Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Commanders 2023 Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: How would you address the QB1 situation for 2023?
Swing big in a trade for a veteran 2 3.77%
Trade up in the draft for a top prospect 4 7.55%
See who hits free agency 7 13.21%
Sit tight with Howell 35 66.04%
Other 5 9.43%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2023, 04:13 AM   #661
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Commanders 2023 Off-Season Thread

Great move by Washington!(dammit) Anyone think this will change Snyder's mind on selling?

Advertisements
Old 02-18-2023, 06:07 AM   #662
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Great move by Washington!(dammit) Anyone think this will change Snyder's mind on selling?
I don't think Dan will sell. The reports of him using his private jet to fly around to get EB, and take Jason Wright out there with him, this is the classic Dan Snyder playbook to go out there and court people himself.

They don't seem like the actions of a man who is close to selling his team. They seem like the actions of a man who has taken back over...

Allegedly none of the bidders, which is down to just 1 or 2 now btw, are nowhere near Dan's asking price of 7 billion. So, I think it's not happening.
Old 02-18-2023, 07:24 AM   #663
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I don't think Dan will sell. The reports of him using his private jet to fly around to get EB, and take Jason Wright out there with him, this is the classic Dan Snyder playbook to go out there and court people himself.

They don't seem like the actions of a man who is close to selling his team. They seem like the actions of a man who has taken back over...

Allegedly none of the bidders, which is down to just 1 or 2 now btw, are nowhere near Dan's asking price of 7 billion. So, I think it's not happening.
JMPO, Ron needs to be "promoted" (step aside) and let EB be the HC.
Old 02-18-2023, 07:39 AM   #664
rocnrik
Playmaker

I’m thinking no sale unless the league FORCES it … 7 billion ? All He has to do is sit tight until someone pays it .. Snyder is buying time and he may wiggle out of the sale … we shall see and if he is still owner at the draft then I think it likely he will continue..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 08:20 AM   #665
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
This seems like below a lateral move for EB. The only thing I can figure his reasoning is for taking this job, is to prove his worth for a head coaching job. Because I could probably be the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs with Mahomes, but if he can do some thing with this Washington offense then he would prove to his detractors that he can be a head coach.
It's a move up as he has more power, makes more money and has sole play calling responsibilities.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 10:19 AM   #666
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I’m thinking no sale unless the league FORCES it … 7 billion ? All He has to do is sit tight until someone pays it .. Snyder is buying time and he may wiggle out of the sale … we shall see and if he is still owner at the draft then I think it likely he will continue..
What you described is straight out of the Snyder playbook, so I also think that it could happen - the thought of which makes me sick. He obviously stalled the Democrat-led congressional committee investigation until after the mid-term elections in hopes that the Republicans would take the majority in the House and drop the probe. When that happened, he no doubt thought that he had "won" something. It must have given him the thrill he was seeking.

So now it's back to fending off the other NFL owners which he probably thinks is child's play now that he's been able to outlast the Congress of the United States.

I sincerely hope you and I are wrong, rocnik.
Old 02-18-2023, 11:03 AM   #667
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post

Show me a report of him flying out to EB, I haven’t heard Dans name in any of this
Old 02-18-2023, 11:07 AM   #668
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Found it myself

PART 2: Dan Snyder flew President Jason Wright, who was in LA, out to DC, to meet with Eric Bieniemy. Ron Rivera wanted Jason there to “help seal the deal” because Jason & Eric are from the same area in CA & high schools are literally 13 miles apart @wusa9

That is a little different then Dan going and saying Dan flew him out I mean he is still the owner he pays for everything

If EB and Wright had dinner I am sure DS paid , you could write article say DS bought EB a dinner in hopes of hiring him but DS wasn’t there big difference
Old 02-18-2023, 11:08 AM   #669
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Actually rereading my post sounds like RR requested DS to send Wright to see EB
Old 02-18-2023, 11:08 AM   #670
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think Snyder using his private jet to make it easier for all involved to meet, seal the deal, etc. is a nothing burger. He is still the owner, so who else is going to do that? Or maybe they all should have just flown coach on Southwest...

I don't think any of what has transpired over the last couple days means he's not selling now. We have earned the right to be paranoid though...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 11:10 AM   #671
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think Snyder using his private jet to make it easier for all involved to meet, seal the deal, etc. is a nothing burger. He is still the owner, so who else is going to do that? Or maybe they all should have just flown coach on Southwest...

I don't think any of what has transpired over the last couple days means he's not selling now. We have earned the right to be paranoid though...
Right 100

And no offense to solid snake but has not been the most level headed poster over the years =)
Old 02-18-2023, 01:21 PM   #672
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

Snyder flying everyone around on a scheduled airline would appear cheap, even 1st class. Whatever he is, he's never been that cheap. Until a buyer is confirmed he's just acting like the owner and wouldn't want to be seen to be not helping get the guy they want. I agree there's nothing about this says he's not selling. Likewise, if he took it off the market, it wouldn't be a surprise.

Anyway, he's got to be a big improvement over Turner, even just experience wise. As a few have said, he can't have spent all that time in KC working with Reid and not learned something. Reid wouldn't have kept him around.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 02:58 PM   #673
MTK
\m/

Wright using the team jet is definitely a nothing burger. Until the team is sold it's just business as usual.

The latest on the sale

Report: Another potential owner toured Washington Commanders headquarters today; Four bids have been submitted
Old 02-18-2023, 08:26 PM   #674
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Moved to the thread I meant to post in (I'm struggling). My bad.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 12:46 PM   #675
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Wright using the team jet is definitely a nothing burger. Until the team is sold it's just business as usual.

The latest on the sale

Report: Another potential owner toured Washington Commanders headquarters today; Four bids have been submitted
March can't come fast enough!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote