Around the NFL week 9

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-03-2008, 07:04 AM   #46
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't know how they can come back from this. I think it's safe to assume their season is done.

This is the same stuff said after the Giants started 0-2 last year and had given up eighty points on D in 2 games.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2008, 07:14 AM   #47
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This is the same stuff said after the Giants started 0-2 last year and had given up eighty points on D in 2 games.

Dallas really looks bad offensively and defensively and I'm just not sure it's easily fixable. I see this and I don't see many wins:

@ Washington
San Francisco
Seattle
@ Pittsburgh
NY Giants
Baltimore
@ Philadelphia

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:47 AM   #48
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

The Giants had Couglin lighting a fire under them plus his job was in jeaoprdy, he had to make changes. Plus he is a hard nosed coach that likes physical football. Wade ain't like that. I have a fork for the cowgirls.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:16 AM   #49
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Dallas could bounce back. They've got a winning record and half of the season left. But right now Giantone, they look like they've given up.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #50
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Kinda different circumstances. The Giants still had 14 games to right the ship, the margin for error right now for Dallas is slim. You've gotta figure they would need to get to 10 wins to have a realistic playoff shot. That means they would need to go 5-2 over their last 7. Can they do it? It's possible, but that's not an easy road. Romo coming back is not the magic answer for their woes right now either, they weren't playing that great when he was healthy.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #51
cdskins26
Special Teams

Other than injuries, some credit to why this team has been in a total slump should go to the redskins. Think about it, we went into dallas to play this undefeated team who had blown out cleveland (who at that point we still thought were good), then won the shoot out with philly. When we beat them we exposed their weaknesses, and ta-da, now they are 5-4, in last, and in desperate need of Romo.

Does anybody else notice the similarities between dallas and philly right now? Both started their season off loking like the best in the league, lost their mvp, and are struggling.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #52
johnerotten

philly is playing very well now though!if there has been 1 thing i have learned in HATING dallas all these years,that would be to never count them out!
johnerotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Other than injuries, some credit to why this team has been in a total slump should go to the redskins. Think about it, we went into dallas to play this undefeated team who had blown out cleveland (who at that point we still thought were good), then won the shoot out with philly. When we beat them we exposed their weaknesses, and ta-da, now they are 5-4, in last, and in desperate need of Romo.

Does anybody else notice the similarities between dallas and philly right now? Both started their season off loking like the best in the league, lost their mvp, and are struggling.
I think it's a worthy point that the Redskins exposed the Cowboys in that matchup. But more than anything I think they're just not a very good "team". They have a lot of talent but they're not fundamentally sound, and they have too many stars and not enough of those blue collar role player types that make up the backbone of any good team. And I think Phillips is a weak head coach who coddles the players too much.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #54
firstdown
Living Legend

Yesterday my buddy came by and we had the Dallas/Giants game on. I think toward the end of the half the Giants had a run and I pointed out to my buddy it seemed that the Boys were scared to hit anyone and playing very weak. I had to get something from the house and he said that Akman showed the replay and pointed out the same thing I noticed. It would not surprise me one bit that after we beat them in a few weeks that they will switch head coaches.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #55
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Careful they may take a page from the Rams book and fire Wade before the bye...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #56
cdskins26
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I think it's a worthy point that the Redskins exposed the Cowboys in that matchup. But more than anything I think they're just not a very good "team". They have a lot of talent but they're not fundamentally sound, and they have too many stars and not enough of those blue collar role player types that make up the backbone of any good team. And I think Phillips is a weak head coach who coddles the players too much.
Do you think the cowboys will try to go after someone like Holmgren or Cowher? I think they only have Phillips to keep TO from getting frustrated because he is getting chewed out by a real coach.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #57
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Do you think the cowboys will try to go after someone like Holmgren or Cowher? I think they only have Phillips to keep TO from getting frustrated because he is getting chewed out by a real coach.
I doubt it, I'm not sure Jones is ready to go back to a tough HC that wants a strong say in things like Parcells. I think Garrett will get the job so Jones can continue with his meddling ways.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #58
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I think JJ runs out the season with Wade, they miss the playoffs, and then he gets whacked.

But I'm not so certain that Jason Garrett is the head coach in waiting. If Romo returns and the OL continues to struggle, they'll probably look outside the organization.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #59
cdskins26
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I doubt it, I'm not sure Jones is ready to go back to a tough HC that wants a strong say in things like Parcells. I think Garrett will get the job so Jones can continue with his meddling ways.
Excellent, continue the cowboy struggle.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #60
53Fan
Franchise Player

Right now Jason Garrett is catching a lot of flack along with the rest of the organization. Somehow the word ORGANIZATION seems odd when talking about the Dallas Cowboys.