Hankerson/Golston Placed on IR; Darrion Scott and Stallworth Re-Signed

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #46
T.O.Killa
The Starter

re: Hankerson/Golston Placed on IR; Darrion Scott and Stallworth Re-Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm not saying he hasn't played well. I'm saying it's funny how people are quick to dismiss a player just a few months into his NFL career and then suddenly they're crying over his injury. Patience is not a virtue for Redskins fans
I think that the Redskins fans are some of the most patient there are. The Eagles fans would have torn down the stadium. Every year we suck, and we still get excited every year. I like the way we are going inspite of our record, but unless we get a real QB, we are going to continue goinng nowhere. Hankerson gave us hope that we finally had a number one reciever on our team. We could watch him this season and hope he could become that player. Now we have less to get excited enough to watch a Redskins game. It is just hard to stomach.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #47
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I think that the Redskins fans are some of the most patient there are. The Eagles fans would have torn down the stadium. Every year we suck, and we still get excited every year. I like the way we are going inspite of our record, but unless we get a real QB, we are going to continue goinng nowhere. Hankerson gave us hope that we finally had a number one reciever on our team. We could watch him this season and hope he could become that player. Now we have less to get excited enough to watch a Redskins game. It is just hard to stomach.
Eagle fans are in a different position. We're at the point where we're just hoping to make the playoffs. They've been making the playoffs regularly for the past decade and have nothing to show for it.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #48
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Eagle fans are in a different position. We're at the point where we're just hoping to make the playoffs. They've been making the playoffs regularly for the past decade and have nothing to show for it.
I am at the point, I would be happy if we ended the season on the upside. Knowing that we have found our franchise QB. That way we can go about building the rest of the team.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #49
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Please don't tell me Stallworth will be resigned.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #50
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Lol, OMG, just when there was any semblance of positivity being able to watch a rookie WR stepping up and learning to play in the NFL...... He gets a season ending injury.

Soooo who does the team bring in? Put on the PS? Do they move the other rookie up from the PS? Harrumph.
Here you have the core of the Redskins' endemic problem.

They started the season with 9 guys on the roster/practice squad who were WRs. Now they are out signing guys off the couch (Anderson) to plug in. If the 9 guys they had on the roster/practice squad were not satisfactory, they why were they there and why did the "talent search" not begin earlier?

As I recall, the Redskins brought in a cavalcade of running backs last year toward the end of the season and none of them were particularly impressive - - as should be expected when they have been out of the league for the majority of a season. So, why is a guy that no one has wanted for half a year better than what you have on the roster/practice squad? Is not not an indictment of the folks who built the roster/practice squad?

BTW, Terrell Owens remains unsigned. He is a pain in the ass of astronomical proportions - - but even on a recentl;y rehabbed knee, he is probably better than anyone on the roster now. Please do not let that tempt the Skins' braintrust into contacting him...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #51
GMScud
Swearinger

Just read that Hank also had a hip subluxation, which means a dislocated hip. Ouch. That's gotta hurt like hell.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #52
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Just read that Hank also had a hip subluxation, which means a dislocated hip. Ouch. That's gotta hurt like hell.
Thats probably what caused the injury. Guys you would think Hank had broken his back and was done with football for good. Yes, it sucks he does not get the playing time but the coaches did get to see what he can do. Next year. If we can just find a way to beat dallas I don't care if se go 4/12.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #53
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not two weeks ago, people were talking about Hankerson is a bust who only cares about playing video games and talking about it on Twitter...and now he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Hilarious
Funny that fickle means constantly changing yet there never seems to be a change in the amount of fickle fans we have as a fan base lol
Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #54
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I'm not sure we're patient as a fan base but we surely are addicted to this drug known as Redskins Football, no matter how bad it may be for us.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #55
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Don't sign someone else, bring up Aldrick Robinson, we drafted him lets see what he has. Gaffney, Austin, Robinson, Armstrong, Anderson, and Paul go with those 6 and then make decisions this offseason on all of them if they are in the teams plans for 2012 or not.

At this point realistically we are not going to win more than 5 games. Our team is just beat all to hell right now. We all knew to have any chance this year we would have to be virtually major injury free and have more good Rex than bad Rex. THAT FOR SURE HASN'T HAPPENED!

Hail Skins - one of these years will be our years!

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 11-14-2011 at 05:47 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #56
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I guess this is karma for us enjoying all those injuries to the Giants squad.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #57
mbedner3420
The Starter

What worries me is, initially it looked like he would fall down early to avoid a hit... What do you think he is going to do now that he has been injured? I'm worried he is going to be playing scared next year...
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #58
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
What worries me is, initially it looked like he would fall down early to avoid a hit... What do you think he is going to do now that he has been injured? I'm worried he is going to be playing scared next year...
You can't think like that. He wants to be a gamer, he knows it's an absolute fluke.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #59
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
I believe he slipped or something on the Rex pick. Hankerson pounded the ground in anger or frustration when he got hurt.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #60
diehard
The Starter

It's hard to to come to work and perform under these conditions.