Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome Carson Wentz

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Initial reaction to trading for Carson Wentz?
Love it 8 12.12%
Hate it 17 25.76%
Don't love it, don't hate it 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2022, 08:54 AM   #616
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

The OL sucked yesterday but Wentz also cant hold on to the ball for fucking 4 seconds, that's common QB knowledge

Advertisements
Old 09-26-2022, 07:36 PM   #617
PorkSkins
Playmaker

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/st...Cg4c_Jp9krAAAA

https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL/s...C-6d-g19krAAAA
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:03 PM   #618
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'll provide you guys with Mark Bullock's wrapup of the 9 sack analysis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bullock
Overall it was a collective failure from the offense that resulted in the nine sacks from the Eagles. There were some sacks that resulted from predictable play calls and no receivers getting open, others were the result of the quarterback not getting rid of the ball or stepping up enough to avoid the edge rushers. But the offensive line as a unit was clearly not good enough throughout the game. Cosmi struggled at right tackle, as did Norwell at left guard. Turner got beat a few times early on in the game at right guard and Schweitzer has some struggles at center too. It was a poor performance across the board from a unit that has been a strength of this team the past few years. Offensive line coach John Matsko and needs to work with Scott Turner to clean up a number of issues with this group after a poor start to the season. They’ll need to do so quickly too, as next week Washington faces Micah Parsons and the Dallas Cowboys.
TLDR: Total offensive failure, from the offensive line, to Wentz, to Scott Turner = 9 sacks (first 8 from 4-man rushes).

Matsko has work to do.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:19 PM   #619
calia
Playmaker

I guess losing Flowers and Scherff hurt more than we thought it would. Going to be a long season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2022, 11:02 PM   #620
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'll provide you guys with Mark Bullock's wrapup of the 9 sack analysis:

TLDR: Total offensive failure, from the offensive line, to Wentz, to Scott Turner = 9 sacks (first 8 from 4-man rushes).

Matsko has work to do.

Our coaches can work all they want, but when you aren’t as smart as the other coaches it doesn’t matter. Throw in lesser talent because of a coach who isn’t as smart as other gm’s and ya get shit on a stick.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:15 PM   #621
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We're gonna get sacked 9 more times by Dallas. It's going to be ugly.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:27 PM   #622
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

After watching the MNF game, my faith in winning is even lower now against Dallas. Rush looks good enough and their D is gonna beat the shit out of our OL.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:24 AM   #623
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
After watching the MNF game, my faith in winning is even lower now against Dallas. Rush looks good enough and their D is gonna beat the shit out of our OL.

If you look at our schedule coming up most of the teams we would have a shot against we play on the road. We just might be starting down the barrel of a whole bunch of L’s. And it’s probably good, because another 7-10 season might not get this staff shit canned. Right now I honestly think we win 4-6 games. 6 might be wishful thinking.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:17 AM   #624
SunnySide
Playmaker

Mark Bullock is the best, it was $5 a month last year .. if we were a better team Id do it again

Id say its 70% O line and 30% Wentz on Sunday. To many OL guys getting beat 1 on 1 quickly.

Bu this was the concern going in ... O line has benefited from a quick passing scheme and screens for 2 years now.

What happens when they have to hold up for longer?

What happens when you bring in Wentz, who gives us the down field ability, but also is not an ideal quick pass QB?

--------

I thought the pass pro was going to be an issue ... BUT I DIDNT EXPECT IT TO BE AN ISSUE AGAINST A 4 MAN FUCKING RUSH!

If we cant block 4 guys ... you cant run an NFL playbook. They get to drop 7 in coverage taking away the quick hit routes and get pressure within 3 seconds only rushing 4???
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:17 AM   #625
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Mark Bullock is the best, it was $5 a month last year .. if we were a better team Id do it again

Id say its 70% O line and 30% Wentz on Sunday. To many OL guys getting beat 1 on 1 quickly.

Bu this was the concern going in ... O line has benefited from a quick passing scheme and screens for 2 years now.

What happens when they have to hold up for longer?

What happens when you bring in Wentz, who gives us the down field ability, but also is not an ideal quick pass QB?

--------

I thought the pass pro was going to be an issue ... BUT I DIDNT EXPECT IT TO BE AN ISSUE AGAINST A 4 MAN FUCKING RUSH!

If we cant block 4 guys ... you cant run an NFL playbook. They get to drop 7 in coverage taking away the quick hit routes and get pressure within 3 seconds only rushing 4???
He has good content but that dude is a bitch, I retweeted on of his clips a few years ago and he got all butt hurt and was like "Post your own work" LMAO Fuck that dude but yeah anyway we suck and it ain't getting better folks
Old 09-27-2022, 11:51 AM   #626
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He has good content but that dude is a bitch, I retweeted on of his clips a few years ago and he got all butt hurt and was like "Post your own work" LMAO Fuck that dude but yeah anyway we suck and it ain't getting better folks
I thought re-tweets were good for the original poster? Fuck, social media is the dumbest shit ever hoisted on mankind.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:57 AM   #627
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I thought re-tweets were good for the original poster? Fuck, social media is the dumbest shit ever hoisted on mankind.
Yeah me too but clearly he didn't care for it... O well
Old 09-27-2022, 12:15 PM   #628
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think past few years hes been freelance .. used to be with the Athletic and Wash Post. Now the guy has been trying to make a buck last couple of years.

I imagine being a sports writer is a tough business to make consistent decent money. I dont think the Bullock household is bringing in the dough.

I really like his breakdowns, does a good objective job. I did the substack thing last year really just to toss him a few bucks and try and help with his subscriber numbers.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:53 PM   #629
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think past few years hes been freelance .. used to be with the Athletic and Wash Post. Now the guy has been trying to make a buck last couple of years.

I imagine being a sports writer is a tough business to make consistent decent money. I dont think the Bullock household is bringing in the dough.

I really like his breakdowns, does a good objective job. I did the substack thing last year really just to toss him a few bucks and try and help with his subscriber numbers.

I respect that and maybe he was just having a bad day , i actually think the dude is great at what he does but that rubbed me wrong for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2022, 01:58 PM   #630
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

+1

I liked his work with the Athletic and felt it was good enough to pay for the breakdowns - didn't cancel this year so I'm still getting them too.