Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-16-2021, 06:39 AM   #691
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
There was no failure of intelligence, he was told that the Afghan Army wouldn't hold up, he just chose to ignore that and drive on (Trump was told this too and he didn't care either). Bottom-line Biden is just as bad as Trump on some policies, including this one.
Somehow I feel like you're trying to continue an argument when we both agree on this. Trump's plan was piss poor and Biden deserves blame for following through on it.

Advertisements
Old 08-16-2021, 07:22 AM   #692
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
There is simply no excuse. Biden is a national embarrassment…there needs to be a commission and Congressional hearings to explore how this failure happened.

His plan and strategy. There are no talking points for Democrats. Blood of Afghans is on Biden’s hands. The woman of Afghanistan…just traumatic for this to face these Islamic terrorist savage animals…they aren’t human, they are pieces of shit who should be described only in the most offensive ways…will suffer only because of then Biden administration.

Chico on the therapist’s couch…

“I just can’t get over Benghazi, that is the last thing I remember , than i came to and Afghanistan. I just do not recall anything in between, the Kurds? The insurrection? - it is almost like i blacked out or became numb to Things that need congressional hearings - even opposed to them?”

Everyone on this board is on board that Trumps plan, or Biden pulling the trigger on it was wrong. You are literally the only one who cannot admit fault when it comes to their guy.
If Trump had been re-elected he would have carried through with his plan and no the Taliban would not have honored their “deal” to be good little boys. You would have been saying 80 billion dollars and 20 years and the Afghanistan people fold in a half hour??? Investigate what those soldiers were doing over there for 20 years! But here you are ignoring the fact that this was his plan, and pointing your finger at Biden screaming lock him up. Literally still parroting Trumps statements. Your blind love for one man has finally caught up to you on this board and everyone sees it.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:12 AM   #693
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Chico - just curious do you still support Trump? Because this was Trump's plan and strategy as well. The Republicans need to go back to being Conservatives as the populist Trumper's isolationism is as bad and possibly worse than the left's can't do defeatism.
Insane …here you go:

The @WSJ editors accurately, succinctly damn @POTUS @JoeBiden. When Taliban violated the Doha agreement —premised on a negotiated power sharing— the U.S. was free to keep Bagram, it’s 2500 troops and NATO’s 5000, to use air power. He could have saved thousands. He chose not to.

To say trump or trump plan is simply laughable.

He fucking chose NOT to enforce the negotiated agreement. Also the Pelosi receipts from disagreeing with trump plan and then endorsing Biden plan the withdrawal from Afghanistan are widely available online.

Also, it’s not criticizing coming from the political pundits…but have you seen the worldwide condemnation from around the world?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:27 AM   #694
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Insane …here you go:

The @WSJ editors accurately, succinctly damn @POTUS @JoeBiden. When Taliban violated the Doha agreement —premised on a negotiated power sharing— the U.S. was free to keep Bagram, it’s 2500 troops and NATO’s 5000, to use air power. He could have saved thousands. He chose not to.

To say trump or trump plan is simply laughable.

He fucking chose NOT to enforce the negotiated agreement. Also the Pelosi receipts from disagreeing with trump plan and then endorsing Biden plan the withdrawal from Afghanistan are widely available online.

Also, it’s not criticizing coming from the political pundits…but have you seen the worldwide condemnation from around the world?

You lost me at negotiated agreement with the Taliban. Is that like the handshake agreement with N Korea?
So Trumps plan and Bidens plans were totally different and Pelosi is insane because she sided with one and not the other and they were both the same.
The only difference is trump would have done this in Early May and you would have been singing his praises. Nobody, not Trump or Biden or anyone thought the trained Afghans we left were going to fold in 30 minutes.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:58 AM   #695
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

You lost me at negotiated agreement with the Taliban. Is that like the handshake agreement with N Korea?
So Trumps plan and Bidens plans were totally different and Pelosi is insane because she sided with one and not the other and they were both the same.
The only difference is trump would have done this in Early May and you would have been singing his praises. Nobody, not Trump or Biden or anyone thought the trained Afghans we left were going to fold in 30 minutes.
Gen Milley and Biden contradict this premise with statements made by made by them in July, both exactly state the Afghanistan military was absolutely ready and Biden said Taliban would not overtake the Afghanistan administration.

So start there.

Also Kamala Harris has to own this as well as Polictico has an article from April stating she was also the leading voice in the planning of the withdrawal.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:13 AM   #696
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

"....... Nobody, not Trump or Biden or anyone thought the trained Afghans we left were going to fold in 30 minutes.
Stop saying this as just about everybody knew this, certainly the military and the Intelligence community. Issue was the politicians didn't want to listen to what they were being told (which unfortunately seems to be the rule vice the exception).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #697
nonniey
The Starter

[QUOTE=punch it in;1287495]Chico on the therapist’s couch…
"........Everyone on this board is on board that Trumps plan, or Biden pulling the trigger on it was wrong. You are literally the only one who cannot admit fault when it comes to their guy......."

Not quite true - Giantone has taken the same position with his guy, Biden.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:24 AM   #698
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Gen Milley and Biden contradict this premise with statements made by made by them in July, both exactly state the Afghanistan military was absolutely ready and Biden said Taliban would not overtake the Afghanistan administration.

So start there.

Also Kamala Harris has to own this as well as Polictico has an article from April stating she was also the leading voice in the planning of the withdrawal.

Chico if Trump did this: FUCK AFGHANISTAN BRING OUR TROOPS HOME. AMERICA FIRST!

Chico now : FUCK BIDEN! SAVE THE AFGHANISTAN PEOPLE!
Old 08-16-2021, 10:25 AM   #699
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Stop saying this as just about everybody knew this, certainly the military and the Intelligence community. Issue was the politicians didn't want to listen to what they were being told.

Mooby is right. You just pick the opposite side of whatever anyone says. Getting tiresome to even have a discussion with you.

You do the same thing in the coronavirus thread. Every one of your posts starts with either “you’re wrong” or “here are the facts”. Sorry but ever since you said “masks don’t help” you lost all credibility as the omniscient one on this board.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #700
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Mooby is right. You just pick the opposite side of whatever anyone says. Getting tiresome to even have a discussion with you.

You do the same thing in the coronavirus thread. Every one of your posts starts with either “you’re wrong” or “here are the facts”. Sorry but ever since you said “masks don’t help” you lost all credibility as the omniscient one on this board.
The issue is I'm a conservative Republican - which puts me on an opposing side of Trumper's and you woke crowd. I've been consistent in my postings. Can't help it if my arrows are too damn accurate for your comfort levels.

(Oh and BTW I didn't say masks don't help I said they don't offer much protection from one from catching if they don't have it, but they do limit one who has it from spreading it).
Old 08-16-2021, 10:34 AM   #701
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
The issue is I'm a conservative Republican - which puts me on an opposing side of Trumper's and you woke crowd. I've been consistent in my postings. Can't help it if my arrows are too damn accurate for your comfort levels.

Lol. Ok buddy. At least now I understand why u think u know everything. You have put yourself in a neat little box in the middle and generalized everyone else. Woke = mask wearers. Must be a nice place to live. Please let me know if there are any openings in “del boca know it all”
Old 08-16-2021, 10:45 AM   #702
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Lol. Ok buddy. At least now I understand why u think u know everything. You have put yourself in a neat little box in the middle and generalized everyone else. Woke = mask wearers. Must be a nice place to live. Please let me know if there are any openings in “del boca know it all”
BTW - a follow up that supports my point about politicians ignoring what they were told (not unique to Biden by any means).

"....But over the objections of military leaders who warned that the Afghan government would collapse without U.S. security assistance, Biden decided in April to end military involvement by September...."

Oh and stop with the anti masker crap I've already pointed out I'm not an anti-masker - just realistic on what they can do (Although I guess in your mind that would make me an anti-masker). Oh damn this was a way of changing the subject because it wasn't going to well for you re intelligence and I fell for it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...us/8142482002/
Old 08-16-2021, 10:53 AM   #703
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
BTW - a follow up that supports my point about politicians ignoring what they were told (not unique to Biden by any means).

"....But over the objections of military leaders who warned that the Afghan government would collapse without U.S. security assistance, Biden decided in April to end military involvement by September...."

Oh and stop with the anti masker crap I've already pointed out I'm not an anti-masker - just realistic on what they can do (Although I guess in your mind that would make me an anti-masker).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...us/8142482002/

Just open your own thread called “ im
Right and your wrong even when we agree” and keep arguing with yourself. I’ve had enough.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:56 AM   #704
SunnySide
Playmaker

Trump wanted a withdrawl.

Biden wanted a withdrawl.

Americans overwhelmingly wanted a withdrawl.

We withdrew.

People trying to criticize Biden seem to have an agenda. Whats new.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #705
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Just open your own thread called “ im
Right and your wrong even when we agree” and keep arguing with yourself. I’ve had enough.
Oh you mean this. I see what the problem is now - you have a reading comprehension problem. You really should have gone back and reviewed what I posted before throwing me this softball.

"So here are the facts
- The vaccines are effective - most of those -Check that - almost all of those dying are unvaccinated.
- Some will die from the vaccine itself as happens with every vaccine ever developed -
- Legal protections for the developers was absolutely necessary.
- The virus in not a serious threat to most - check that - almost all kids (When it comes to those under 20, the flu really is far more dangerous).
- Only a small minority of kids catch the virus (almost all asymptomatic).
- Schools should never have been closed as the virus effect on kids was known before they shut down.
- Florida got their response right.
- New York got their response wrong.
- Masks work to limit the spread by limiting the spread of the virus from those that are infected.
- Masks generally won't protect you from catching the virus.

- Stores have property rights if they won't serve/bar someone who won't wear a mask that is legal and perfectly reasonable.