Parking Lot

Old 03-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #721
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Re: Let's talk good beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
redskinmike - great tip my friend.

i sent an email to gary but it got returned so i went on there site and emailed to info@blackwell and finally got a return email.

the have pliny for $7 per bottle (limited to 2 per order) and blind pig for 7(1 per order). they also have some really outstanding beers.

18 bucks to ship 6 bottles, 25 to ship 12.

im placing an order soon.

i will place an order probably once a month and this makes for great presents as well. you give someone some Pliny for their bday! best present ever.
Their limits change from time to time and sometimes they don't have limits. It all depends on their stock. I have always had good experiences with them so happy drinking.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #722
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
Their limits change from time to time and sometimes they don't have limits. It all depends on their stock. I have always had good experiences with them so happy drinking.
yes i talked with them a few hours ago.

the website said 2 pliny per order and 1 blind pig per order but the lady i talked with sd that she will check with gary and see if i cant get 4 pliny and 2 blind pig per order if i order 12 instead of 6. order is in. hoping gary approves it.

this is like my own beer FA period. .. . glad i started drinking craft beer and stopped hard liquor. i havent been arrested in years!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #723
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
yes i talked with them a few hours ago.

the website said 2 pliny per order and 1 blind pig per order but the lady i talked with sd that she will check with gary and see if i cant get 4 pliny and 2 blind pig per order if i order 12 instead of 6. order is in. hoping gary approves it.

this is like my own beer FA period. .. . glad i started drinking craft beer and stopped hard liquor. i havent been arrested in years!
Get your Pliney yet? I am expecting a case of Three Floyds Yum Yum tomorrow. Online is a great option if you are willing to pay a little extra to get something out of reach. I look at it as if I saw it in a bar I would definitely order it at bar prices so this is still a deal.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #724
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Get your Pliney yet? I am expecting a case of Three Floyds Yum Yum tomorrow. Online is a great option if you are willing to pay a little extra to get something out of reach. I look at it as if I saw it in a bar I would definitely order it at bar prices so this is still a deal.
lol I also justify spending a little extra for good beer by comparing it to the price/quality of stadium beer.

$10 for 22 oz of pliny (inclds shipping) vs $9 for 20 oz of coors light.

by using this comparison in decision making, i seem to always splurge.

No i didnt get my order yet. I got a little greedy. You are only allowed 2 pliny per order but i talked up the girl who answered the phone and she sd she would see if i could get 4 pliny if i got 12 bottles total ..... gary denied me.

so i had to re-order and it should be here wednesday.

*** i did get another case of monument city 51 rye yesterday for $47. i had to special order it bc when it hits the shelves in baltimore, it only lasts a day or two then you have to wait a few weeks for a new shipment. this 51 rye is outstanding. i think only a few stores carry it, still brewed in very small batches it seems.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #725
RedskinMike
Special Teams

51 Rye is good. A few stores around here carry it but it is hard to find.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #726
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
51 Rye is good. A few stores around here carry it but it is hard to find.
thats good news. glad to see the brothers are distributing outside the city lines. they sd distribution was going to be very limited. they do pint nights in the city, buy a pint of 51 keep the glass. i need to catch up to one of those.

what would you rate the 51 rye? for me its 4.5. i wonder if i am over-hyping the beer. the citra is really jumping out to me and is starting to dominate. its weird. a beer tastes a certain way but then when you drink enough of it, you start noticing all these subtle flavors that eventually your brain is now predisposed looking for and the beer now tastes different then when you first started drinking it. the citra, centennials cascades were always front and center (which I like and look for) but now it is overpowering to my taste buds.

even with 51% rye malt, that earthy nutty tone is being overpowered.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:07 PM   #727
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
thats good news. glad to see the brothers are distributing outside the city lines. they sd distribution was going to be very limited. they do pint nights in the city, buy a pint of 51 keep the glass. i need to catch up to one of those.

what would you rate the 51 rye? for me its 4.5. i wonder if i am over-hyping the beer. the citra is really jumping out to me and is starting to dominate. its weird. a beer tastes a certain way but then when you drink enough of it, you start noticing all these subtle flavors that eventually your brain is now predisposed looking for and the beer now tastes different then when you first started drinking it. the citra, centennials cascades were always front and center (which I like and look for) but now it is overpowering to my taste buds.

even with 51% rye malt, that earthy nutty tone is being overpowered.
Its a solid 4 for me. I am a big hop head so the hops don't blow me away but it is a well balanced rye ipa. Alot of times with rye its one way or the other either the hops overpower the rye or the rye takes over.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:22 PM   #728
over the mountain
Playmaker

just got 3 bottles of Pliny, 1 damnation and 2 mikkellers delivered to my office.

dob on pliny is 2/24/15! i assumed it would be 3 mos old.

thanks mike. you hooked it up with the blackwell referral. unfortunately i have to give 2 plinys to 2 of my brothers. i think im just going to order once a month, at 65 bucks total for 6 impossible-to-get beers, it is worth it.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:49 PM   #729
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Drinking a 3 Floyds Zombie Dust. It is good but with the hype around it I am a little let down.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #730
over the mountain
Playmaker

hype can alter a lot of things - good movie, beer, restaurant.

taste is like the 3rd or 4th sense we use to actually judge something (or something like that).

my first bottle of pliny I rated as a 4.5/5. i was a little let down as well. my brain unreasonably over-hyped it so when it didnt cure cancer and male pattern baldness on the first sip, i was a little let down.

now that I had a few more bottles, it is 6/5. a 10/5. there is this magical malty piney after effect that just lingers on my lips and taste buds for a few seconds after a sip. the after-sip of a pliny is amazing.

i need to find a better connect. i need to buy in volume without quantity restrictions.

mike - are you on untappd? if so, send me a friend request if you want - im "craigismyfirstname" or perhaps my full name just appears. im not sure.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #731
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Lagunitas Sucks! San't get enough of this shit. One of my favorites and glad its back in 6 packs. Quarts are fun but the novelty wears off.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:37 PM   #732
over the mountain
Playmaker

yes, i just got my first 6er of Sucks.
makes the value buy a lot better imo.
32 oz for 7.99 = approx 24.96 per oz
72 oz for 12.99 = approx 18.04 per oz
equivalent of spending approx $5.77 per 32 oz now.
im obsessed w value buying anything and everything now.
----------------------------------

saucony stonefly IPA = really liking this beer for the summer time. its very drinkable. it makes you want to drink another and another. a portion of proceeds goes to preserving a stream up in PA where it is brewed. the owner is an ex-pro skateboarder and his head brew guy was from russian river.

its rated in the 80s but i think that is bc it is not a really complex beer with competing pine notes w floral and fruit notes and malt backbone and all the other cliches people use. its just a really good drinking beer. i think it was 8.99 or 9.99 a 6er as well.

it has all of my fav hops - the ones that start w C like centennial, citra, columbus, cascade ... i may have made cascade up.
------------------------------------------------------

magruders on conn ave has deschutes fresh squeezed ipa. really good beer. rated in the mid 90s i think. you cant find it in md, hopefullly that changes soon.

beware their founders was dated back to sept of 2014.

Last edited by over the mountain; 05-12-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #733
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Lagunitas Sucks! San't get enough of this shit. One of my favorites and glad its back in 6 packs. Quarts are fun but the novelty wears off.
Love that one.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:10 PM   #734
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
LOL, what's the joke, does it taste different than normal Lagunitas?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #735
RedskinMike
Special Teams

No you didn't make it up. Cascade is the backbone of the american craft beer movement.
Quote:
yes, i just got my first 6er of Sucks.
makes the value buy a lot better imo.
32 oz for 7.99 = approx 24.96 per oz
72 oz for 12.99 = approx 18.04 per oz
equivalent of spending approx $5.77 per 32 oz now.
im obsessed w value buying anything and everything now.
----------------------------------

saucony stonefly IPA = really liking this beer for the summer time. its very drinkable. it makes you want to drink another and another. a portion of proceeds goes to preserving a stream up in PA where it is brewed. the owner is an ex-pro skateboarder and his head brew guy was from russian river.

its rated in the 80s but i think that is bc it is not a really complex beer with competing pine notes w floral and fruit notes and malt backbone and all the other cliches people use. its just a really good drinking beer. i think it was 8.99 or 9.99 a 6er as well.

it has all of my fav hops - the ones that start w C like centennial, citra, columbus, cascade ... i may have made cascade up.
------------------------------------------------------

magruders on conn ave has deschutes fresh squeezed ipa. really good beer. rated in the mid 90s i think. you cant find it in md, hopefullly that changes soon.

beware their founders was dated back to sept of 2014.