Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #46
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Less Huff In the Booth

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
shocking, i really thought huff would go the other way
Sam Huff says he wants to keep calling Redskins games | ProFootballTalk
Yeah, I don't know how he can't know that his focus and attention to detail have gotten way below par. Nor how the Skins can let him stay in the booth at all.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #47
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Quite candidly there are few things I detest more about being a Redskins fan than having to listen to Sam Huff. And I'm generally not one to get all carried away with who the announcers are. But Huff is so beyond horrible it's repulsive. For over a decade Frank and Sonny and later Larry and Sonny have been covering for him far more than people realize. That it's radio is no excuse, there were many times when I (and am sure many others) had no other means but the radio broadcast to catch a game.

I totally respect what Sam Huff has meant for not only the Redskins but the NFL as a whole. He changed the game, no question about it. And it's naive to think that his aggressive play didn't at least have some impact on his "inabilities' today. But enought is enough. He 100% must go.
I don't think hes hurting anything, and I listen to at least half the games on the radio. Maybe his horrible game calling has paralleled the atrocities he's seen on the field the last 15 years(-Gibbs 2.0). Maybe RGIII and these boys can breath a little life back into the ol fart!! Lets have three cheers for Sam!!! lol

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #48
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
I don't think hes hurting anything, and I listen to at least half the games on the radio. Maybe his horrible game calling has paralleled the atrocities he's seen on the field the last 15 years(-Gibbs 2.0). Maybe RGIII and these boys can breath a little life back into the ol fart!! Lets have three cheers for Sam!!! lol
Yeah sorry no sympathy from me or excuses for him. He's absolutely awful in the broadcast booth.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Yeah sorry no sympathy from me or excuses for him. He's absolutely awful in the broadcast booth.
They'll eventually have to replace him, if he becomes senile enough that he says something that garners enough attention. I think that's the best shot at this point.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #50
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Quite candidly there are few things I detest more about being a Redskins fan than having to listen to Sam Huff. And I'm generally not one to get all carried away with who the announcers are. But Huff is so beyond horrible it's repulsive. For over a decade Frank and Sonny and later Larry and Sonny have been covering for him far more than people realize. That it's radio is no excuse, there were many times when I (and am sure many others) had no other means but the radio broadcast to catch a game.

I totally respect what Sam Huff has meant for not only the Redskins but the NFL as a whole. He changed the game, no question about it. And it's naive to think that his aggressive play didn't at least have some impact on his "inabilities' today. But enought is enough. He 100% must go.
somthing must be done. i was driving home yesterday trying to listen to some of the game but it's basically unlistenable for me at this point. i don't want to hear my granddad with dementia saying random one liners and everyone else just ignoring him while i'm trying to figure out what is going on. it really sounds like they all three hate each other, there is no flow to the game at all. and to top that off snyder needs to either get some legit broadacsting equipment or more antenna power so you can actually pick up a solid signal. i mean is that really too much to ask? not only do i have to hear sam ramble on about linebacker this linebacker that, i get inturupted by songs breaking in on the signal and that fuzzy am sounding crap. meanwhile you flip the station to 106.7 and charlie and dave have a top notch broadcast of the nats game. if the nats can do it right why the hell can't the skins? it's time for the redskins to revamp the radio broadcast, it's been over due for years now. and don't even get me started on how you can't get a signal in the damn parking lot at fedex. maybe it's time to rasie some money and rent some trucks.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #51
FRPLG
MVP

Snyder's stations are low-power candles while JFK is a flame-thrower signal-wise. It has less to do with equipment and more to do with FCC license. If everyone could set their station up with a mammoth signal they all would but the FCC doesn't let them.

Snyder tried to compensate by buying multiple stations to blanket the region but it is pretty spotty. As long as he wants to own the whole broadcast operation it is going to be like that unless he can pull off swapping his candles for the likes of a JFK. Which costs serious coin. And there aren't a lot of big-signal stations to begin with. Certainly not many with for-sale signs out front.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #52
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Huff to cut back on Redskins broadcast schedule - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Still 12 games too many in my opinion but it's a start

Unless for health reasons the team should look to cut back on Aikmen in the booth before they go after Huff. I'm still baffled as to why FOX could not locate some old Redskins to sit in the booth besides Aikmen on game day.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #53
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I don't get the Aikman hate. To me he seems relatively unbiased and calls a pretty good game. I'm not much of a Joe Buck fan, but Aikman is one of the better Fox announcers in my mind.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #54
RedskinsInNYC
Special Teams

Agree with everything everyone has said about Huff. The bottom line is that he is no longer qualified to be doing radio broadcasts. No reason to get angry with him, but everybody knows it, and it is a fact. Frankly, I think the Redskins Radio brass are doing more of a disservice to Huff's legacy by letting him continue to broadcast than they would by politely asking him to step down.
RedskinsInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #55
skinsfan69
Living Legend

We were late to the game yesterday so I caught the first part of it on 980. Sam is just brutal and even my gf was like.."I can't believe that Sam Huff is still doing the games, he sounds so horrible!" I did notice that Doc was part of the broadcast, I guess he was the on the field reporter. They should just move him up and get rid of Huff asap.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #56
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I don't get the Aikman hate. To me he seems relatively unbiased and calls a pretty good game. I'm not much of a Joe Buck fan, but Aikman is one of the better Fox announcers in my mind.
Loyalty brother. It's all about loyalty. Aikmen is very smart, good commentator, however I wish he was doing that for Dallas not the Skins. I personally don't want some jock strap from Seattle in my booth commontating about our Skins. I'd prefer it be an old Redskin.

To me Aikmen is a Cowboy. Why do I want a Cowboy in the booth during a Redskins game? Has nothing to do with who's the best commentator, it has everything to do with team loyalty and Aikmen was the evil, rival opponant. I don't want to hear him.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #57
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Was listening to the Indy game over the radio with a Philly fan and he was loling the entire trip up. He noted Doc had some horrible one liners, which I've mentioned here before.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

To mildly paraphrase:

Larry Michael: How about Dale Earnhardt Jr. calling that TD just now?! Bet that's a first for a NASCAR Driver

Sam Huff: And my first time shaking hands with one of those from Indianapolis, or wherever they're from. Where do NASCAR drivers come from?
Old 08-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #59
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Unless for health reasons the team should look to cut back on Aikmen in the booth before they go after Huff. I'm still baffled as to why FOX could not locate some old Redskins to sit in the booth besides Aikmen on game day.
The skins have no control over who announces our games that up to FOX. I actually think Aikmen is a good announcer and when they have him with the great Tom Brennaman they make a great team.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #60
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Loyalty brother. It's all about loyalty. Aikmen is very smart, good commentator, however I wish he was doing that for Dallas not the Skins. I personally don't want some jock strap from Seattle in my booth commontating about our Skins. I'd prefer it be an old Redskin.

To me Aikmen is a Cowboy. Why do I want a Cowboy in the booth during a Redskins game? Has nothing to do with who's the best commentator, it has everything to do with team loyalty and Aikmen was the evil, rival opponant. I don't want to hear him.
So you prefer a homer in the booth basically.

As long as the guy in the booth does his job well, which Aikman does, I could care less who he used to played for.