Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 06:13 PM   #661
WillH
The Starter

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
Agreed. Gruden is concerned about injuries after last few years. Can't play scared. These guys need the reps. They need to play at least 1-2 series minimum. All of them.
I don't disagree with you, but to be fair, he did say part of it is they're mostly all coming back from injury to some degree or another, and a few more days would make a difference. I think that's true for several of them, like Colt, Sweat, Guice, Thompson, etc.

And as far as Colt, in this QB competition, he needs to see the other guys more than him, he knows Colt. Reed is a similar situation, yes it would help for the QB to develop timing with his receivers, but I think that's over rated, that's been the excuse for Doctson for three years. Reed on the other hand, he can be thrown to by anyone. I mean, you or I could stand back there and throw it to him.

That said, no McLauren... that is a question. He clearly didn't bench him for negative reasons. He played one snap, and he's been raved about in camp. So, is it to protect him from injury in the preseason? Most likely. He could possibly though be not showing his hand with him yet, or he's a receiver that anyone can throw to like Reed. I hope is the latter.

I digress, yeah, I agree they need to play more. Kevin Sheehan and Cooley said it too. Tom Brady threw like 40 or 50 some odd passes in the preseason to Alex Smith's 14 last year. That said, Haskins had 18 last night alone, and it makes perfect sense to get him as many reps in the preseason as possible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 08-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #662
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
I don't disagree with you, but to be fair, he did say part of it is they're mostly all coming back from injury to some degree or another, and a few more days would make a difference. I think that's true for several of them, like Colt, Sweat, Guice, Thompson, etc.

And as far as Colt, in this QB competition, he needs to see the other guys more than him, he knows Colt. Reed is a similar situation, yes it would help for the QB to develop timing with his receivers, but I think that's over rated, that's been the excuse for Doctson for three years. Reed on the other hand, he can be thrown to by anyone. I mean, you or I could stand back there and throw it to him.

That said, no McLauren... that is a question. He clearly didn't bench him for negative reasons. He played one snap, and he's been raved about in camp. So, is it to protect him from injury in the preseason? Most likely. He could possibly though be not showing his hand with him yet, or he's a receiver that anyone can throw to like Reed. I hope is the latter.

I digress, yeah, I agree they need to play more. Kevin Sheehan and Cooley said it too. Tom Brady threw like 40 or 50 some odd passes in the preseason to Alex Smith's 14 last year. That said, Haskins had 18 last night alone, and it makes perfect sense to get him as many reps in the preseason as possible.

Any players with injury issues currently, totally see why they should not play. Those, however, who are not need to play at least some. We have to see what we have in these guys in live action. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see more players/starters the next couple games.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #663
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
A RB, Duke Johnson from the Browns got traded for a conditional 3rd. I'd think that most likely the best LT would command more. I could see that the holdout gives leverage to the other team, but not if they lose their LT for the season. So, you wait...

But....number one the Browns didn’t need Duke like we need Trent so he was “expendable “ and number two he isn’t older.
That being said yes if a contender at some point down the road needs a LT to put them over the hump they might over pay.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:25 PM   #664
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
But....number one the Browns didn’t need Duke like we need Trent so he was “expendable “ and number two he isn’t older.
That being said yes if a contender at some point down the road needs a LT to put them over the hump they might over pay.
A 3rd for a running back is still pretty generous. The position is just easier to replenish than a left tackle. Yes, I get the age difference. But, TW is still considered top notch. A 3rd for all things considered is fair for TW.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:34 AM   #665
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Just watched the game. I'm taking a road trip to Silverbacks home tomorrow and begging him to come back.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #666
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Just watched the game. I'm taking a road trip to Silverbacks home tomorrow and begging him to come back.
Lol let us know how that goes for you. Think he's serious about not playing for us anymore.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:34 AM   #667
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
.............note, I wouldn't call him "silverback" to his face but hey that's just me.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #668
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.............note, I wouldn't call him "silverback" to his face but hey that's just me.
Sigh...

He Gets Us
Old 08-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #669
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sigh...
He just didn't realize TW gave himself the nickname, and a tattoo

https://www.tmz.com/2012/07/23/trent...orilla-tattoo/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #670
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He just didn't realize TW gave himself the nickname, and a tattoo

https://www.tmz.com/2012/07/23/trent...orilla-tattoo/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That tatoo is insane and pricey! Bet Trent spent also a big portion of his day at the parlor for that one.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:27 AM   #671
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
That tatoo is insane and pricey! Bet Trent spent also a big portion of his day at the parlor for that one.
That's not a one-day deal, something that big is probably a 12 hours a day for 4 or 5 day deal.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #672
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
That's not a one-day deal, something that big is probably a 12 hours a day for 4 or 5 day deal.
Wow! That's quite the commitment. Tattoo is still sick though!
Old 08-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #673
Warthog
The Starter

The Redskins should offer TW more guaranteed money or trade him. NOW. There is no in between.I think we could get a 2nd or 3rd from a team with lots of empty cap space - like the Texans. If the Redskins want to keep TW they should stay so in public. Show him the love! But I’m sure Bruce Allen will make the worst possible choice - like hinting that they are going to punish TW into coming back to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 08-12-2019, 09:43 PM   #674
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Washington has told multiple teams this summer it is not trading 7-time Pro Bowl OT Trent Williams, per sources. Williams has held out of camp, but Washington hasn’t flinched. Teams repeatedly have called about Williams, teams have inquired, and so far, teams have been rebuffed.

Per Adam S.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #675
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Washington has told multiple teams this summer it is not trading 7-time Pro Bowl OT Trent Williams, per sources. Williams has held out of camp, but Washington hasn’t flinched. Teams repeatedly have called about Williams, teams have inquired, and so far, teams have been rebuffed.

Per Adam S.
Well guess we're going to keep him as a disgruntled player who refuses to play and not getting anything in return. Very Bruce Allen-like. He's not playing for the Redskins anymore. Get something in return now.
Closed Thread