Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

All things Middle East related

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #706
nonniey
The Starter

Re: All things Middle East related

Even Biden's own party is turning on him. (His Afghan catastrophe may wreck his Presidency much like Katrina wrecked Bush's).

"Biden finds few Capitol Hill allies amid Afghanistan backlash."

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...istan-backlash
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2021, 06:10 PM   #707
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Even Biden's own party is turning on him. (His Afghan catastrophe may wreck his Presidency much like Katrina wrecked Bush's).

Withdraw from a twenty year war is probably a little more difficult than sending aid to New Orleans. Bush had absolutely no excuse. Biden may or may not have had bad intelligence. We wont know how this will affect his presidency until the dust settles. Definitely not looking like it is going in the plus column at this point though.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:11 PM   #708
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Complete and utter disaster that Joe Biden created

Enough of the excuse making. Enough.

There are around what 10k Americans and 50-100k Afghanistan allies completely trapped

Enough with the excuses. This is Biden’a disaster and only his

Clowns defend him at this point

Let’s focus on the Americans right now. I think Biden should coalition build and account for all nations with people there and move to bring all options on.

You are so far off base you are in a different stadium.
Old 08-18-2021, 08:16 PM   #709
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Complete and utter disaster that Joe Biden created

Enough of the excuse making. Enough.

There are around what 10k Americans and 50-100k Afghanistan allies completely trapped

Enough with the excuses. This is Biden’a disaster and only his

Clowns defend him at this point

Let’s focus on the Americans right now. I think Biden should coalition build and account for all nations with people there and move to bring all options on.
LOL, this coming from trumps biggest cheerleader .
comrade chico is now worried about America .Funny shit there chico.
Old 08-18-2021, 08:18 PM   #710
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Seriously that's not saying much ,their opinion changes with the wind .
Old 08-18-2021, 08:55 PM   #711
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Withdraw from a twenty year war is probably a little more difficult than sending aid to New Orleans. Bush had absolutely no excuse. Biden may or may not have had bad intelligence. We wont know how this will affect his presidency until the dust settles. Definitely not looking like it is going in the plus column at this point though.
Well according to all accounts he had good intelligence, good advice and good recommendations, he just chose not to heed them (Sounds a bit like how his predecessor operated). As for how this ultimately effects his presidency you are correct we'll have to wait till the dust settles. That said it will effect his legacy, most likely he has now locked himself into the historical bottom half of Presidents with this action.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:15 PM   #712
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
You are so far off base you are in a different stadium.
Nope, the foreign leaders across the world agree actually

They support Chico’s criticism

This is like when Bush claimed their was weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Complete and utter bullshit. There is no other excuse, Bush and his administration was full of garbage.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:19 AM   #713
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

They support Chico’s criticism
LOL, drunk uncle at it again!
Old 08-19-2021, 08:52 AM   #714
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Well according to all accounts he had good intelligence, good advice and good recommendations, he just chose not to heed them (Sounds a bit like how his predecessor operated). As for how this ultimately effects his presidency you are correct we'll have to wait till the dust settles. That said it will effect his legacy, most likely he has now locked himself into the historical bottom half of Presidents with this action.

Difference with your original comment about Katrina is in that case the tragedy had happened and Bush inexplicably chose to ignore it for a week, in Bidens case it is retrospective. It obviously was mismanaged but I find it hard to believe that with a couple minor tweaks it could have been smooth and he just said fuck it. Maybe he listened to the wrong people or wrong advice, but to say he knew this was going to happen and did it anyway seems off to me. The last three presidents were all talking about a withdraw, all wanted it, nobody did it. Maybe because this was the inevitable result? Idk. I just know that mistake or not (obviously looking like one now) there is no ulterior motive here or malicious intent, and he is trying to make it right.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #715
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Difference with your original comment about Katrina is in that case the tragedy had happened and Bush inexplicably chose to ignore it for a week, in Bidens case it is retrospective. It obviously was mismanaged but I find it hard to believe that with a couple minor tweaks it could have been smooth and he just said fuck it. Maybe he listened to the wrong people or wrong advice, but to say he knew this was going to happen and did it anyway seems off to me. The last three presidents were all talking about a withdraw, all wanted it, nobody did it. Maybe because this was the inevitable result? Idk. I just know that mistake or not (obviously looking like one now) there is no ulterior motive here or malicious intent, and he is trying to make it right.
To be fair another difference is that Bush didn't make the decision for Katrina to hit the Gulf Coast, Biden actually caused this catastrophe and now has to respond to it.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:11 PM   #716
SunnySide
Playmaker

Biden didnt cause this .. the Taliban did.

I envision Foxnews and neo-cons to blame President Biden for every single thing the Taliban does going forward.

If we withdrew on May 1 or now .. the result would be the same. The Taliban sucks.

We are watching the neo con news spin team doing overtime here.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:29 PM   #717
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Biden didnt cause this .. the Taliban did.

I envision Foxnews and neo-cons to blame President Biden for every single thing the Taliban does going forward.

If we withdrew on May 1 or now .. the result would be the same. The Taliban sucks.

We are watching the neo con news spin team doing overtime here.
Oh and all the other news sites too (Even CNN). It's not like it is only right leaning media and politicians blaming him for this it is just about all media and politicians left and right. Yeah it was Biden's fault, it would have been Trump's fault if he had been in power as he planned to execute the same idiotic policy.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #718
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Oh and all the other news sites too (Even CNN). It's not like it is only right leaning media and politicians blaming him for this it is just about all media and politicians left and right. Yeah it was Biden's fault, it would have been Trump's fault if he had been in power as he planned to execute the same idiotic policy.
Do you think FOX would come down on trump like everyone has done Biden?? (rightfully so)
Old 08-19-2021, 04:01 PM   #719
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Do you think FOX would come down on trump like everyone has done Biden?? (rightfully so)

No fuckin way.
Old 08-19-2021, 04:07 PM   #720
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Ill keep repeating myself Trump would have walked away and possibly had a ceremony in the rose garden to celebrate amid the ensuing chaos. Fox would have been playing hail to the chief as they floated a possible nobel peace prize. At least Biden is not ignoring the situation. Trump would have flown 1000 Americans out and said it was all fake news and a witch hunt.
See the insurrection. See the kurds. See rocket man. See hate crimes that were at a boiling point because of his mouth. I agree it was a fuck up none the less. Trump would have done the same as you have said many times and would not have tried to make it right.
Biden should be expressing major remorse about his decision at this point besides what he is doing behind the scenes to try and make it right though. Im thoroughly disappointed in the way he is still talking about the mess.