Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome Carson Wentz

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Initial reaction to trading for Carson Wentz?
Love it 8 12.12%
Hate it 17 25.76%
Don't love it, don't hate it 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #631
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
+1

I liked his work with the Athletic and felt it was good enough to pay for the breakdowns - didn't cancel this year so I'm still getting them too.
Does he do other teams, or just us? I hope he does at least a few others, because we always suck, so not many people will want to pay for it when you lose constantly.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2022, 12:38 AM   #632
ODUsmitty
Camp Scrub

Wentz sucks arse
ODUsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:42 AM   #633
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Does he do other teams, or just us? I hope he does at least a few others, because we always suck, so not many people will want to pay for it when you lose constantly.
Just us.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:44 AM   #634
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I have to say after hearing how Wentz always thought his shit doesn't stink he has been putting the blame on himself in the post game interviews of course when you play that poorly you truly do have to own it.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:19 PM   #635
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Posting this here in regards to the QB debate: https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/10/3/...ke-a-qb-change

It is an emotional plea and not analytical but worth a read. I am not sold on starting Heinicke but if we know for certainty Wentz is not the QB for the future and the season is a wash I have no problem playing him. I'll watch the Commanders lose regardless who the signal caller is.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:57 PM   #636
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Posting this here in regards to the QB debate: https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/10/3/...ke-a-qb-change

It is an emotional plea and not analytical but worth a read. I am not sold on starting Heinicke but if we know for certainty Wentz is not the QB for the future and the season is a wash I have no problem playing him. I'll watch the Commanders lose regardless who the signal caller is.
Give me a break , we are not a QB away from being better and TH is just not a NFL starting QB, i am sorry he is not.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:06 PM   #637
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Give me a break , we are not a QB away from being better and TH is just not a NFL starting QB, i am sorry he is not.
Agreed.

Wentz is shell shocked, he has no time to throw and is anxious in the pocket.

We gotta completely rebuild the interior of the Oline. Roullier coming off a second major leg injury. Both ex Panthers guards Norwell and Turner are just awful.

Wes Schweitzer now injuried…not good folks.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:20 PM   #638
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rivera said, "I understand the history, what's gone on here for a while and we're trying to change that. It won't happen overnight and won't be easy. If anyone thought it would be easy you're crazy. I tried to get that across last season."

HAHAHAHAH
Old 10-03-2022, 05:19 PM   #639
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Rivera said, "I understand the history, what's gone on here for a while and we're trying to change that. It won't happen overnight and won't be easy. If anyone thought it would be easy you're crazy. I tried to get that across last season."

HAHAHAHAH
Rivera is talking like a person whose seat is getting increasingly or is already searing hot and attempting to buy himself some time before the hammer comes down.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:31 PM   #640
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Rivera, we're getting worse. This will be your worst team yet, and you're the freaking GM. THIS IS ALL YOU! THIS IS YOUR TEAM!! AND IT SUCKS HARD!!!
Old 10-03-2022, 06:09 PM   #641
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Some of this is Carson, some of this is the o-line, some of this is Turner and Rivera. Overall it's one big shit sandwich.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:44 PM   #642
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

This has me so dejected. I was pretty happy with the signing of Carson Wentz, but I am having a hard time supporting the idea of running him out on the field anymore. I'm willing to give CW one more chance against the Titans, but if we see the same results after 1-2 quarters, it's time to make a change. I mean why not, they are 1-3 (0-3 in the NFC and 0-2 in the Division). What do we have to lose at this point. Might as well see if someone else can provide a spark. At least the other two options have some mobility to escape the flood gates that we see on every pass play. I hate to admit it, but so far, I could have done without bringing in CW. Maybe he'll change my mind over the course of the rest of the season, but we honestly might be 2-2 or 3-1 with Heinicke right now, and that really sucks considering what they sacrificed to bring CW in. I hope I'm wrong, but it is sure looking that way right now.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:20 PM   #643
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
No need to apologize you are not wrong. TH is a nice guy and a feel good story, I am sure if the could have pulled out the playoff game against TB Disney would have bought the rights to do a 30 minute short about his life, but that is all. It doesn't matter who is back there right now (with the QBs we have). We are still 1-3 with Heinicke and may be 0-4 with him. The Detroit game is still a loss and I don't see how he is worth 17 points and 16 points respectively with Philly and Dallas.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:24 PM   #644
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
This has me so dejected. I was pretty happy with the signing of Carson Wentz, but I am having a hard time supporting the idea of running him out on the field anymore. I'm willing to give CW one more chance against the Titans, but if we see the same results after 1-2 quarters, it's time to make a change. I mean why not, they are 1-3 (0-3 in the NFC and 0-2 in the Division). What do we have to lose at this point. Might as well see if someone else can provide a spark. At least the other two options have some mobility to escape the flood gates that we see on every pass play. I hate to admit it, but so far, I could have done without bringing in CW. Maybe he'll change my mind over the course of the rest of the season, but we honestly might be 2-2 or 3-1 with Heinicke right now, and that really sucks considering what they sacrificed to bring CW in. I hope I'm wrong, but it is sure looking that way right now.
Bummed to see you so dejected he the brewer of the kool aid. The problem with the CW trade IMO is we didn't do enough to improve the offense. Two of our best o-line left and what did we replace them with? I think everyone knows CW benefits from protection. FWIW I think GM RR knew what we were getting or the would have restructured and signed him long term, but they didn't help him and he isn't helping himself.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:49 PM   #645
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Rivera should have known that Wentz needs a very strong line to be successful. Moreso than the average QB. What we run out there has been nothing short of a disaster. I would do a Chiefs like overhaul on the line. 4 new starters around Chase. And we need a solid backup C, because Chase keeps getting hurt.