Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-15-2020, 09:57 PM   #631
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I’d rather take Young than get three first rounders. We need a game changer. Haven’t had one in years. Someone gameplanners have to account for and still struggle to stop.

Three very good players makes for a tempting option but you can’t forget how much better Sweat, Allen, Ioannidis and Payne will be when Young enters the picture.

Great players create that extra bit more than the whole. The three picks would just be a sum of the parts.
IF Young can make a impact of 3 first round picks then we have a HOF pass rusher!! .. when we get Young what for you guys think our record will be ?? 4 wins .. maybe 6 ?? We need a game changer .. hmmm I like that .. however we need a game changer at QB .. you just said we haven’t had one in years .. and guess what Haskins ain’t it !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-16-2020, 12:05 AM   #632
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I’d rather take Young than get three first rounders. We need a game changer. Haven’t had one in years. Someone gameplanners have to account for and still struggle to stop.

Three very good players makes for a tempting option but you can’t forget how much better Sweat, Allen, Ioannidis and Payne will be when Young enters the picture.

Great players create that extra bit more than the whole. The three picks would just be a sum of the parts.
To me, if your offer doesn't include 3 1st round picks, don't even call me. Even then, you have to evaluate the team, how many picks they have this year, how good/bad you think that team will be next year, etc. The safe bet is to take the absolute stud now and let him hunt. In short, I agree with you. I need your house, car, and dog to even think about it.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #633
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Looking less likely that Miami moves up:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ustin-herbert/

Think they'd be happy with Tua or Herbert. May be harder to commit to Tua as we near the draft with the injury risk. Personally, I'd go with Tua over Herbert. Scouts love Herbert's size/arm though.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:32 AM   #634
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Herbert has an arm but he's not even close to the passer Tua is.. Arm strength is the most overrated trait of a QB.. Jamarcus Russell could throw it 80 yards too..

As for saying take Tua over Haskins and that Haskins isn't a franchise QB, I don't see how we can make that statement right now. Is Tua the better prospect? Yes he is and he's been coached by the best of the best but Dwayne needs some help to even really evaluate him as an NFL QB.

For the Young debate, I'm all for him but Chase is not going to change our record that much.. He's a great player and has a high ceiling but so did Clowney and Myles Garrett and others. I'm not so sure that Jeff Okudah isn't the better pick as a lockdown CB makes just as big of an impact in todays game. I'm just saying we need to slow down on the generational talent talk, and saying that he is better than 3 first rd picks...
Old 04-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #635
dej733
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Herbert has an arm but he's not even close to the passer Tua is.. Arm strength is the most overrated trait of a QB.. Jamarcus Russell could throw it 80 yards too..

As for saying take Tua over Haskins and that Haskins isn't a franchise QB, I don't see how we can make that statement right now. Is Tua the better prospect? Yes he is and he's been coached by the best of the best but Dwayne needs some help to even really evaluate him as an NFL QB.

For the Young debate, I'm all for him but Chase is not going to change our record that much.. He's a great player and has a high ceiling but so did Clowney and Myles Garrett and others. I'm not so sure that Jeff Okudah isn't the better pick as a lockdown CB makes just as big of an impact in todays game. I'm just saying we need to slow down on the generational talent talk, and saying that he is better than 3 first rd picks...
I watched a draft special with Larry Michael's and Fred Smoot yesterday; Fred referred to Okudah as "Regular Unleaded Gas". He states that Okudah is a guy that benefited from having played with three of the best pass rushers in the Bosa brothers and Chase Young. Check out the video at the 3:05 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO53E26l25s
dej733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:37 PM   #636
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nick Bosa on CY “There are some games where you see the tackles he’s going against & it’s a complete joke... you don’t run into that in the NFL, you’re facing a beast every week”

Thanks capt obvious
Old 04-16-2020, 11:03 PM   #637
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Nick Bosa on CY “There are some games where you see the tackles he’s going against & it’s a complete joke... you don’t run into that in the NFL, you’re facing a beast every week”

Thanks capt obvious
Bosa sounds jealous

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:24 PM   #638
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Bosa sounds jealous
So Jelly!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:07 AM   #639
rocnrik
Playmaker

He is right !! Based on all the great expectations on Payne and Allen and sweat we should allready be a way way better Defensive team.. now everybody is saying if we get Young we are gonna have a top D .... Jack del rio will make more of a difference than any one player .. Haskins lit it up in college and looked lost on the nfl field .. he did get better down the stretch .. I’m sure we are taking young and all that but I wish somebody would trade the farm for our pick ... we need lots of help
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:30 AM   #640
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
I remember when they had a QB skills competition that included throwing for distance, every time he entered Steve Young finished near the bottom barely able to throw 60 yards.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #641
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Do we really need lots of help? Not saying we don't but wasn't coaching the biggest issue in recent years?

I mean look at SF. Yes Kittle and Bosa are potential HoF players but it's not like they have a fully loaded roster. The biggest difference maker to that team was getting coaching (though Lynch deserves a lot of credit).

Maybe we shouldn't be too ready to trade away a potential difference maker in exchange for just more picks. Maybe CY isn't what he's made out to be, but there's more chance he is than he isn't. Is there 1, maybe even 2 players lower down the order that offer the potential impact he does? Maybe but unlikely based on the analysis I've seen. Quality over quantity in my book.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:22 AM   #642
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Thanks capt obvious
Didn't Bosa face basically the same college competition?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:25 AM   #643
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Do we really need lots of help? Not saying we don't but wasn't coaching the biggest issue in recent years?

I mean look at SF. Yes Kittle and Bosa are potential HoF players but it's not like they have a fully loaded roster. The biggest difference maker to that team was getting coaching (though Lynch deserves a lot of credit).

Maybe we shouldn't be too ready to trade away a potential difference maker in exchange for just more picks. Maybe CY isn't what he's made out to be, but there's more chance he is than he isn't. Is there 1, maybe even 2 players lower down the order that offer the potential impact he does? Maybe but unlikely based on the analysis I've seen. Quality over quantity in my book.
SF had a damn good offense to help that D stay fresh, we do not have that
Old 04-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #644
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
He is right !! Based on all the great expectations on Payne and Allen and sweat we should allready be a way way better Defensive team.. now everybody is saying if we get Young we are gonna have a top D .... Jack del rio will make more of a difference than any one player .. Haskins lit it up in college and looked lost on the nfl field .. he did get better down the stretch .. I’m sure we are taking young and all that but I wish somebody would trade the farm for our pick ... we need lots of help
Allen is the most disappointing to me, I thought he was going to be a stud!

I've watched the tape on CY and Simmons, I have to tell ya I think Simmons could make a Huge impact for us as well.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #645
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

less than a week to the draft, Thank God!!!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote