Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #631
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Bruce Allen is fucking douchebag, Trent is acting like a 320lb pussy. If he wants nothing to do with the Redskins and wants to be traded, then just say it. instead of playing games and having sources spill rumors, act up, be a man and say trade me now. The team stood by Trent when he got suspended twice for weed, bar fight when he got hit in the head with a bottle (probably what caused the issue).
Charlie Casserly said something along the lines that the team could have easily gone after his guaranteed money after his two pots suspensions and they didn't. He also brought up a good point that if the team were to do anything extra for Trent, Kerrigan's agent would likely be knocking on their door since he's in a similar contract situation, yet he's been more consistent and durable than Trent.

As I've said before, I'm done with Trent. I mean, we were probably a year or two away from figuring out what life after him would be for the team (due to his health/age), so he's just moved that ahead of schedule. I just hope the team doesn't make the same mistake that they did with Cousins, and let this linger around.

Let's just get Schreff's deal done and let's move on from this stupid distraction.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 08-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #632
MTK
\m/

Let him hold out. Let him lose game checks and see how that goes. In the end I'm not giving him away. Better get at least a 2nd and more before I'd deal him.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #633
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Let him hold out. Let him lose game checks and see how that goes. In the end I'm not giving him away. Better get at least a 2nd and more before I'd deal him.
If he's not going to ever play for us then trade him to the highest bidder. The Texans have the most cap room and might trade him for a 1st or 2nd (most likely the latter).

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 08-08-2019, 12:40 PM   #634
Kope
Special Teams

Quote:
Let's just get Schreff's deal done and let's move on from this stupid distraction
This. At some point you have to make a decision and move forward. It is not unthinkable that the team as a whole can still do well without TW.

For the record I would much rather have TW here and happy. But if that can't happen move on.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:54 PM   #635
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Postering for money. My preference would be to have Bruce and dan to meet with him and move some guarantee money into this year. Just talk to him

I think Bruce is digging in...with no communication and that’s where I have the problem
This. So much could be solved if Bruce was effective at communicating. Instead we're probably gonna sit on our asses and do nothing and hope some team comes calling with a good offer. And if nobody does we're eventually gonna trade him for shit.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:12 PM   #636
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This. So much could be solved if Bruce was effective at communicating. Instead we're probably gonna sit on our asses and do nothing and hope some team comes calling with a good offer. And if nobody does we're eventually gonna trade him for shit.
Yup Bruce mid season will get a 3rd round pick and a bowl of cornflakes, but then act like he got a first round pick and head from Joy Taylor.

He Gets Us
Old 08-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #637
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Postering for money. My preference would be to have Bruce and dan to meet with him and move some guarantee money into this year. Just talk to him

I think Bruce is digging in...with no communication and that’s where I have the problem
This happens ALL THE TIME in these situations. Please don't make me defend Bruce Allen.

I have no problem with the team digging in and calling Trent's bluff, this happens a lot in these situations. A lot of crap is going to come up from both sides, but once again: this happen in these situations.

My only request for the team is to make a quicker decision to move on from him, I don't want another Cousins situation. Especially if it is made clear that he doesn't want to play here (like Cousins did).

We just also need to have the right situation though, if some team's LT goes down, we'll be in a good position to trade him.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-08-2019, 05:36 PM   #638
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Trade him if the reports are true. Trading sooner is better than later....
Old 08-08-2019, 10:54 PM   #639
los panda
Pro Bowl

If the best we can get for him is something in the ball park of 5th or 6th rd pick, I say put him on the Reserve/Did Not Report list and leave him there to rot.

T Willy, we all hate the front office but we still love the team. Come on, Dawg.

Fuck!
Old 08-08-2019, 11:02 PM   #640
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If the skins need any more proof of why TW is our MVP, watch the first few drives tonight. Yikes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2019, 11:42 PM   #641
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
If the best we can get for him is something in the ball park of 5th or 6th rd pick, I say put him on the Reserve/Did Not Report list and leave him there to rot.

T Willy, we all hate the front office but we still love the team. Come on, Dawg.

Fuck!
If Trent is willing to honor the last 2 years of his contract, then they should be able to get 2 or 3 high picks. A 2nd and 3rd in 2020 and a 3rd in 2021. NE would do that in a heartbeat and Trent probably love a chance at winning a Superbowl.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:40 AM   #642
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
If Trent is willing to honor the last 2 years of his contract, then they should be able to get 2 or 3 high picks. A 2nd and 3rd in 2020 and a 3rd in 2021. NE would do that in a heartbeat and Trent probably love a chance at winning a Superbowl.
I would do that in a heartbeat at this point but I'd be surprised if the return is that juicy.

He'll probably insist on a more lucrative extension.

Sent from a payphone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2019, 01:40 AM   #643
Warthog
The Starter

We need him in the OL, badly. Make a quick decision and either pay him the money or trade him. But with BA running this show, this will probably turn into another K. Cousins debacle. He’s one of the few elite players on this team- keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 08-09-2019, 08:21 AM   #644
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
You are not getting that for a guy who misses 1/4 of the games at his age. One second round pick will be the max.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #645
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You are not getting that for a guy who misses 1/4 of the games at his age. One second round pick will be the max.
I would take that quickly. I have a feeling a team would part with a 3rd, but a 2nd is going to be more challenging. BA better be on the phones. Trent is not playing for us this year and maybe ever again.
Closed Thread