Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-15-2021, 02:16 PM   #676
nonniey
The Starter

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

I see now Biden is trying to blame it on Trump's plan. Well he was the fool that decided to follow that plan.

President Joe Biden issued a statement on Sunday regarding the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan, reaffirming his administration’s plans and placing blame on the plan he “inherited from [his] predecessor,”
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-15-2021, 02:24 PM   #677
nonniey
The Starter

https://www.commentary.org/john-podh...o-was-nothing/
".....All Joe Biden had to do was nothing. Had Joe Biden done nothing, Afghanistan would not have fallen to the Taliban today. Had he just let the status quo continue, the status quo would have continued. Afghanistan would have plodded along and we would have kept the Taliban from power with a small force of American military personnel among whose ranks there had not been a single fatality since March 2020—17 months without a death. Keep that in mind as you listen to and watch people try to analyze away the horror that has befallen the Afghan people. The idea being retailed by the increasingly defeatist left and the increasingly isolationist right is that what has happened was inevitable. It was the opposite of inevitable. It wouldn’t have happened if Biden hadn’t acted................ here we have an American president announcing in April that we were pulling out of a country to end a war in which we haven’t been engaging in conventional old-time combat for years because, apparently, we just had to. Biden wanted to be the one to end the war, and he did so with tough love: The Afghan army was going to have to stand on its own. The time had come for the teenager to leave home, get his own apartment, get a job, and start paying rent.

Smart talk. But Biden also assured Americans in July that they would not see a second Saigon 1975. Asked on July 7 about a possible parallel to the moment when U.S. helicopters evacuated embassy personnel on April 30, 1975, the president said, “None whatsoever. Zero….The Taliban is not the South, the North Vietnamese army. They’re not—they’re not remotely comparable in terms of capability. There’s going to be no circumstance where you’re going to see people being lifted off the roof of our embassy.”

Thirty-six days after he said it, we saw it. And the really awful part is, this was entirely predictable—because everybody I know predicted it........."
Old 08-15-2021, 02:38 PM   #678
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

This silly artificial deadline of being out by the twentieth anniversary was dumb. I do think we should remove troops but got to do it responsibly. Definitely were not and now we are being reckless with other people’s lives and discounting the sacrifice made by American military members. Really is bad
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #679
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I see now Biden is trying to blame it on Trump's plan. Well he was the fool that decided to follow that plan.

President Joe Biden issued a statement on Sunday regarding the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan, reaffirming his administration’s plans and placing blame on the plan he “inherited from [his] predecessor,”
Who do you think trump would blame after the Rose garden calibration?
Old 08-15-2021, 05:30 PM   #680
Giantone
Gamebreaker

For 20 plus no one has given two shits as long as we kept sending the American Solders over there to die ,now we stop and leave and everyone is worried about the poor Afghanistan people who won't fight to defend themselves .This is crazy.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:12 PM   #681
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Who do you think trump would blame after the Rose garden calibration?
Trump??? Anyone but himself, as always for everything and anything he screwed up. But what has that to do with this Biden screwup?
Old 08-15-2021, 07:43 PM   #682
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I don't understand why we can't blame Trump for drawing up the course of action and Biden for following through on it. This has been an unmitigated disaster, of course Biden and co. deserve blame for following through with Trump's plans. The failure of intelligence to not be aware the ANA would fold as soon as we left is absolutely terrible. All of their reports were wrong, just two days ago we were hearing the ANA would put up a fight and the Taliban would eventually take over in 1-3 months (long after we had left) and now they're running the country.

But anyone who says this is all on Biden I have no respect for on the subject of politics. This means you Chico. All Biden did was follow through on Trump's plan. I hope everybody who risked their lives to help us makes it out.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:45 PM   #683
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Well, after this past week events it is pretty damn obvious it was too soon.

Yes. No doubt. My point was we seemingly have to stay forever. This would happen ten years ago or 100 years from now. Its a terrible situation. Just do not see how we ever get rid of the filth which is the taliban or any other terrorists over there. If there were not riches of minerals we wouldn’t even be there anyway….
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 07:49 PM   #684
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

He did inherit a shitshow, contrary to the tweets, but yeah Biden should just be accountable when he speaks and leave Trump out of it. History is there in black and white, anyone who actually cares to read between the lines and see how this all unfolded can do so - no need to point fingers like Biden is doing. Its a Trump move for sure.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:00 PM   #685
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Trump??? Anyone but himself, as always for everything and anything he screwed up. But what has that to do with this Biden screwup?
Because it's not a Biden screw up .I feel for the Afghan people but it's their problem that they have been training for, for 20 years.
Old 08-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #686
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
He did inherit a shitshow, contrary to the tweets, but yeah Biden should just be accountable when he speaks and leave Trump out of it. History is there in black and white, anyone who actually cares to read between the lines and see how this all unfolded can do so - no need to point fingers like Biden is doing. Its a Trump move for sure.
Actually he didn't inherit a shit show when it came to Afghanistan, as I've and others have pointed out the Taliban were contained. What he inherited was a plan that would make Afghanistan a shitshow and he decided to follow through with that plan.
Old 08-15-2021, 10:03 PM   #687
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Because it's not a Biden screw up .I feel for the Afghan people but it's their problem that they have been training for, for 20 years.
I think even many of his closest allies and supporters (ie CNN) are now calling it a Biden screwup (of catastrophic proportions), history certainly will.

Ryan Crocker, a U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan under President Obama, said on ABC's "This Week": "I think it is already an indelible stain on his presidency.

Last edited by nonniey; 08-16-2021 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-15-2021, 10:10 PM   #688
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I don't understand why we can't blame Trump for drawing up the course of action and Biden for following through on it. This has been an unmitigated disaster, of course Biden and co. deserve blame for following through with Trump's plans. The failure of intelligence to not be aware the ANA would fold as soon as we left is absolutely terrible. All of their reports were wrong, just two days ago we were hearing the ANA would put up a fight and the Taliban would eventually take over in 1-3 months (long after we had left) and now they're running the country.

But anyone who says this is all on Biden I have no respect for on the subject of politics. This means you Chico. All Biden did was follow through on Trump's plan. I hope everybody who risked their lives to help us makes it out.
There was no failure of intelligence, he was told that the Afghan Army wouldn't hold up, he just chose to ignore that and drive on (Trump was told this too and he didn't care either). Bottom-line Biden is just as bad as Trump on some policies, including this one.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:01 PM   #689
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

There is simply no excuse. Biden is a national embarrassment…there needs to be a commission and Congressional hearings to explore how this failure happened.

His plan and strategy. There are no talking points for Democrats. Blood of Afghans is on Biden’s hands. The woman of Afghanistan…just traumatic for this to face these Islamic terrorist savage animals…they aren’t human, they are pieces of shit who should be described only in the most offensive ways…will suffer only because of then Biden administration.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:37 PM   #690
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
There is simply no excuse. Biden is a national embarrassment…there needs to be a commission and Congressional hearings to explore how this failure happened.

His plan and strategy. There are no talking points for Democrats. Blood of Afghans is on Biden’s hands. The woman of Afghanistan…just traumatic for this to face these Islamic terrorist savage animals…they aren’t human, they are pieces of shit who should be described only in the most offensive ways…will suffer only because of then Biden administration.
Chico - just curious do you still support Trump? Because this was Trump's plan and strategy as well. The Republicans need to go back to being Conservatives as the populist Trumper's isolationism is as bad and possibly worse than the left's can't do defeatism.

Last edited by nonniey; 08-16-2021 at 01:16 AM.