Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #46
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

but I don't think head to head matters in draft slot (i am not sure of that though)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #47
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Draft Slot Tiebreakers

• Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. The team with the lowest strength of schedule percentage wins the tiebreaker and picks ahead of all other teams with the same record.

• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 11-22-2011 at 05:16 PM.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #48
SkinItup
Special Teams

Its true picking higher doesn't guarantee you a better pick, but if you a targeting someone, it does mean it you are more likely to be able to get that person. And personally I think RG3 will succeed as well as Luck. I'm not sold on Jones but he does look good. I don't want to see the skins draft Barkley. He looks like the next rex grossman, plays great some time other times makes awful choices/throws.

credskinsrule- RG3 is getting a masters degree. I don't know how close he is to getting it but if he hasn't finished it could keep him there.
SkinItup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #49
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I agree 100% with the first poster. Seasons done. Time to be competitive and lose, so we get a high draft pick and decide whose really worth keeping.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #50
GusFrerotte

I understand where you are coming from, but the draft is going to be so frigging deep with quality Qbs a top 10 pick would garner us getting a franchise QB, plus a young backup(guys like my fav Dan Persa) in the middle rounds. If the QB pool was very limited I would go along with your reasoning, but this is a list of the top QBs coming out: Luck, Landry, Griffith, Tannehill, Barkely, Keenum, Moore, Foles. I don't think everyone is going to be drafting a QB in the first 10-15 picks so we would be relatively safe in getting one of these guys. I am not impressed with Luck in watching him against his big games against Oregon and USC. He looked above average in them. The best of the above group is Griffith, Barkely, and Tannehill in my opinion and the ones we should target in April. The second tier of decent QBs(Persa, QB from Wisconsin, any QB from the SEC) will go in the second to fourth rounds, so if our FO wanted to indulge themselves with decent backups they could do so. Another thing, losing is very bad for the lockerroom. You have guys like London Fletcher trying his best every game only to lose in the end. We need Fletch to stay at least one more season, if not two. He just might get sick of this stuff and bolt to a contender. He is too old to **** around with a team that might not have a winning record til a few years from now. The same goes for any other decent FA player we have. We have too many holes to fill as is, and losing important pieces will just give us more holes to fill.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:41 AM   #51
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Re: Confession: I want the Skins to lose to Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Yes, I'm a horrible fan because I actually want the Skins to lose to Seattle.

I admit it. But, at least, my motive is as pure as the driven slush. It's because this season is lost, we're finally rebuilding, and I believe that this is the draft class where we will be able to acquire our Franchise QB - if we have a high enough draft pick.

Since this season is lost, at this point there is no way that I want Seattle to finish with a worse record than ours. If they draft before we do, I can easily imagine them snatching away the QB we so desperately need. Let them win on Sunday and we'll score big in the draft.

Look, if Landry Jones and RGIII stay in school, that leaves us with one shot at our franchise QB - we need to draft Matt Barkley. There is no way we'll get him if Seattle (or Miami, for that matter) drafts ahead of us.

This season is lost, so forget about it. I actually hope we finish with the second worst record in the league and end up having our choice of Barkley, Landry, or RGIII. That way, no other team can get the next QB after the POS Colts draft Luck and we won't need to give up picks to move up. Plus we'll be drafting very high in the remaining rounds.

If we don't get the QB we need, we're all going to be miserable for a lot longer than the rest of this season.
As a Redskin fan I understand your pain and your desire for the Redskins to be winners in the future. I'm always hoping that the Redskins win, but I know the reality of what's ahead that will corner them into a 4-12 or 5-11 finish. Either way that rolls, the Redskins would be good for a 4th or 5th overall draft choice.

If Barkley, Jones, or Robert Griffin III or even Luck is considered heavily by Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan then they will trade whatever they have to in order to move up to take the QB that they want. Even if they miraculously win all of their remaining games and end up 9-7, Bruce and Mike will find a way to draft into the top 5.

As a fan, you should always want your team to win no matter what.

Last edited by REDSKINS4ever; 11-23-2011 at 02:33 AM.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #52
hagams
Impact Rookie

We picked 13th last year, and came away with a good draft. I can't put myself in a position to hope for a loss. I understand the logic behind it though.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #53
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagams View Post
We picked 13th last year, and came away with a good draft. I can't put myself in a position to hope for a loss. I understand the logic behind it though.
Actually we were slated to pick 10th but trading with Jacksonville and ended up selecting Kerrigan with the 16th overall draft choice, not the 13th.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #54
SkinItup
Special Teams

We really don't have to have the second pick in the draft. We just have to finish worse than Miami and Seattle to get the our number two qb choice b/c Luck will be gone. And hope none of the other teams lacking quality qbs will trade up to get one because as of now everyone ranked lower than us other than the colts has recently drafted a qb that they seem pleased with (Carolina- Newton, St louis- Braford, and Minnesota- Ponder).
SkinItup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #55
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
its all about unchecked aggression dude.
Calmer than you are, dude.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #56
WilbursHomie
Special Teams

Mark it 8 dude
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #57
skins89moss
Playmaker

I never want the Redskins to lose a game. I however understand that our problem has been the QB positon for many years. I truly want us to draft a QB in the 1st round and groom him to be our guy for many years. But if Shanny and Bruce do draft a QB in the 1st round you fair weather fans most understand that Mike needs to bee here to see this thing through. Part of our losing is due to every 2-3 years changing coaches and QB's this has to stop or expect the losing to continue. So I want us to go out and try to win and if we come up short while playing our youngs guys then I can handle the losing to get in postion to slect a QB like Robert Griffin III.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #58
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
I never want the Redskins to lose a game. I however understand that our problem has been the QB positon for many years. I truly want us to draft a QB in the 1st round and groom him to be our guy for many years. But if Shanny and Bruce do draft a QB in the 1st round you fair weather fans most understand that Mike needs to bee here to see this thing through. Part of our losing is due to every 2-3 years changing coaches and QB's this has to stop or expect the losing to continue. So I want us to go out and try to win and if we come up short while playing our youngs guys then I can handle the losing to get in postion to slect a QB like Robert Griffin III.
I understand your position, I really do. I hate seeing the Skins lose any games, when they are competing for a playoff spot or even just a winning record. However this season neither of those things is going to happen(obviously the playoffs are long gone and we would have to win out to finish with a winning record(neither of those things are happening).

So lose a few extra games this year and draft our starting QB for the next 10 years or go into another season with a re-tread QB or a low round pick? Remember it now seems like barkley and even jones might be going back for the final year
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #59
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

I dont know if anyone said this yet, I didnt read through the entire thread, but....

Im not sure we have a lot of say or choice in losing most of our final games. We have a really hard schedule.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #60
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Ten observations: Redskins 23, Seahawks 17 | John Keim | NFL | Washington Examiner

Quote:
4. Before we get to a few other things, have to address this: the notion that they shouldn’t win to preserve their draft pick. Have to say, I don’t understand that thinking. In the NBA? Sure. In that league there might be four or five potential impact players in a draft. In the NFL, there’s a heck of a lot more. That’s one point. The other: who knows which players will even come out? Matt Barkley doesn’t have to, for example. Maybe he will but do you know for sure? Besides, what if the QB you really like is, say, a guy who doesn’t project to a top-5 pick for whatever reason. And you really don’t know which direction you’re going to go until after the season, when you’ve had a chance to study these players. Besides, Mike Shanahan will be very aggressive trying to move up if there’s a guy he thinks he can get.

5. But here’s the biggest reason why you don’t do it: when you’re trying to establish a foundation for a winning franchise, you don’t get there by going 3-13 and losing 12 straight. That’s unbelievably short-sighted thinking. You go places by creating an atmosphere of success. If they go 3-13, then you’d be a heck of a lot less confident in the coaching staff, right? Well, so would some of the players. That’s a lock. Is that really what you want? If they go 4-12 they have many more issues than one QB can solve. And it would take a few years longer. I’d much rather see a team do what the Redskins did today: show some fight, overcome adversity and win. Yeah, the Seahawks aren’t very good. Yeah it could end up giving them a lower draft choice. But, again, while it’s obviously important to develop talent it’s just as important to establish a culture. I’d rather see a guy like Helu, clearly a part of the future in some way, have a big game and help lead a win.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote