I don't want him as the next head coach...but Herm Edwards is a bad mofo

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #692
celts32
Playmaker

Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I disagree on the point of nonsense. If you want to be rich, famous, and single then awesome. Have as many mistresses as you can manage and practice safe sex. However when you get married and have two kids then this type of conduct becomes unacceptable. Once you have kids you loose the right to be selfish and self serving. At that point you have no choice but to be a role model and Tiger, admittedly, failed in this respect.

Personally I wish more athletes would take the Derrick Jeter route. Stay single and keep your personal life out of the public. If more athletes and celebrities did that, then the world would be a better place. Either way Tiger will eventually be forgiven by the public but it's probably going to be a year or two before this blows over.

Anyway I think it's kind of good when things like this happen. It shows that society won't stand for this type of conduct, at least initially. Unfortunately some people are willing to give famous people a pass no matter what. Would you still believe that there are people who support Chris Brown and explain his actions as the fact that "he's only human"? I've seen other people call Big Pun's wife a good for nothing b***h that got what she deserved after viewing a video of Pun beating his wife when her brother moved his gun to a place that their kids couldn't reach. I'm not saying that Tiger's actions are comparable those of Big Pun and Chris Brown but they're certainly not worthy of a free pass.

Maybe I'm a bit of a hypocrite considering I didn't give much thought to when Charles Barkley got caught cheating, but theres just something about what Tiger did that rubs me the wrong way.

All right sorry for getting the thread off track.

Either way it looks like the Redskins best chance for a big name coach is Shannahan. Everyone else will probably avoid this team like the plague.
I agree with you...but at the end of the day all we have here is a bad husband who happens to be a great golfer. There are millions of cheating husbands so lets move on.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #693
dmek25
MVP

ditto on Edwards. he was a lousy football player, and an even worse coach
Old 12-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #694
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well there's Amy Trask-CEO of the Raiders

Gabrielle Dow-VP Marketing Ravens

Katie Blackburn-EVP Cincinnati Bengals

Kimberly Williams-COO NFL Network

and many more, but mostly they're on the business side of things
very interesting. I wonder - are there any particular "rules" which would prohibit a woman from holding a coaching position? I imagine there could not be legally, but I find it interesting that no woman's really ever tried to get such a position. I'm sure some could agrue that having female coaches could be "distracting" to male players, but I dont see how someone could argue that it would be more "distracting" than a gay coach would be to players or how a straight coach to some gay players (has there ever been an openly gay NFL player?)

I suppose sports is just one of those areas where its socially acceptable to discriminate based on gender and everyone agrees its the best way to handle things.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #695
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
ditto on Edwards. he was a lousy football player, and an even worse coach
But he's a bad ass
Old 12-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #696
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
But he's a bad ass
yes, and very quotable when stating the obvious.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #697
MTK
\m/

Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #698
mlmdub130
Playmaker

well brian kelly is officially out even though half the people here don't know who he is, he is a guy i really wouldn't have minded making the move from college to nfl,. i think he will be able to turn notre damn around

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #699
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
well brian kelly is officially out even though half the people here don't know who he is, he is a guy i really wouldn't have minded making the move from college to nfl,. i think he will be able to turn notre damn around
Yeah since the last time that happened it worked out so well.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #700
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Zorn needs to go.

I want him out. Without bashing him all night... its better for the team.

Id like to have one of the many top notch Head Coaches available this year and there hasnt been such a good list in awhile.

Lets get back to playing raw smashmouth ball.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #701
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Yeah since the last time that happened it worked out so well.
How do you know this guy wouldn't work out or Harbaugh. Why do people base their experience on the Spurrier project, that guy didn't have the demeanor to command respect yet even coach a professional team. Harbaugh is a different breed of coach and one day soon will prove it by being hired by a smart NFL team.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #702
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
How do you know this guy wouldn't work out or Harbaugh. Why do people base their experience on the Spurrier project, that guy didn't have the demeanor to command respect yet even coach a professional team. Harbaugh is a different breed of coach and one day soon will prove it by being hired by a smart NFL team.
Well not just Spurrier, but in general college coaches don't do well in the NFL. Why would we want to try to beat the odds with the problems at the HC position we've had (except for Gibbs 2.0)

USATODAY.com - For college coaches, going pro is full of cons

College coaches rarely succeed in NFL - USATODAY.com

NFL not the ultimate goal for coaches anymore - NFL - ESPN
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #703
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well not just Spurrier, but in general college coaches don't do well in the NFL. Why would we want to try to beat the odds with the problems at the HC position we've had (except for Gibbs 2.0)

USATODAY.com - For college coaches, going pro is full of cons

College coaches rarely succeed in NFL - USATODAY.com

NFL not the ultimate goal for coaches anymore - NFL - ESPN
Those are some old articles. Trust me, if there's one guy who I believe is the real deal in college and will be successful when comes to the NFL, it's "Captain Comeback".

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #704
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Those are some old articles. Trust me, if there's one guy who I believe is the real deal in college and will be successful when comes to the NFL, it's "Captain Comeback".
I would agree, Harbaugh hasn't been coaching college long enough anyways to be completely indoctrinated in it's philosophy. So I don't think the "college-coach" analogy applies to him. He's only been out of the league for 10 years so he still knows what it takes to win in the NFL. And most importantly he'll be great for our young QB.
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:10 AM   #705
skins89moss
Playmaker

I dont think we will make a big splash for our next HC. It will depend on if VC is still the VP of football here next season, determine if a big name coach will become our HC. I think we may have our next HC already here on our staff. I could see Zorn getting fired and Greg Blache being named the new HC. Sherman Lewis would be the OC and Jackson would move the the DC job. Sometime a small change can lead to a better results. A big name doesnt not mean positive results. We would have to start over with new systems on the offense and defense which could stunt the growth our young 3 amigos are starting to show.