Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Raiders to waive Deangelo Hall

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: Raiders to waive Deangelo Hall

Hall is a bad apple to have in the locker room, I would be shocked to see him brought in. Can anyone imagine Blache putting up with his crap??

Last but certainly not least, he's just not that good.

Walker is intriguing since he has experience in west coast based offenses from Green Bay and Denver. All I know is Thomas isn't giving us anything right now, it might be better to just put him on the back burner for now.

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #47
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
That was late last night and it's not very clear re-reading it.

Here's what I meant. Hall is a good player to have around if things are going well for a team. If he's on a bad team, it makes things worse. All I can think right now is how the same people were calling Randy Moss a cancer. He went into a good situation in New England, now he's putting his arm around the young QB and working with him.

I think Hall is talented. He has had an absolutely abysmal year and I'm not planning on giving him a lucrative contract. I'd give him a fair offer take it or leave it. However, lets remember. All CBs are arrogant. They have to be. I wouldn't want it any other way. If you get beat, you have to forget it and still think you're going to shut the guy down. People show it in different ways, but arrogance is part of the position.

As far as being a Hokie fan. Not really. I pull for them since they're a local team, but I'm probably more aligned with Florida since my whole family on my Dad's side went there. Hence the Spurrier love (who I still stick by! More PPG than Gibbs!).
Hell yeah! Go Gators! Great stomping of Georgia on Saturday. I think Mark Richt got the memo- don't piss off Urban Meyer. Ever.

I agree that Hall is worth a shot. Our locker room is tight. He wouldn't come in and create any turmoil. He wouldn't be allowed to. More importantly, he'd probably be scared to. And like you said, given his ego, he probably wants a chance to prove he can be elite again.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #48
47FAN
Impact Rookie

has anyone heard anything about d hall or walker?
47FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #49
NYCSkin
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Hall is a bad apple to have in the locker room, I would be shocked to see him brought in. Can anyone imagine Blache putting up with his crap??

Last but certainly not least, he's just not that good.

Walker is intriguing since he has experience in west coast based offenses from Green Bay and Denver. All I know is Thomas isn't giving us anything right now, it might be better to just put him on the back burner for now.
Could not agree more-"He's just not that good". And Hall is not a Blache guy at all.

Walker needs to leave the game for a while or maybe forever. When I see him in interviews I can't help but think the guy has PTSD(but doesn't know it) and needs some serious medical intervention.

As for Thomas; at this point I am more hopeful that he turns into Steve Tasker rather than Steve Largent...
NYCSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #50
MTK
\m/

JLC doubts the Skins would bring in Hall

Musings on Hall, Walker and KGB - Redskins Insider
Old 11-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #51
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
That was late last night and it's not very clear re-reading it.

Here's what I meant. Hall is a good player to have around if things are going well for a team. If he's on a bad team, it makes things worse. All I can think right now is how the same people were calling Randy Moss a cancer. He went into a good situation in New England, now he's putting his arm around the young QB and working with him.

I think Hall is talented. He has had an absolutely abysmal year and I'm not planning on giving him a lucrative contract. I'd give him a fair offer take it or leave it. However, lets remember. All CBs are arrogant. They have to be. I wouldn't want it any other way. If you get beat, you have to forget it and still think you're going to shut the guy down. People show it in different ways, but arrogance is part of the position.

As far as being a Hokie fan. Not really. I pull for them since they're a local team, but I'm probably more aligned with Florida since my whole family on my Dad's side went there. Hence the Spurrier love (who I still stick by! More PPG than Gibbs!).
Okay, fair enough. I apologize for assuming your college football fanship.

I agree that he's having an abysmal year (as in worse than he normally is), but in my game breakdowns, I've really been hard on Fred Smoot this year for his inability to cover No. 2 WRs. At no point in DeAngelo's career has he been as good a cover corner as Fred Smoot.

When he was younger, there was always hope that he could develop into a better cover corner. A lot of scouts saw shutdown potential in the guy his first year or two in the league, but he's never really become a good cover corner. I don't want to judge the guy by his ego, because I'm certainly not qualified to do so.

But he's just not very good. 2007 might have been his best professional season, and even then, he would only have been a decent No. 2 corner. He was on a team where he was playing opposite a shutdown corner, chasing the opponents' No. 2 WR all over the field, and he couldn't do anything. Maybe he's a little bit injured, but either way, he has no defensive value.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #52
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Walker makes a lot of sense for this team. A lot of sense. But the contract numbers have to work.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #53
reppinredskins
Camp Scrub

why not bring him in, he could b a back up corner and return punts and kicks. randel el aint gettin it done and why cant take a chance puttin moss back there.
reppinredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #54
GTripp0012
Living Legend

More on Walker, there's no reason to think that he can't be our Randy Moss if we can sign him. The Raiders try to judge their own WRs on their production, but the diminishing talent at their QB position makes it impossible to do so.

For the record, I don't see Davis letting Walker go, but if he does, he'll make a big impact somewhere.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #55
MTK
\m/

According to this article this could be just the first move of a roster shakeup

ESPN - What gives? Oakland Raiders cut highly paid corner DeAngelo Hall
Old 11-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #56
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Let's face it. This may be the first time in 5 years that Al Davis has blamed the correct party for failure. That alone gives the Raiders hope for the future.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #57
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Raiders cut ties with Hall after eight games

I myself like a CB with some swagger, but if this article is true, then he wont help the skins because we play alot of man to man under blanche.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #58
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Raiders cut ties with Hall after eight games

I myself like a CB with some swagger, but if this article is true, then he wont help the skins because we play alot of man to man under blanche.
I don't mind some swagger if you know how to play the game. But he doesn't. This clown is a bottom barrel corner. Blache wouldn't put up with his shit for a NY second!

In his eight games in Oakland, Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to data compiled by STATS LLC. He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed. ENOUGH SAID!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #59
SKINSFAN5
Camp Scrub

Hall is to much trouble!! we have good D
SKINSFAN5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #60
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Now if the Raiders cut Michael Huff, that would be an interesting prospect.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote