Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 06-10-2020, 04:32 PM   #601
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Kids are weird.

I love my kid, love hanging with her, we are best friends and some of the best coronavirus stay-at-home days have been with her vs when I dont have her ... but man .... I definitely do a little happy dance inside around 10 pm or so when she goes to bed and I dont have to deal with that demanding asshole for about 10 hours.

Advertisements
Old 06-11-2020, 10:16 AM   #602
MTK
\m/

U.S. Hits 2 Million Coronavirus Cases As Many States See A Surge Of Patients
Old 06-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #603
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol...no mention of protests?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:42 AM   #604
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

My wife and I couldn't be farther apart on dealing with this and it has been a challenge.

This has really freaked her out to the point we are still staying at home and not interacting with people. I am freaked out because this social isolation is not health for the kids and state my concerns but we can't get on the same page.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #605
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
My wife and I couldn't be farther apart on dealing with this and it has been a challenge.

This has really freaked her out to the point we are still staying at home and not interacting with people. I am freaked out because this social isolation is not health for the kids and state my concerns but we can't get on the same page.
I mean this in all due respect to you and mean to not offend you in any way:

Have you suggested to your wife that she get a mental health consultation?

The lockdowns and quarantines are all affecting everyone differently but we can all agree that mental health does not need to be ignored right now. Everyday people who seemed "normal" might be getting pushed to their limits right now.

It is healthy to take necessary personal protections to go about your day to day life, but what you are describing is not healthy. It could only get worse if no action is taken. For the well being of you and your family please at least consider it. Again, all due respect, and good luck to you.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #606
SunnySide
Playmaker

I know I am corona fatigued. I’ve been following the basic approach - wear mask inside public places, don’t touch door handles or key pads with fingers, wipe down things from grocery store and not go out unless it’s the grocery store or immediate family.

We’ve started to eat out a bit more.

I’m looking to go to the beach for a day in a few weeks.

Being worried about the corona is not a bad or irrational thing imo. That asshole is raging right now.

Thank god it is not deadlier but we should be around 125k US deaths soon. 200k plus seems to be a sure thing at this point.

Social distancing and masks have worked and are working. Without that .... yesh.

But it’s real hard to stay as vigilant today as it was 3 months ago.

Continue to stay safe
Old 06-15-2020, 11:44 AM   #607
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

No offense taken SS84, mental health is something we should be more openly talking about in the U.S. than we do. I also might have painted too extreme of a picture we go to parks, bike, hike and tube down the local river but having other people over or having our kids/family go to their house is not something she is comfortable with. As is such I feel they are not getting the socializing they need.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:56 AM   #608
SunnySide
Playmaker

I guess States are just completely ignoring the "phasing guidlelines" set out by the CDC and WH. I get it, we are all fatigued. I feel bad for places like Georgia bc they shut down when it wasnt hitting them hard in their area yet .. and now they have shut down fatigue and are reopening ... right when its their turn to get the spike.

It was supposed to be 14 days of downward trajectory before States could move to phase 1, 2 weeks = phase 2, 3 weeks = phase 3.

Georgia, Arizona, Arkansas and others are having their highest spikes in numbers but are just ignoring the "guidelines".

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

------------------------------

I read an article that thinks we wont see decreases until 70% of the population gets it.

Guess thats where we are headed.

Good thing its not deadlier.

------------

Trying to find plexiglass sneeze guards for my office so all employees can come to work and we dont have to stagger .. but they are all out until early August.

Hopefully I can find some clear plastic to make my own I guess. I should have foreseen this a few months ago.

--------------------

Baltimore Skin - i think each family should come up with their own plan ... mine, we arent having friends over, we are not going to other peoples houses. We stick to mostly immediate family. Sounds a lot like yours. We are starting to ease up a bit.

Kids not socializing is a concern for me as well. She would normally be outside shooting water guns and digging holes with the neighborhood kids. Going to ballet, going to BJJ, pool parties etc.

its tough.

it sucks.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:34 PM   #609
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I guess States are just completely ignoring the "phasing guidlelines" set out by the CDC and WH. I get it, we are all fatigued. I feel bad for places like Georgia bc they shut down when it wasnt hitting them hard in their area yet .. and now they have shut down fatigue and are reopening ... right when its their turn to get the spike.

It was supposed to be 14 days of downward trajectory before States could move to phase 1, 2 weeks = phase 2, 3 weeks = phase 3.

Georgia, Arizona, Arkansas and others are having their highest spikes in numbers but are just ignoring the "guidelines".

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

------------------------------

I read an article that thinks we wont see decreases until 70% of the population gets it.

Guess thats where we are headed.

Good thing its not deadlier.

------------

Trying to find plexiglass sneeze guards for my office so all employees can come to work and we dont have to stagger .. but they are all out until early August.

Hopefully I can find some clear plastic to make my own I guess. I should have foreseen this a few months ago.

--------------------

Baltimore Skin - i think each family should come up with their own plan ... mine, we arent having friends over, we are not going to other peoples houses. We stick to mostly immediate family. Sounds a lot like yours. We are starting to ease up a bit.

Kids not socializing is a concern for me as well. She would normally be outside shooting water guns and digging holes with the neighborhood kids. Going to ballet, going to BJJ, pool parties etc.

its tough.

it sucks.
Everything i have read and researched on my own also says the same. The lockdowns despite what people thought or wanted, was never designed to last until we got a vaccine. We are slowly getting to the point like MTK mentioned a while back, protect the elderly and most at risk people, and allow everyone else to start getting back to the swing of things.

I originally believed that we would stay shut down completely until we got a vaccine. I also felt that schools and church, etc., would never be able to come back until we did. At least in VA school will never look the same again, but i have had to walk back on a lot of my predictions, thank God.

The pandemic ends three ways: Herd Immunity, which is what we are slowly marching towards, Vaccine (probably still 6 months off), and also when people begin to not fear it as badly and go back to their normal routines, also something we are heading towards.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:32 AM   #610
MTK
\m/

City Enters Phase 4 Of Pretending Coronavirus Over

just gotta laugh
Old 06-16-2020, 11:07 AM   #611
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

“Wall Street Journal reporting nursing and care facilities account for at least 40% of US virus deaths. True toll on the most vulnerable may never be none.“

Crazy...

Also

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGott...27433607815168

Covid testing continues to expand; and the overall national positivity rate remains low.

Also, if you are only doing cumulative cases and not rolling 7 day...you are doing it wayyyy wrong

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 12:21 PM   #612
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm sure you are aware, but you know The Onion is a satire website, right? Just putting that out there because i see so many people on FB post their articles and then get in an uproar believing that it is real news.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:25 PM   #613
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I'm sure you are aware, but you know The Onion is a satire website, right? Just putting that out there because i see so many people on FB post their articles and then get in an uproar believing that it is real news.
Yeah that's why I said you just have to laugh. Satire = funny.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #614
MTK
\m/

Family Left Elderly Grandmother To Die In Nursing Home But Not Like This
Old 06-17-2020, 07:26 PM   #615
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This artical should help when they go to sue the home for neglect.