Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Commanders 2023 Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: How would you address the QB1 situation for 2023?
Swing big in a trade for a veteran 2 3.77%
Trade up in the draft for a top prospect 4 7.55%
See who hits free agency 7 13.21%
Sit tight with Howell 35 66.04%
Other 5 9.43%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2023, 06:14 PM   #601
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Commanders 2023 Off-Season Thread

JP Is like that too most of the time.. It's like the old saying "Misery loves company" Those guys are never happy

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2023, 06:45 PM   #602
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Ron Rivera is the cooler version of Jeff Fisher.

LOL
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 06:48 PM   #603
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Good sign imo. Really think Ron would pull a coup getting him here.

Side note…listening to the Sheehan and Thom podcast about this subject after work now, these guys are whining like little bitches about EB being the choice. Like it’s a problem he would chose here. Sometimes those two are so miserable

Very good sign, and wtf could someone possibly say bad about Bieniemy replacing Scott fucking Turner? Jesus some people are never satisfied.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:30 PM   #604
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
JP Is like that too most of the time.. It's like the old saying "Misery loves company" Those guys are never happy
JP and the Washington Football Talk guys are acting too much like fans and less like journalists. I really find myself skipping some of their segments.

Thank God for John Keim, his podcast is super awesome, extremely informative an objective.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:34 PM   #605
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I sometimes listen to JP & BMitch in the mornings while I'm working. BMitch keeps it real for the most part.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:34 PM   #606
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Very good sign, and wtf could someone possibly say bad about Bieniemy replacing Scott fucking Turner? Jesus some people are never satisfied.
For some reason a lot of people in the local media act like they've never heard of coach speak. JP for example keeps harping on the RR comments after Turner was fired, about wanting to run the ball more (which was purely coach speak) and how that contrasts in hiring someone like EB.

I'm like, yeah you can say all about running the ball, but if a talented coach becomes available, you take that opportunity.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:19 PM   #607
That Guy
Living Legend

we're lucky anyone wants to be here with the ownership situation and unproven low-round qb on deck (with a bad OL). We paid the Gibbs staff (w/ saunders/grilliams) billions of dollars, so I sure hope the salary isn't a hangup. No cap impact, so who cares?

on the plus side, always a chance the ownership situation could give you a HC shot, and the WRs/RBs are actually good (as well as the defense, which means you can win without having your inexperienced QB throwing 400 yards a game).
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:34 PM   #608
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If Skins fans or commentators are bitching about possibly getting a 2 time super bowl champion as an O.C., I don't really know what to say. Bienemy as O.C. would be an absolute coup for us. It's just asinine that people wouldn't accept him. Doesn't have to be your No. 1 option, but to act like it's a bad hire is ridiculous.

Andy Reid is a HOF lock. No way he keeps someone around for no reason, and no way Bienemy didn't learn an absolute shit ton from Reid on how to run a team, let alone to call an offense.

Hire that man.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 12:13 AM   #609
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If Skins fans or commentators are bitching about possibly getting a 2 time super bowl champion as an O.C., I don't really know what to say. Bienemy as O.C. would be an absolute coup for us. It's just asinine that people wouldn't accept him. Doesn't have to be your No. 1 option, but to act like it's a bad hire is ridiculous.

Andy Reid is a HOF lock. No way he keeps someone around for no reason, and no way Bienemy didn't learn an absolute shit ton from Reid on how to run a team, let alone to call an offense.

Hire that man.
Back up the effing brings truck I say
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 08:54 AM   #610
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Hire that man.
EB wouldn’t be a bad hire necessarily but I do think there are some legit questions about why he would come here and why he’s been passed over repeatedly by other teams. We’ve had countless moves over the years that looked like slam dunks and ended up being complete duds. If we hire him I’ll be in wait and see mode.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:03 AM   #611
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
EB wouldn’t be a bad hire necessarily but I do think there are some legit questions about why he would come here and why he’s been passed over repeatedly by other teams. We’ve had countless moves over the years that looked like slam dunks and ended up being complete duds. If we hire him I’ll be in wait and see mode.
If he was hired for HC, I'd be more concerned with the stuff you mentioned. But I think he's absolutely earned the right to be hired somewhere as an O.C. And we aren't going to get a clearly better candidate.

Wait and see makes sense. I think that makes sense with anyone that comes here. Definitely no guarantee he will be a great O.C. But a worthy bet imo.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:08 AM   #612
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
For some reason a lot of people in the local media act like they've never heard of coach speak. JP for example keeps harping on the RR comments after Turner was fired, about wanting to run the ball more (which was purely coach speak) and how that contrasts in hiring someone like EB.

I'm like, yeah you can say all about running the ball, but if a talented coach becomes available, you take that opportunity.
Sheehan keeps harping on it too. Plenty of legit gripes to have about RR, wish they’d move on from some throwaway comments in a presser. That said RR would benefit from saying less at times, he definitely likes to hear himself talk.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:20 AM   #613
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Eric Bickel
@EBJunkies
Obviously looks like this is going to happen.

This is a bizarrely insane upside down inverted lateral backwards move by Bieniemy IMO.

But a great get by Ron. Have to give him credit. It provides a little hope for the fans. Even if it doesnt work at least there is some hope.

LOL This ass clown too always negative
Old 02-17-2023, 09:29 AM   #614
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So funny to watch the narrative change….it’s unjust that EB can’t get this or that job to there is some serious questions about EB, what kinda of person is he that he would want to come to Washington?

Hilarious

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:30 AM   #615
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So funny to watch the narrative change….it’s unjust that EB can’t get this or that job to there is some serious questions about EB, what kinda of person is he that he would want to come to Washington?

Hilarious
Yep if he was in Dallas right now the media would say they are going to the SB next yr