All things Middle East related

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-19-2021, 04:11 PM   #721
nonniey
The Starter

Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Do you think FOX would come down on trump like everyone has done Biden?? (rightfully so)
Chris Wallace would but the rest probably not.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2021, 04:13 PM   #722
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Ill keep repeating myself Trump would have walked away and possibly had a ceremony in the rose garden to celebrate amid the ensuing chaos. Fox would have been playing hail to the chief as they floated a possible nobel peace prize. At least Biden is not ignoring the situation. Trump would have flown 1000 Americans out and said it was all fake news and a witch hunt.
See the insurrection. See the kurds. See rocket man. See hate crimes that were at a boiling point because of his mouth. I agree it was a fuck up none the less. Trump would have done the same as you have said many times and would not have tried to make it right.
Biden should be expressing major remorse about his decision at this point besides what he is doing behind the scenes to try and make it right though. Im thoroughly disappointed in the way he is still talking about the mess.
Re: Trump you are peaching to the choir. I have no doubt Trump would have been even worse given his history. But right now there are 10-15k (maybe more) Americans trapped in Taliban controlled territory, some of them, maybe even many of them, aren't going to make it out. Biden turned a stable situation into a catastrophe.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:05 PM   #723
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Re: Trump you are peaching to the choir. I have no doubt Trump would have been even worse given his history. But right now there are 10-15k (maybe more) Americans trapped in Taliban controlled territory, some of them, maybe even many of them, aren't going to make it out. Biden turned a stable situation into a catastrophe.

Agreed. And I know i was preaching to the choir. There are many afghan allies, all their families, and other foreign allies also trapped. The longer the cameras and media stay there the better. If the Taliban knows the World is watching they will behave to an extent.
I do find myself wondering how it would have been possible to get all those mentioned out whether we had 2500 troops there or not. Stable situation before? Yes. Everyone singing kumbaya not exactly. So I hesitate to say that there was some yellow brick road before for everyone- especially the Afghanistans that helped us and their families. You are talking mass exodus. Biden could have done an expert job and there would be problems. But he certainly could have cut the losses. Im praying for everyone- EVERYONE- in danger to get out and I hope to God Biden does everything in his power to clean up the mess that he was largely in charge of.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 05:07 PM   #724
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Chris Wallace would but the rest probably not.

True
Old 08-19-2021, 08:57 PM   #725
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Agreed. And I know i was preaching to the choir. There are many afghan allies, all their families, and other foreign allies also trapped. The longer the cameras and media stay there the better. If the Taliban knows the World is watching they will behave to an extent.
I do find myself wondering how it would have been possible to get all those mentioned out whether we had 2500 troops there or not. Stable situation before? Yes. Everyone singing kumbaya not exactly. So I hesitate to say that there was some yellow brick road before for everyone- especially the Afghanistans that helped us and their families. You are talking mass exodus. Biden could have done an expert job and there would be problems. But he certainly could have cut the losses. Im praying for everyone- EVERYONE- in danger to get out and I hope to God Biden does everything in his power to clean up the mess that he was largely in charge of.
Well the point was we wouldn't have had to get them out if we stuck with what we were doing. Again 8-10 casualties a year and an occasional non military American casualty before last year then none for over a year. Now potentially thousands of American casualties (Oh and odds are some have already been killed). This idiocy is mind boggling. Seems we replaced one of the worst Presidents in US history with one of the worst Presidents in US history.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:50 PM   #726
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

All things Middle East related

Quote:
Well the point was we wouldn't have had to get them out if we stuck with what we were doing. Again 8-10 casualties a year and an occasional non military American casualty before last year then none for over a year. Now potentially thousands of American casualties (Oh and odds are some have already been killed). This idiocy is mind boggling. Seems we replaced one of the worst Presidents in US history with one of the worst Presidents in US history.

So why is everyone in favor of leaving? Forget the hack job exit for a moment, clearly the last few presidents, and most Americans wanted out.
Not in disagreement with you, seriously asking.

Last edited by punch it in; 08-19-2021 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:16 PM   #727
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

This new third party of Trumpers posing as Republicans crack me the fuck up.
Insurrection- no biggie.

Dude with a bomb talking about blowing up two blocks for the revolution- nothing to see here.

Countless domestic terrorists- not worried.

Afghanistans trying to flee the country who are in fear for their lives - security threat!

These fuckin Trumpers are sick motherfuckers.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:03 PM   #728
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
So why is everyone in favor of leaving? Forget the hack job exit for a moment, clearly the last few presidents, and most Americans wanted out.
Not in disagreement with you, seriously asking.
Bad policy can be popular. Popularity of a position doesn't = it being the right or correct position. A good President (when he is able) will make the right decision not the popular decision or decision that he thinks will score him the most political points.
Examples
- Prohibition
- Opposition to Lend Lease 1940-41 (President made right decision - went against popular choice).
- Detention of Japanese Americans
- The War on Poverty - (The Economic Opportunity Act 1964).
- 1980s Opposition to Nuclear Missile fielding in Europe (President made right decision - went against popular choice).
- Regime change in Iraq
- Full Iraq withdrawal 2011
- And now Afghan withdrawal.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:19 PM   #729
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
this new third party of trumpers posing as republicans crack me the fuck up.
Insurrection- no biggie.

Dude with a bomb talking about blowing up two blocks for the revolution- nothing to see here.

Countless domestic terrorists- not worried.

Afghanistans (who passed background checks after literally risking their lives helping americans in afghanistan) trying to flee the country who are in fear for their lives - security threat!

These fuckin trumpers are sick motherfuckers.
ftfy.
Old 08-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #730
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
ftfy.

ty…
Old 08-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #731
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Bad policy can be popular. Popularity of a position doesn't = it being the right or correct position. A good President (when he is able) will make the right decision not the popular decision or decision that he thinks will score him the most political points.
Examples
- Prohibition
- Opposition to Lend Lease 1940-41 (President made right decision - went against popular choice).
- Detention of Japanese Americans
- The War on Poverty - (The Economic Opportunity Act 1964).
- 1980s Opposition to Nuclear Missile fielding in Europe (President made right decision - went against popular choice).
- Regime change in Iraq
- Full Iraq withdrawal 2011
- And now Afghan withdrawal.

I hear you but this was overwhelmingly popular with not only politicians but citizens…but I hear you
Old 08-20-2021, 05:50 PM   #732
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
ty…
Real talk, does anybody think any of those Afghanis who made it onto the C17's weren't ran through a serious background check before they were let on the plane?
Old 08-20-2021, 06:07 PM   #733
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Real talk, does anybody think any of those Afghanis who made it onto the C17's weren't ran through a serious background check before they were let on the plane?
We already know many (almost certainly most) weren't, through interviews with the refugees and flight crews. Not a major issue as they weren't brought to the United States. They will get their checks in Qatar.
Old 08-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #734
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
We already know many (almost certainly most) weren't, through interviews with the refugees and flight crews. Not a major issue as they weren't brought to the United States. They will get their checks in Qatar.
Makes sense, don't want red tape holding them up in a life or death situation.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:42 AM   #735
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Realer talk, does anybody think the most dangerous enemies to our democracy aren’t already here posing as patriots? Every intelligence agency in the world says domestic terrorists are the greatest threat to us, and the GOP will not even acknowledge they exist.