Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 06-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #631
MTK
\m/

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

We're trending in the wrong direction, at this rate it's hard to see sports returning

Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. Sets Record for Daily New Cases

Advertisements
Old 06-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #632
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I should elaborate:

When COVID started here in the states, our resident medical experts came out with all sorts of rules, guidance, etc. One of those being "You don't have to wear a mask if you aren't sick". We could have an entire thread / discussion about how much and how often Doctors are wrong. But that doesn't / shouldn't undermine the good work that they do for us.

Corona Virus is constantly changing, and because of that, the guidelines/restrictions/lockdowns in 2021 will look very different from how they did this year. Things are already changing as most states now have entered, or are entering Phase 3 and their respective final phases of the recovery plans. I am not saying Doctors are quacks, just wan't to clarify that.
Fauci addressed that rather eloquently with congress the other day. Due to our ineptitude we were overwhelmingly unprepared for PPE. Having people buy up stocks of PPE and hoard them like they do toilet paper would have made it even more difficult to get the PPE to health professionals.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:13 AM   #633
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We're trending in the wrong direction, at this rate it's hard to see sports returning

Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. Sets Record for Daily New Cases
I have said from the beginning that this is what does professional sports in.

The sports that are playing right now will be shutting back down again, and its hard to see them ever coming back until there is a vaccine that is out for every person in this country.

States are already going to go back into lock downs, they've already said.

I felt from the beginning that the total time it took for things to go back to "normal" would be between 2 and 5 years. As it stands right now, we are already witnessing permanent changes to things like schools, colleges, etc, wearing masks whenever inside public spaces, etc. Some governors have even made it a law now that you have to wear a mask even outdoors.

I think it is clear at this point that America will never go back to "normal", even after the vaccines are out. This is the most afraid that i have been since it started. It's 30 - 40K cases a day now. Probably in a month or two from now, it could be 100 - 200K. Growth rate like that wouldn't take long before we could hit 1million new cases a day. We just need to hope and pray now, guys....
Old 06-25-2020, 10:32 AM   #634
MTK
\m/

Unfortunately we still have too many dummies out there denying the facts, calling this a hoax, not wearing masks, not socially distancing, etc. All this shit was bound to catch up to us.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:37 AM   #635
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:

The sports that are playing right now will be shutting back down again, and its hard to see them ever coming back until there is a vaccine that is out for every person in this country.

I felt from the beginning that the total time it took for things to go back to "normal" would be between 2 and 5 years. As it stands right now, we are already witnessing permanent changes to things like schools, colleges, etc, wearing masks whenever inside public spaces, etc. Some governors have even made it a law now that you have to wear a mask even outdoors.

I think it is clear at this point that America will never go back to "normal", even after the vaccines are out. This is the most afraid that i have been since it started. It's 30 - 40K cases a day now. Probably in a month or two from now, it could be 100 - 200K. Growth rate like that wouldn't take long before we could hit 1million new cases a day. We just need to hope and pray now, guys....
People are getting worried about nothing. We should reopen the entire country immediately. All of the shutdowns haven't prevented a goddamn thing. Most of the people who catch it will be fine. We can't shutdown the country for 2 to 5 years just because the virus might be lethal to an extremely small minority. Anyone says something like that shouldn't be making decisions or advising anyone who is making decisions. It is time to open the country back up. We should demand it!
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #636
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Unfortunately we still have too many dummies out there denying the facts, calling this a hoax, not wearing masks, not socially distancing, etc. All this shit was bound to catch up to us.
It is a hoax! Most of the people I see every day are wearing mask. Dummies believe what they are told without questioning the power to be like an obedient dog. I and others like me choose to use our common sense. This virus isn't like the Spanish flu that killed 50 million people. This virus ain't shit comparison. The death toll for COVID-19 is way lower than the reported numbers. This virus is a damn joke and anyone who believes otherwise is a fool.

Last edited by httr198020; 06-25-2020 at 02:04 PM.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:21 PM   #637
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

....just wait till the sand storm comes then you'll wish you all wore your freaking masks!
Old 06-25-2020, 09:18 PM   #638
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
....just wait till the sand storm comes then you'll wish you all wore your freaking masks!
Really looking forward to the insanely dumb thing Trump says about the sandstorm...it could be an all-timer.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:03 AM   #639
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Really looking forward to the insanely dumb thing Trump says about the sandstorm...it could be an all-timer.
LOL. The funniest part is you know he is absolutely without a shadow of doubt commenting on it multiple times. He has no mute button.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:11 AM   #640
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Was talking to my boss tonight. I'm a paralegal. Don't love what I do, but I've been doing it for 10+ years now, and I work my ass off 99% of the time.

But this COVID just has me in a funk. My motivation is zero right now. I couldn't even think of a way to say why, it's just there. It's like an invisible cloud hanging over my head.

She said similar things.

This was a few hours ago and I still can't explain it. And I've been lucky that my life really hasn't changed that drastically. Have worked full time and have had every resource I need (minus Lysol). Can't imagine what other people that have been way more effected are going through. Hope y'all are all doing alright!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:37 AM   #641
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
CDC, which I think is on the conservative side of accounting, lists 120,333 COVID deaths as of today.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

The death rate (percent) can be played around with. Some models project the number of people they think are infected but asymptomatic and never tested (leads to lower death rate). Some models only consider number of reported cases vs deaths but everyone knows there are more people infected/asymptomatic who had/have it but arent included in the reported cases number.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...be-10-n1232134

So if the CDC is saying infection rate is 10 times that has been tested, then the death rate for the folks ages 5-49, it’s same ball park as the flu. Sound bout right?

He Gets Us
Old 06-26-2020, 09:07 AM   #642
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Was talking to my boss tonight. I'm a paralegal. Don't love what I do, but I've been doing it for 10+ years now, and I work my ass off 99% of the time.

But this COVID just has me in a funk. My motivation is zero right now. I couldn't even think of a way to say why, it's just there. It's like an invisible cloud hanging over my head.

She said similar things.

This was a few hours ago and I still can't explain it. And I've been lucky that my life really hasn't changed that drastically. Have worked full time and have had every resource I need (minus Lysol). Can't imagine what other people that have been way more effected are going through. Hope y'all are all doing alright!!
Good to know I'm not alone here, I have zero motivation to do my work too. I sometimes feel like I put all my efforts into trying to concentrate on work instead of actually doing the work. I have been working from home since about 1 year before the pandemic started and I had no issues with motivations, until about 2 months ago. It's a strange feeling, I wondered if it's because we now have less stimulation? Being stuck at home for a while without any real activities is starting to take a toll on me. I'm lucky I already have a small gym in my basement but even it isn't enough for me.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:18 AM   #643
MTK
\m/

There are days when I struggle to get much done with work. I try to get outside every day for a walk or jog. Sometimes I just hop in the car and go for a drive and crank up some good music. Nobody is alone in this all of our lives have changed in some way.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:34 AM   #644
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I have a routine that everyday after work i go to the local park...walk the dog, exercise and socialize...sometimes fish. It’s rare I miss a day...being outside everyday 365 is a must, clears the head and just resets me from an office/home office environment.

I actually miss the office and the word I got last week is don’t expect to come in this year. Kinda sucks

He Gets Us
Old 06-26-2020, 10:25 AM   #645
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...be-10-n1232134

So if the CDC is saying infection rate is 10 times that has been tested, then the death rate for the folks ages 5-49, it’s same ball park as the flu. Sound bout right?
There are a lot variables there such as who has died but wasn't attributed to COVID ie deaths at home etc. But even if it is people freak out about flu. They get shots every year, quarantine themselves when sick and avoid those with it but for some reason we are seeing the exact opposite response to this despite not having a vaccine. Is it coronafatigue? Fear of the unknown? Conflicting messages? Public health becoming political when it shouldn't?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote