Gazette today. They printed a morning edition today.

This is not the Washington Post or New York Times folks. This is a small local paper that said "We have a job to do. We will do it." I cannot begin to express the admiration and respect I have for them.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #728
MTK
\m/

I’m glad his motive wasn’t political. Next time it might be though. This may be a good time for P-Grabber to reflect on the potential damage that can be done by his constant rhetoric and vitriol towards the media.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:44 PM   #729
JoeRedskin

Annapolis Police Chief Tommy Altomare on the Capital Gazette shooter:

"I will not say his name today. I refuse to do it. I wish you [the media] wouldn’t do it, but I know better. He doesn’t deserve us to talk about him one more second."
Old 06-29-2018, 01:03 PM   #730
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I’m glad his motive wasn’t political. Next time it might be though. This may be a good time for P-Grabber to reflect on the potential damage that can be done by his constant rhetoric and vitriol towards the media.
I think the media bias is fair game...especially when they run front page stories that criticize everything from handshakes, attire, etc and avert from actual substantial items as equitable jobs across all field and classes, rising wealth among minorities classes especially Hispanics, and the rapid destruction of ISIS and their operations across the world.

Media bias is certainly fair game when the object is to discredit the administration at every turn, while splintering the country for revenue purposes.

Violence towards the media is unacceptable. If you "want to have a conversation" about how Trump has criticized the media, its a 2 way street. I would certainly advise the administration to meet more often and try to soften the combative tone...but media combative tone should soften as well. To say the mainstream media is innocent is certainly laughable at this point.

I think the bigger issue is just how combative social media has become in all this...Twitter yesterday from 4:00-8...was disgusting. You cant blame Russia for this. We need to do better...

Last edited by Chico23231; 06-29-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:20 PM   #731
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Annapolis Police Chief Tommy Altomare on the Capital Gazette shooter:

"I will not say his name today. I refuse to do it. I wish you [the media] wouldn’t do it, but I know better. He doesn’t deserve us to talk about him one more second."
I saw this , props to him!
Old 06-29-2018, 03:49 PM   #732
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
I think the media bias is fair game...especially when they run front page stories that criticize everything from handshakes, attire, etc and avert from actual substantial items as equitable jobs across all field and classes, rising wealth among minorities classes especially Hispanics, and the rapid destruction of ISIS and their operations across the world.

Media bias is certainly fair game when the object is to discredit the administration at every turn, while splintering the country for revenue purposes.

Violence towards the media is unacceptable. If you "want to have a conversation" about how Drumpf has criticized the media, its a 2 way street. I would certainly advise the administration to meet more often and try to soften the combative tone...but media combative tone should soften as well. To say the mainstream media is innocent is certainly laughable at this point.

I think the bigger issue is just how combative social media has become in all this...Twitter yesterday from 4:00-8...was disgusting. You can blame Russia for this. We need to do better...
In EVERYTHING. I'm at the point of just deleting all of my social media accounts and just never viewing the comments section. Shocking how many people, for real or not, wish/threaten violence on another group for basically not agreeing with them.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:00 PM   #733
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
In EVERYTHING. I'm at the point of just deleting all of my social media accounts and just never viewing the comments section. Shocking how many people, for real or not, wish/threaten violence on another group for basically not agreeing with them.
I just look and laugh...or cringe in horror. Its fairly terrible and its both side.

Have you noticed too the trend of when someone famous dies then people celebrate? statements of Im glad he's dead, or that's person in hell etc. I saw one the other day in when Charles Krathamer died...person was like, "I remember that one article he wrote in Time in 1989 which was racist (of course...that's the go-to) and now he is in hell." I look and the guy picture on twitter must have been 85...I was like jeez dude...little karma could be coming your way soon.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:03 PM   #734
Giantone
Gamebreaker

It only took five people dying for trump to say this...............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e474d29...urnalists.html

U.S.
Trump Now Says Journalists Should Be ‘Free From Fear’ After Previously Calling Them ‘Enemies of the People’

After years of repeatedly calling journalists “the enemy of the people,” President Trump on Friday struck a markedly different tone towards the media, saying in the aftermath of a deadly shooting at the Capital Gazette’s newsroom that journalists should be “free from the fear” of violence while doing their jobs. “I’d like to address the horrific shooting that took place yesterday at Capital Gazette newsroom in Annapolis, Maryland. This attack shocked the conscience of our nation and filled our hearts with grief,” Trump said while addressing an audience in the White House.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:32 PM   #735
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
McConnell has said “one of my proudest moments” was looking Obama in the eye and telling him he would block his Supreme Court nominee.

Straight up highway robbery by the turtle, disgusting
Speaking of disgusting...............

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-just...-4ba95e7ce0be/