Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-11-2021, 11:40 AM   #661
MTK
\m/

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

At least something got through... bigly talked all about infrastructure and got nothing done. Same with his beautiful healthcare plan, same with the wall, etc. All talk.

Advertisements
Old 08-11-2021, 12:08 PM   #662
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
There were alot of corporate handouts in that bill. That is the only way we will ever get a bipartisan bill. The corporate dems have to keep their overlords happy. Sorry I am a bit jaded because I wanted the 3.9 bill passed first help real Americans and not corps but the infrastructure is good. Yea! Welcome to the the year 2021 USA you're the last developed country here.
About 10 million homes still have lead pipes and this will address that. Finally being able to say there are no lead pipes and all american houses have clean water is a win.

bringing broadband to the rural parts is a win.

fixing some of these roads and bridges will be a win. I did lots of driving from Montgomery County to Annapolis to havre de grace last few days and we need some major bridge/road repair.

------------

Nearly 67,000 of the nation’s 605,000 bridges are rated “structurally deficient” and are in need of substantial repair or replacement, according to bridge inspections analyzed in The Fix We’re In For: The State of the Nation’s Bridges 2013. Nearly 8,000 are both structurally deficient and “fracture critical”, meaning they are designed with no redundancy in their key structural components, so that if one fails the bridge could collapse. The Federal Highway Administration estimates that the backlog of troubled bridges would cost $76 billion to eliminate.

The report ranks states and the District of Columbia in terms of the overall condition of the their bridges, with one having the largest share of deficient bridges, 51 the lowest. Twenty-one states have a higher percentage of deficient bridges than the national average of 11 percent. The five states with the worst bridge conditions have a share over 20 percent: Pennsylvania has the largest share of deteriorating bridges (24.5%), followed by Oklahoma (22.0%), Iowa (21.7%), Rhode Island (21.6%), and South Dakota (20.3%).

https://t4america.org/2013/06/19/one...ears-50-years/

----------

The need is growing rapidly, the report notes: While most bridges are designed to last 50 years before major overhaul or replacement, American bridges average 43 years old. Age is a major factor in bridge conditions. Roughly half of the structurally deficient bridges are 65 or older.Jun 19, 2013
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #663
SunnySide
Playmaker

Does congress work better when there is a 50-50 split?

Seems like Manchin (a moderate D) is able to reign in the most ambitious Dems much like Romney/McCain did 4 years ago.

As long as each side has a few moderates that wont bend thy knee and can take hate from their own party, it seems like this is working.

Manchin. McCain, Romney, Kasich .. these are guys I wish were presidents. Although they may have been more impactful right where they are.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:18 PM   #664
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

No you are right SS there are good things in there. I am not a fan of privatizing public infrastructure. Hush yo mouth about Manchin and wishing he was a President.

Any hoo switching gears. Roberta Kaplan the chairwoman for Time's Up an advocacy group that claims to support women victims of sexual harassment, but actually did a good job of defending Gov. Cuomo, resigned. She was pretty integral in attacking some of his accusers. Here is her resignation letter: https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttoo...86f99/full.pdf

The first sentence of the second paragraph is ironic she is talking about Cuomo but it should be about her.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:56 PM   #665
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Seems like Manchin (a moderate D) is able to reign in the most ambitious Dems much like Romney/McCain did 4 years ago.

As long as each side has a few moderates that wont bend thy knee and can take hate from their own party, it seems like this is working.

Manchin. McCain, Romney, Kasich .. these are guys I wish were presidents. Although they may have been more impactful right where they are.
Not much of a Manchin fan but your the other three I agree with. Voted for 2 of them and would have voted for the 3rd.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:35 AM   #666
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

McCain and Kasich yes no doubt, Manchin seems slimy to me ,Romney if he campaigned the same way he has in the past no but he has stood up to the trumpettes.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:58 AM   #667
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://nypost.com/2021/08/11/mom-sa...mpression=true

Atlanta mom says school ‘segregated’ daughter into black-only classes: lawsuit

Segregation is now acceptable to retards. So everyone in the school was ok with this…no one spoke up?

Who thinks this is acceptable?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:27 PM   #668
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So far under Biden,

Putin gets a strategic/economic win pipeline, Mexico gets an open border, and the Taliban gets Afghanistan

Meanwhile, Americans get higher prices on everything, the delta variant, more crime and segregation in our schools

Sad

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:10 PM   #669
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So far under Biden,

Putin gets a strategic/economic win pipeline, Mexico gets an open border, and the Taliban gets Afghanistan

Meanwhile, Americans get higher prices on everything, the delta variant, more crime and segregation in our schools

Sad
Why do you hate America chico?
Old 08-13-2021, 02:12 AM   #670
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We need a Fresh Start Squared thread that we can all ruin immediately, before it gets to page 2.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:10 PM   #671
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Old 08-15-2021, 11:13 AM   #672
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fresh Start Political Thread

“Had our 2020 Presidential election not been rigged and if I were now president, the world would find that our withdrawal from Afghanistan would be a conditions-based withdrawal. I personally had discussions with top Taliban leaders whereby they understood what they are doing now would not have been acceptable. It would have been a much different and much more successful withdrawal, and the Taliban understood that much better than anyone.”

Trumps statement on Bidens move. Laughable. Basically what he wants all his sheep to believe (and they will) Is he told those bad guys what was going on and the very smart taliban would have said yes Donald we promise we will work well with others for peace and prosperity for all after the American troops are gone.
Ok.

Trump wanted the withdrawal so bad. It would have been celebrated in the Rose Garden, and there would have been talk of a nobel peace prize.
The guy who slaughtered the Kurds is just irate about this? There was really never going to be an easy way out of Afghanistan. The majority of their people and government doesn’t give a fuck. It is a terrible situation but please Donald Trump just STFU about how the Taliban would have never moved on these territories because you spoke to them. What a fuckin idiot.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:31 PM   #673
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
“Had our 2020 Presidential election not been rigged and if I were now president, the world would find that our withdrawal from Afghanistan would be a conditions-based withdrawal. I personally had discussions with top Taliban leaders whereby they understood what they are doing now would not have been acceptable. It would have been a much different and much more successful withdrawal, and the Taliban understood that much better than anyone.”

Trumps statement on Bidens move. Laughable. Basically what he wants all his sheep to believe (and they will) Is he told those bad guys what was going on and the very smart taliban would have said yes Donald we promise we will work well with others for peace and prosperity for all after the American troops are gone.
Ok.

Trump wanted the withdrawal so bad. It would have been celebrated in the Rose Garden, and there would have been talk of a nobel peace prize.
The guy who slaughtered the Kurds is just irate about this? There was really never going to be an easy way out of Afghanistan. The majority of their people and government doesn’t give a fuck. It is a terrible situation but please Donald Trump just STFU about how the Taliban would have never moved on these territories because you spoke to them. What a fuckin idiot.
Actually Trumps plan would have had this disaster happen about 2 months earlier. Trump's plan was extremely stupid and unwarranted. The Taliban were contained, with our military costs now both low in treasure and lives (about 8-10 a year and declining) and Biden decided to execute it anyway. We should have continued that containment policy, but Biden is no Truman (I imagine if either Trump or Biden had been President in 1945 the Soviet Union would still be around with their empire stretching to the English Channel) .
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:40 PM   #674
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Pompeo said that while Trump had planned on pulling out of Afghanistan, he would not have allowed the Taliban to take over. He said that the deal that the Trump administration had reached with the Taliban called for "a conditions-based withdrawal" and allowed the U.S. to take action if necessary.

Jesus Christ doubling down on the fact that the Taliban is operating on the honor code. LOL. You cannot make a deal with the fucking Taliban. The only way out would be if the Afghanistans finally stood up and fought. We trained them for 20 fucking years for this. How is that too soon?!?!?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #675
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Pompeo said that while Trump had planned on pulling out of Afghanistan, he would not have allowed the Taliban to take over. He said that the deal that the Trump administration had reached with the Taliban called for "a conditions-based withdrawal" and allowed the U.S. to take action if necessary.

Jesus Christ doubling down on the fact that the Taliban is operating on the honor code. LOL. You cannot make a deal with the fucking Taliban. The only way out would be if the Afghanistans finally stood up and fought. We trained them for 20 fucking years for this. How is that too soon?!?!?
Well, after this past week events it is pretty damn obvious it was too soon.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote