Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #46
FRPLG
MVP

Re: Donovan McNabb's comments in the Washington Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If McNabb really cared about reaching out to RG3 as a friend he wouldn't be blabbing about this to the media.
right

Advertisements
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #47
firstdown
Living Legend

Sounds like McNabb wants the attention.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #48
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I cant believe Mike Wise hit for the dochebag cycle. First he stands behind rg3 purposely with an indian shirt and then brings an McNabb to take shots at the Skins and RG3 within the same week.

Mike Wise right now holding the Intercontinental Douchebag Championship Belt.

He Gets Us
Old 06-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #49
FRPLG
MVP

Here's what I don't get at all...why I am supposed to give a sh*t about what Mike Wise thinks? Right or wrong at least McNabb was SOMETHING. What the hell has Mike Wise ever been other than a mediocre columnist? Even before when he wasn't being king douche supreme he wasn't like a go to guy for content. I WANT to like him...he seems sorta cool in interviews...but then all this stuff.

BTW...talk about an off season quagmire.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #50
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Hey Tiger....John here.......Ehrrr John Daly dude! Just wanted to lay some info on you about Memorial.......
????????????
Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #51
Skinzman
The Starter

I believe he is making an analogy of John Daly giving advice to Tiger Woods about golf and Donovan McNabb giving advice to RG3 about football.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #52
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
If McNabb really cared about reaching out to RG3 as a friend he wouldn't be blabbing about this to the media.
Thought D.Graziano said it very well: The 'Who Cares?' Files: Donovan McNabb on Robert Griffin III - ESPN

Quote:
1. I don't care, at all, what Donovan McNabb has to say about Robert Griffin III.

2. I am 1,000 percent confident that Griffin doesn't either, and he shouldn't.

3. I don't see why anyone, anywhere would care what McNabb has to say about Griffin, because the first time we heard him on this topic he was both insanely wrong and clearly biased. McNabb's "First Take" appearance last spring, in which he deployed a nakedly obvious grudge against Mike Shanahan to assert that Griffin would be a poor fit for the Redskins' offense, completely deprived him of any credibility on this topic forever.
You can agree or disagree with Shanny's handling of Griffin, but you can't say MS hasn't changed and adapted his offense around Griffin's skills. The "completely deprived him of any credibility on this topic" part of the quote is spot on.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #53
MTK
\m/

Graziano pretty much nails it.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #54
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
You can agree or disagree with Shanny's handling of Griffin, but you can't say MS hasn't changed and adapted his offense around Griffin's skills. The "completely deprived him of any credibility on this topic" part of the quote is spot on.

That statement definitely hit the nail on the head. McNabb has no credibility in this matter and should really just move the hell on. (mike wise as well)

To add salt to the gashing womb, I particularly liked what Rich Campbell had to say as well:

Quote:
"I’m not sure how a former quarterback can rip an organization, have your agent do the same, blast the way the team is going to coach their new quarterback before he even takes a snap, turn out to be totally wrong about that coaching and then expect to the organization to return his phone calls or put any credence in any advice he may want to dish out to that new QB. And then choose a columnist who is not very popular among Redskins fans to deliver the message? Donovan McNabb seems to be the one who is in need to the career advice, not RG3."
The Week That Was: Can Morgan return to form? - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #55
The Goat
Pro Bowl

[QUOTE=Skinzman;1010617]When you show up in a new town and pretty much tell every single person on the team that you have no intention of working for a common goal, that pretty much tells me all I need to know about him.

The one person who respected him, Andy Reid, traded him within the division. Which in sports, is one of the biggest shows of disrespect that one can get. No way he comes to Washington if Reid thinks there is something left in the tank. He was sent from Philly with almost everyone of his team mates and an entire city not even caring enough to say goodbye. They all said good riddens. QUOTE]

I didn't remember McNabb saying anything negative through that season?? What did he say exactly?

To be honest I thought he had some very solid games. What defined that season was the worst defense we'd seen in Washington in I think a decade. I believe we were bottom of the league in most categories. It was atrocious, and 100% the result of Mike blowing up the defense we had. So, if there's a culprit for a shitty season that year, pointing to McNabb is, again, a real cheap shot.

Per the trade, it says just as much about our FO/coaches taking McNabb as it does Reid letting him go. It was obvious he was on the decline. And everyone knew he came from a pass heavy offense to a run heavy offense. So to work it would have taken a lot of adjustment from both sides IMO.

But regardless, defense was the big problem that year, as has been Mike's theme in Washington so far. To pretend otherwise is silly.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #56
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Some hilarious comments I've seen on the various media outlets.

Quote:
McNabb just wants to show him the best way to throw up without hitting your shoes

Quote:
Is Mcnabb going to teach RG3 how to throw his famous bounce-pass?
Quote:
I wish I could be a fly on the wall for this conversation. “Son, let me tell you about the rules for overtime”.

Quote:
It’s a tough pill to swallon when you’re the only one that doesn’t realize that you’re irrelevant.

Regards,
T.O., Ocho Stinko, and Lord Tebow
Quote:
If McNabb is now giving career advice, maybe McNabb can let Ronde Barber pick his brain. Again.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #57
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Hey didn't McNabb play for the Eagles one time? LOL!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #58
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Graziano pretty much nails it.
Yep, read his blog just a bit ago.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #59
skinsfan69
Living Legend

this is why the off season sucks. there is too much media out nowadays that tries to stir shit up to get attention.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #60
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Mike Wise and McNabb, hey don't go away mad just go away. They are both right behind Tommy Lees fanny pack!!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Closed Thread