Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL WK 12

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-28-2022, 02:50 PM   #46
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Around the NFL WK 12

Logan Paulsen made some good predictions

Jags win over Ravens (outright .. but said this would be good loss for Ravens, chance to refocus)

Mike White (jets qb) would light it up. 315 yds, 3 tds, 0 int, 149 qb rating

Logan and Craig Hoffman are really good pre game discussions and Xs and Os on the radio. I save errands/grocery store trip pre game so I get to listen to them.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2022, 09:30 PM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Colts were so much better with Wentz under center. This offense is hard to watch.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:45 PM   #48
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

A great rundown on Russell Wilson and his issues.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...les-blame-next

Quote:
I will say there's one element of Wilson's game that slowed in 2021 and has continued to be off the pace in 2022: his mobility. He scrambled for nearly 28 yards per game in 2020, a figure that dropped by more than half to 11.5 yards per game in 2021. He has been effective when he has chosen to scramble this season, but he doesn't take that choice often, as he's averaging only 12.5 scramble yards per game.
I said early on when RW lost a step, his game would drop off dramatically. Many of the QBs that make a living off their mobility usually crash and burn around that 31-33 age range. You saw McNabb was out of the league by 33( and so is Cam Newton).This isn't to say this is entirely RW's fault as he didn't have that great of pass protection in Seattle and made/extended plays with his mobility. However, it seemed he never adapted to maintaining being in the pocket over those years because it shows now that he's not running as much.

Quote:
I defined quick game as passes out of the pocket delivered within 2.5 seconds of the snap. Here, Wilson has been consistently below average. Among qualifying passers, he ranked 23rd in the NFL in quick game QBR in 2020, 24th in 2021 and now is 25th in 2022. I don't think anyone expects this to become a strong suit in Wilson's game anytime soon, but it is something we often see older quarterbacks excel with as they grow more experienced and pick apart defenses before the snap.
This is the most important quality from a QB in my opinion. The quick game. Brady has excelled at it his entire career. Nickel and Diming the defenses 5-10 yards at a time setting up the long ball later on. These kinds of QBs will last 15+ years as compared to 7-9 years from the mobile QBs. This is why I"m a firm believer in drafting a QB with a pro-style college offense or preparing to sit any other QB on the bench for 1-2 years at the very least. I still laugh at all these fucking idiots that were clamoring for us to give up the farm (yet again) for a washed up Russell Wilson. I'm glad lil Danny didn't pull the trigger.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:21 PM   #49
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The Colts were so much better with Wentz under center. This offense is hard to watch.
I've kinda been rooting for the Colts ever since Crazy Irsay went off on Snyder. The enemy of my enemy....
Old 11-28-2022, 10:26 PM   #50
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson having a competition for who can suck the most.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:39 PM   #51
calia
Playmaker

Wilson wins that hands down -- given what the Broncos gave up for him. They'll regret it for years to come. I confess I am surprised at how dramatic the falloff has been.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:48 PM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
A great rundown on Russell Wilson and his issues.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...les-blame-next

I said early on when RW lost a step, his game would drop off dramatically. Many of the QBs that make a living off their mobility usually crash and burn around that 31-33 age range. You saw McNabb was out of the league by 33( and so is Cam Newton).This isn't to say this is entirely RW's fault as he didn't have that great of pass protection in Seattle and made/extended plays with his mobility. However, it seemed he never adapted to maintaining being in the pocket over those years because it shows now that he's not running as much.

This is the most important quality from a QB in my opinion. The quick game. Brady has excelled at it his entire career. Nickel and Diming the defenses 5-10 yards at a time setting up the long ball later on. These kinds of QBs will last 15+ years as compared to 7-9 years from the mobile QBs. This is why I"m a firm believer in drafting a QB with a pro-style college offense or preparing to sit any other QB on the bench for 1-2 years at the very least. I still laugh at all these fucking idiots that were clamoring for us to give up the farm (yet again) for a washed up Russell Wilson. I'm glad lil Danny didn't pull the trigger.
Interesting with the 33 years old…it’s true how fast MCNab and Cam fell off…now Russ 34. Window closing sooner as that element goes with age/risks injuries.

Thing in todays game, you still need an athletic QB. The tall, in the pocket statues not really working either. Gotta be have that scramble, off script element.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:53 PM   #53
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Wilson has fallen off a cliff. The grass isn't greener in Denver.

Matt Ryan is just so slow. He can still throw short and mid range when he has time but that's it. The lack of mobility just kills him.

Pickett is looking more and more like he is going to be the Steelers starter for a long time.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:04 PM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Wilson has fallen off a cliff. The grass isn't greener in Denver.

Matt Ryan is just so slow. He can still throw short and mid range when he has time but that's it. The lack of mobility just kills him.

Pickett is looking more and more like he is going to be the Steelers starter for a long time.
Wilson diva bs ain’t working in Denver, his teammates ain’t putting up with his shit he did in Seattle.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:15 PM   #55
calia
Playmaker

Man, the Colts are a disaster.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:13 AM   #56
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Wilson diva bs ain’t working in Denver, his teammates ain’t putting up with his shit he did in Seattle.
Apparently not. Saw one of his teammates went off on him yesterday. Crazy story. When is Hackett getting fired? Someone told me recently that LaFleur called plays for GB last year not Hackett. Rough year for Denver and that Wilson contract is going to hamstring them for a while.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 02:03 AM   #57
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
. I'm glad lil Danny didn't pull the trigger.
He would have, if Wilson had expressed the slightest interest in coming here Dan would have given up the farm. It was not some kind of sanity from Dan
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:23 AM   #58
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson having a competition for who can suck the most.
Matt Ryan really needs to retire after this season. Aaron Rodgers too. Tom Brady too. These old heads need to just give up, they're shitting on their legacies at this point.

If Russ Wilson can't figure out how to become a chef again he probably has another 2 years max. I think the Broncos might legit consider paying 50 million in dead cap next year to get rid of him.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:49 AM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
They put up with it in Seattle because they were winning, last yr they dumped him asap
Old 11-29-2022, 09:29 AM   #60
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
When you start losing everyone sees through his fake bullshit... "let ride!" What a tool. So glad we didn't sign him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote