Old 08-16-2021, 11:07 AM   #706
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Trump wanted a withdrawl.

Biden wanted a withdrawl.

Americans overwhelmingly wanted a withdrawl.

We withdrew.

People trying to criticize Biden seem to have an agenda. Whats new.
I agree.........

https://www.cfr.org/timeline/us-war-afghanistan

The U.S. War in Afghanistan
1999 – 2021
The Taliban insurgency remains resilient nearly two decades after U.S.-led forces toppled its regime in what led to the United States’ longest war.

Advertisements
Old 08-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #707
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

In hindsight, we probably should have withdrawn after 9/11/2021, especially how it's going right now. This is shared blame between Trump and Biden. Never understood setting dates or redlines when dealing with terrorists.

The execution of this has been poor. The people in charge of the military and/or of our government were clearly wrong about the capabilities and probably more importantly, the willingness, of the Afghan army to fight. The Afghani people should be absolutely embarrassed of their army.

We should have removed every one from the embassy and wherever else we had people, prior to withdrawing the troops. Same with destroying all paperwork and whatever else couldn't be left behind. And we also should have transported some of the most dangerous prisoners to other prisons.

All this being said, I still approve of the withdrawal. Mistakes were made. But this was never going to be a smooth process.

It really is shocking how fast the country folded to the taliban. That country is just a broken mess. Always has been and probably always will be. If they don't want the taliban they will have to fight them. They will never be eliminated until their people kill them all and throw them out.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:13 PM   #708
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
There was no failure of intelligence, he was told that the Afghan Army wouldn't hold up, he just chose to ignore that and drive on (Trump was told this too and he didn't care either). Bottom-line Biden is just as bad as Trump on some policies, including this one.

Wrong as hell. Again. Nobody including the Intelligence community knew or thought that the Taliban would move so fast. Intelligence was thinking it would be months until the Taliban took over all the territory they have taken over.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:17 PM   #709
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Wrong as hell. Again. Nobody including the Intelligence community knew or thought that the Taliban would move so fast. Intelligence was thinking it would be months until the Taliban took over all the territory they have taken over.
I already posted what the military told him. BTW after that anti-mask issue you raised don't you think you have enough egg on your face for one day?
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:19 PM   #710
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Oh you mean this. I see what the problem is now - you have a reading comprehension problem. You really should have gone back and reviewed what I posted before throwing me this softball.

- Florida got their response right.
- New York got their response wrong.
- Masks work to limit the spread by limiting the spread of the virus from those that are infected.
- Masks generally won't protect you from catching the virus.

Most of what you originally wrote is absolute conjecture. But this part is pure anti genius. How in the hell do u catch the virus if not from someone who has the virus??? Your own “facts” literally contradict themselves. But like myself and others have said, you play both sides of the fence so that you can tell all others they are wrong. Than you actually double down and quote yourself so we can all see it. “Masks limit the spread from those infected, but will not protect you from getting it from those infected. “Holy fuckin facepalm. Just stop. The only one with egg on their face is you. The only one with a comprehension problem is you. Im telling you man open your own thread and argue with yourself.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:21 PM   #711
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Most of what you originally wrote is absolute conjecture. But this part is pure anti genius. How in the hell do u catch the virus if not from someone who has the virus??? Your own “facts” literally contradict themselves. But like myself and others have said, you play both sides of the fence so that you can tell all others they are wrong. Than you actually double down and quote yourself so we can all see it. Masks limit the spread from those infected, but will not protect you from getting it from those infected. Holy fuckin facepalm. Just stop.
Reading comprehension is your friend. Can someone explain this to him as he likely won't hear it from me.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:23 PM   #712
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Reading comprehension is your friend.

Please explain how masks help prevent the spread from those infected and do not protect others from the spread of those. infected. Please. Because that is exactly what you said and than quoted yourself saying to refresh our memories.

Or dont. It doesn’t matter. You are only on this board to tell everyone they are wrong weather you agree or not. Lol.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:25 PM   #713
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Please explain how masks help prevent the spread from those infected and do not protect others from the spread of those. infected. Please. Because that is exactly what you said and than quoted yourself saying to refresh our memories.

- Masks work to limit the spread by limiting the spread of the virus from those that are infected.

Can someone explain this to him as I don't think he will hear any explanation from me.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:31 PM   #714
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Trump wanted a withdrawl.

Biden wanted a withdrawl.

Americans overwhelmingly wanted a withdrawl.

We withdrew.

People trying to criticize Biden seem to have an agenda. Whats new.
I haven't followed the Afghan situation, but count me in the group that wanted a withdrawal.

If a country/citizenry is fighting an oppressive regime and needs aid, we should do that. BUT it has to be the citizens of their own country first. We are not an empire regardless of how some international media portray us.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:33 PM   #715
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Can someone explain this to him as I don't think he will hear any explanation from me.

You need to brush up on the current science of masks Mr know it all…. You are wrong. Im saying that for the last time. Me, the scientists, and the doctors.

If me (in a mask), and you (not in a mask) are in a room with an infected individual, and that individual sneezes at us both , guess which one of us is at a much higher risk of contracting the virus thru the sneeze/droplets? It isn’t rocket science bro.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:47 PM   #716
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We're going to need a separate masks thread here:

Masks: Do They Work or Not? Ask Your HVAC Guy, Grocery Clerk, or Gas Station Attendant
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:29 PM   #717
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Just heard the Taliban has alot of support in the rural areas, but not so much in the urban areas. Where have I heard that before? Lol.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:35 PM   #718
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We're going to need a separate masks thread here:

Masks: Do They Work or Not? Ask Your HVAC Guy, Grocery Clerk, or Gas Station Attendant
No need it was just a weak attempt to pin an anti-masker label on me and shift the subject because someone didn't like me pointing out that Biden was told what would happen in Afghanistan.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #719
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
No need it was just a weak attempt to pin an anti-masker label on me and shift the subject because someone didn't like me pointing out that Biden was told what would happen in Afghanistan.

LOL OK. Im sure in your world that’s exactly how it went down. Nonniey is right again! Wish you weren’t so quiet all these years. We all could have learned so much from you.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:01 PM   #720
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I haven't followed the Afghan situation, but count me in the group that wanted a withdrawal.

If a country/citizenry is fighting an oppressive regime and needs aid, we should do that. BUT it has to be the citizens of their own country first. We are not an empire regardless of how some international media portray us.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Best solution I read was the US should have focused on working on drawing new territories 20 years ago. So if Afghanistan was like 5 separate tribes, they would work on new borders so each area gets their own autonomy. Like the US would be divided to east coast, southern, mid america, north, west coast.

urban modern people would be in the Kabul area. then different tribes would run their region to whatever degree of taliban they do.

Afghanistan seems like they have some drastically different people .. island of condensed urban modern people surrounded by rural pro taliban.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote