Our next coach??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #586
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Um, I thought Mooch was offered the job just after Zorn was picked up as OC and Mooch said "no thanks". Basically said he was taking his name out of contention. Maybe it was because of the shell game Cerrato was playing forcing an OC on someone but still he refused the job. I also don't think he would handle Snyder very well or our prima dona's. We need some one who is a disciplinarian. Someone strong willed. Definitly not a players type HC who will simpathize and coddle our players.
I don't remember Mooch being offered the job (or even interviewing for it), but i suppose its possible. No one with any sense would coach a team that had already picked its entire coaching staff. The exception would be Fassel, who reportedly recommended Zorn as OC. (And as much as I dislike Fassel, i have no doubts that this team would be in a better position than it is now if he had been hired.) Anyway, I'd think Mooch would go anywhere if he hiring process was "normal" and he'd get to pick his own staff.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #587
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
personally, i think the rumor is bogus. Snyder could be staying late at the park to woo his mistress or work on something else. There's simply no reason why he'd be staying late at the park when, if he really wanted to be secretive, he would be making the calls from his home or another location.
I threw it out there cause it was being discussed yesterday on the radio. DS may have been calling all the PKers to make sure they could come in or making plane arrangements for them. Who knows.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #588
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
I don't remember Mooch being offered the job (or even interviewing for it), but i suppose its possible. No one with any sense would coach a team that had already picked its entire coaching staff. The exception would be Fassel, who reportedly recommended Zorn as OC. (And as much as I dislike Fassel, i have no doubts that this team would be in a better position than it is now if he had been hired.) Anyway, I'd think Mooch would go anywhere if he hiring process was "normal" and he'd get to pick his own staff.
I was pretty sure Mooch was brought in for an interview or pulled his name out of the hat prior to. No he was not offered the job. Several people were lined up for interviews and I think he was one of them.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #589
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

the dcsportsbog tweeted:
Zorn, on if bringing in Sherm Lewis was a good move: "That's a bad question, sorry. I wouldn't answer that question."

I would like to know the context of the question, and who asked, but man that's gotta be like twisting a knife in Zorn's back. He certainly could have answered with a plain, we have put up more points type answer. And I don't see how it's a "bad question"
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #590
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
the dcsportsbog tweeted:
Zorn, on if bringing in Sherm Lewis was a good move: "That's a bad question, sorry. I wouldn't answer that question."

I would like to know the context of the question, and who asked, but man that's gotta be like twisting a knife in Zorn's back. He certainly could have answered with a plain, we have put up more points type answer. And I don't see how it's a "bad question"
kevin sheehan asked it on the jim zorn show today on espn980 - honestly, there was really not context to it. I was only half-paying attention because it was pretty boring, but i'm pretty sure kevin just asked the question and zorn didnt answer. Honestly, how could he? he'd either 1) be lying, or 2) admitting he sucks at his job.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #591
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
kevin sheehan asked it on the jim zorn show today on espn980 - honestly, there was really not context to it. I was only half-paying attention because it was pretty boring, but i'm pretty sure kevin just asked the question and zorn didnt answer. Honestly, how could he? he'd either 1) be lying, or 2) admitting he sucks at his job.
That's fine, but I don't see that saying it is a stupid question is an appropriate response. It is a fair question to ask what his thoughts on it are, and if he wants to be the "straight shooter" that he was at the beginning, he could come out and say if he has learned anything over the last weeks that makes him a better HC going forward. There is nothing wrong with giving Lewis props, he was a very good coach in his time, and dismissing the question was not any better of a choice than 1) or 2) Just easier
Old 12-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #592
53Fan
Franchise Player

I'm pretty sure Zorn believes the difference has been execution, not playcalling. I'm not saying he's right, but I think that's what he believes. He mentioned after the game the exact same play getting different results, once when he called it, once when Lewis called it.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #593
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
I take curtain #2, Bob.

Which is why I have no idea why people still want to keep him around for "continuity"?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #594
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I was pretty sure Mooch was brought in for an interview or pulled his name out of the hat prior to. No he was not offered the job. Several people were lined up for interviews and I think he was one of them.
Mariucci and Cerrato I believe are pretty tight...but anyway Mooch basically threw himself at the Redskins to interview with them for the Redskins job. Not so much to take the job (because he's really not interested in leaving the West Coast) but to stay relevant when it comes to talking about head coaches.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #595
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
yeah i remember that. i think he was down in AZ for the superbowl doing tv network stuff and he was approached by the skins. of course we were approaching everybody then, which is understandable when your trying to put together a field of potential HCs.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #596
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
the dcsportsbog tweeted:

And let me backtrack on the play-calling. I feel really good about how Sherm Lewis is performing. If we’re all responsible for certain issues and certain things, he’s doing a wonderful job. I evade those questions because it has to do with me as well. But I don’t have any negative thoughts or anything about how he’s working our program. It’s going very well with the way it’s organized.”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sp...-78785212.html
Old 12-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #597
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Thanks SS, He also said:
On if he’s learned anything from watching Lewis call plays: “It’s his mix."

I went off the Tweet, should have read the whole article.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #598
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Still, its good to know that Zorn realizes he sucks. He certainly has no place on this team in 2010 and it looks like he knows it.

Quote:
Shaun has performed very well. I'm sure when I talk to him ... I know he'll just be, you know, upset, and he should be. But then yet there's an accountability there. We'll all end up being accountable for our season. No question about it.
However, with each passing game, i'm becoming more and more comfortable with the idea of Campbell as QB and Sherm Lewis as OC next year (as a backup plan, of course).
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #599
dmek25
MVP

does anyone really know if Lewis wants to get back to a full time job?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #600
Eknox
Impact Rookie

Is Blache going to come back? Or will we be looking for a DC also?
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote