Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-08-2021, 03:22 PM   #616
nonniey
The Starter

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
That is a great question. I honestly don’t know. I like Hogan for the Republican nomination but like nonniey said I don’t think he would get the nomination. If he was a politician in my home state he would have a D next to his name. Ideally I want an environmental conservative but that seems to be toxic at the national level
Environmental Conservative??? Is this someone who is environmental friendly but uses common sense when it comes to energy issues (ie supports clean fossil fuel efforts, US development of fossil fuels instead of forcing them to be developed by dirtier countries(Keystone) etc?)
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-08-2021, 05:05 PM   #617
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
DeSantis has done a good job, and that’s why the national media hates him. .
Bull shit chico...................

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...m-ron-desantis

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...eatment-493646

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=9b2f0813bd5b

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/...-records-again

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/135-ch...zation-record/

https://www.floridatrend.com/article...ized-for-covid
Old 08-08-2021, 09:42 PM   #618
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Identity politics on the left and personality cults on the right. Everyone in the middle loses.

Nailed it.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #619
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Did anyone catch the main event Friday night on Bill Mahar? Shapiro has become the strongest conservative thinker in the modern era. I think his ability to avoid the Trump obsessed side of the gop as well as national media and Dems..to simply talk thru issues and point out the failures of Democratic policies as well as the media disparity of coverage is really something to watch.

Of course his fast talking cadence is annoying and will cause me to laugh, he is constantly trying to get in every side and point of a issue. He is a brilliant guy
Ben Shapiro Embarrasses Himself on ‘Real Time with Bill Maher’

The right-wing troll even boasted, “I will comfort myself tonight by sleeping on my bed made of money.”
Old 08-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #620
MTK
\m/

Old 08-09-2021, 10:45 AM   #621
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
florida delta cases rising faster than others, yet some dope doesn't take that shit seriously and still hosts all his friends and supporters at his compound down there - most of them probably unvaccinated too (and the ones that are vaccinated are probably shitting on the vaccine in public so as to not offend their supporters)

what a clown
ftfy
Old 08-09-2021, 10:48 AM   #622
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
DeSantis has done a good job, and that’s why the national media hates him.

The national media started last year testing out future targets after trump lost the election. They tested McConnell…he doesn’t move the needle and has the ability to quietly feed the national media criticism back to them with single points ie killing the filibuster, packing the court etc.

The media then tested Tucker and had some success raising national hate campaign against him. Because that’s why they do this: to lie and run like a opposition campaign so people will hate him. Ie Kavenaugh…Covington Kids. These were campaign of hate against innocent folks who weren’t even politicians. That’s really something to think about.

Now DeSantis has been at the forefront of the media campaign of hate for the last 3 months. And it’s picked up steam simply because of the delta variant which has caused cases to rise everywhere…some places at a higher rate…Oregon,mass, Delaware per cap per million. But the reason DeSantis is hated mainly is because he’s governor extremely well for his state. If your position is he hasn’t, then you are partsian clown and completely wrong.
DeSantis has done such a good job apparently.

I guess we're not counting available hospital beds in the great job he's done.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #623
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

The right-wing troll even boasted, “I will comfort myself tonight by sleeping on my bed made of money.”
As someone who doesn't sleep on a bed of money on any night - I am interested in Shapiro's lecture and would like to learn more.

If all I gotta do is say masks are more authoritarian than trying to stop the electoral process from happening - well I guess I need to become the next to sell out.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #624
SunnySide
Playmaker

SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:36 AM   #625
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Environmental Conservative??? Is this someone who is environmental friendly but uses common sense when it comes to energy issues (ie supports clean fossil fuel efforts, US development of fossil fuels instead of forcing them to be developed by dirtier countries(Keystone) etc?)
Why is it always energy issues that republicans are so worried about? Clean fossil fuels? a bit oxymoronic but I would be in favor of natural gas production. Keystone is a joke, a grand total of a couple dozen long term jobs, no impact on our gas prices. Prior to my current job I worked on the EIS for some national and regional pipelines they are a racket that benefits the production companies and politicians only.

You find me a Republican (or a non progressive democrat for that matter) that will eliminate coal, create a more than fair economic package for the coal workers (not the corporations) for the impact to their current career, would be willing to move keystone off of native lands, internalize the health and environmental costs of petroleum and eliminate the 14% federally guaranteed profits that companies get just for building a pipeline through FERC and I would be more than interested at looking at where they stand on other issues.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:41 AM   #626
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
wtf man? GI "bubba" Joe? Gun culture is so cringe

Finger on the trigger while on the phone FFS
Old 08-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #627
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Marlow Stern….lololol “senior entertainment editor”

Imagine me even considering this clown a viable opinion. The guy is a complete joke even in his safe space industry.

Shapiro embarrassed Nance and actually played nice at first. But with Shap, once you go insults he throws down the gauntlet and went full nuclear

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:53 AM   #628
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Why is it always energy issues that republicans are so worried about? Clean fossil fuels? a bit oxymoronic but I would be in favor of natural gas production. Keystone is a joke, a grand total of a couple dozen long term jobs, no impact on our gas prices. Prior to my current job I worked on the EIS for some national and regional pipelines they are a racket that benefits the production companies and politicians only.

You find me a Republican (or a non progressive democrat for that matter) that will eliminate coal, create a more than fair economic package for the coal workers (not the corporations) for the impact to their current career, would be willing to move keystone off of native lands, internalize the health and environmental costs of petroleum and eliminate the 14% federally guaranteed profits that companies get just for building a pipeline through FERC and I would be more than interested at looking at where they stand on other issues.
The Nixon nuclear plan would have reduced emissions substantially. We would beat bench marks 20 years ago.

Also…have you seen the China chart of coal plants planned out? And what are in use now?

When it’s comes to the environment, tell me what we need to do to stop China..the genocide, plague creating shithole it is

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #629
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Well just looked at the debate on CRT from that show and ...... it really seems to me that it was Malcolm Nance that embarrassed himself and not so much Shapiro. Malcolm was acting like a petulant child.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:01 PM   #630
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Marlow Stern….lololol “senior entertainment editor”

Imagine me even considering this clown a viable opinion. The guy is a complete joke even in his safe space industry.

Shapiro embarrassed Nance and actually played nice at first. But with Shap, once you go insults he throws down the gauntlet and went full nuclear
I don't need anyone to tell me Shapiro is a cringe troll, but that's the only article I found about that episode.