Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

skins eagles postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #46
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: skins eagles postgame

Well season is over. I hope the team can rebound from this sh*tty season. Having some money to spend is going to go a long way IMO. We need new coordinators, but more importantly, we need good players. Our o-line is non-existent, and that's going to get RG3 killed.

Since I don't have a hard on hatred for Shanny like some people here, I wouldn't be opposed to him returning. But it wouldn't surprised me if he is done. Like any HC, Shanny has done both good things and bad things. And even if things like the cap penalty aren't his fault (that'd be Vinny Cerrato's fault), most of the uninformed masses are not going to see or care about that.

This may sound stupid to some people, but at least we're sucking for somewhat valid reasons (RG3 non-offseason and injury recover; cap penalty). Unfortunately, I think this year we had the perfect storm of the terrible effects of the RG3 injury and the cap penalties, with bad coaching decisions. and our weak areas being exposed (like the offensive line).

We've had worst situations and hopefully we can rebound from them. I hope the cafeteria fans and those that love to "win" internet arguments don't gloat to much.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #47
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Watching SF and NO makes the product Shanny and co put on the field look like pure garbage. Imho.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #48
ram29jackson
Special Teams

impartially speaking, who thought Washington actually had a chance in this game ?

I didn't, the Eagles are clicking in enough areas to be the favorite and that's what happened, no real surprise here
ram29jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #49
ram29jackson
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Watching SF and NO makes the product Shanny and co put on the field look like pure garbage. Imho.
SF sucks and shows that every week. Kaep aint what they thought he was
ram29jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #50
walton71
Camp Scrub

It's hard to watch the Redskins games this season. They are just not that good. RGIII has struggled all year and this game sums up his season so far. Alfred Morris is a beast, but he's taken out of games in the second half. This is the worst defense I've seen the Redskins field in a long time, maybe ever. Through all the terrible years, we had pretty good defenses at least. This game sucked so bad that FOX switched to the Pittsburgh/Detroit game with 8:00 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.
walton71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
People act like it's easy to be like the saints , they have the perfect system for their players and yes Kaep sucks
Old 11-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #52
Green Monk Machine

Anybody think there's any truth to the ref talking shit to Trent during the game?
Green Monk Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #53
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monk Machine View Post
Anybody think there's any truth to the ref talking shit to Trent during the game?
It's interesting, but honestly doesn't impact our W/L record, so who cares? We should all know by now the "real" part-time officials we have are no more professional and little more competent than the "replacement" refs we had during the strike. The officiating this game against both teams being case in point.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #54
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
Yet they'll make him look like Joe Montana, The Niners are good team with an awesome D.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #55
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
I can think of about 25 other teams that give me that same feeling.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #56
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I would be careful of firing Mike mid season. I think Dan has finally showed patience with a head coach and it could send a bad message to potential candidates in the future if he does pull the plug before the end of the season. I understand frustration but a HC change isn't going to turn a season around. The next question I have is who is going to want to HC without the 1st rounder in the draft? I don't know if it will make a difference.
If Raheem Morris is a candidate for HC next season, it makes sense to see what he can do rest of this season with control. But the bigger issue really is the trifecta of suck that is Mike, Kyle and Haslett. The team is already in such a malaise under this trash leadership, you don't want it become so imbedded in the team culture that it carries over to the next season.

Secondly, the Shanahans have shown almost total disregard for the franchise QB they mortgaged OUR future to get. Shanny/knee gate ended last season. How reckless will Mike and his goofy kiddo be trying to salvage their failed project here?? In short, trusting these fucks through the remainder of the season should qualify as criminal negligence on Dan and Bruce.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #57
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monk Machine View Post
Who knows, Trent should be more worried at how he got beat for sacks today.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #58
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
If Raheem Morris is a candidate for HC next season, it makes sense to see what he can do rest of this season with control. But the bigger issue really is the trifecta of suck that is Mike, Kyle and Haslett. The team is already in such a malaise under this trash leadership, you don't want it become so imbedded in the team culture that it carries over to the next season.

Secondly, the Shanahans have shown almost total disregard for the franchise QB they mortgaged OUR future to get. Shanny/knee gate ended last season. How reckless will Mike and his goofy kiddo be trying to salvage their failed project here?? In short, trusting these fucks through the remainder of the season should qualify as criminal negligence on Dan and Bruce.
If Raheem Morris is going to be the head coach regardless fine then go for it, but don't think for once if shit hits the fan next year that he has any confidence in that his position is secure. Shanny traded picks that would only be given away during his tenure, hardly what I would call the future. If you had a crystal ball and could garuntee those picks would be hits instead of misses I would give that to you too, otherwise it is pure speculation and ifs and buts. I do agree that there was recklessness last year on the coaching staffs handling and I think so this year as well. What I am saying is if you want to get the best coach for the team you are not going to fire someone in the middle of the season if you don't think it will bring an improvement. These coaches are a fraternity, they share notes and talk about how they are treated.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #59
redskins5044
Playmaker

If Shanny is fired it would have to come from Bruce's approval, if not then the same ole Redskins. I just don't see Bruce firing Shanny at this point, even at the end of season I dont see it, I can see them moving on from Kyle and Haslett after this season IMO. Who knows though at this point I don't even care. I just don't want Raheem as the HC or even D. Coordinator.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #60
Bushead
Impact Rookie

the defense is an ebarrassment. it sucks to see that london stayed a season too long. Kerrigan and orakpo made foles have to step up in the pocket ovover and over but there was 0 inner pressure.
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote