Uncle Phil

Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

And stop with the all caps.

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 PM   #47
The Goat
Pro Bowl

CJ works his butt off no matter what IMHO. I don't think it matters who he plays for, the guy loves to ball on gameday as much or more as anyone else in the league (and he always comes physically and mentally prepared too). In fact, I'll bet if there's no trade he'll continue to work is ass off for Cinci. So if there's a possibility of a trade seems like the issues are 1) is the price right 2) can the new team handle his mouth, which will never stop? I don't want to guess what the price should be. I think most of you are more knowledgeable about player values. What I do think is that his mouth would be a problem for us. We're a team of team-players and Ocho-cinco is no team-player IMO. And we have a young coach who's probably never had to deal w/ someone like CJ.

I say pass but I'd like to be wrong.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #48
lwiedy
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
And stop with the all caps.
Ja! mein Fuhrer!
lwiedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #49
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwiedy View Post
Ja! mein Fuhrer!
Dude thats messed up.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #50
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Dude thats messed up.
Yeah who's the asshole now eh? I mean...YEAH WHO'S THE ASSHOLE NOW EH???!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #51
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Well, here are my two cents...trading for a case head with lots of talent seemed to work for the Patriots last year. When there were rumors that Moss was going to go to the Packers, ppl in Green Bay were going nuts, and well Moss turned out alright in New England...the Packers would have been a much better team with Moss I believe. And Moss was a guy that quit on his two previous teams, which by the way are not the best managed teams in the league.

I will be the first one to say CJ is a jerk, has a huge ego, and talks wayyy too much. I will also say that the Bengals are a mess as an organization, and they make it seem as though being tough with CJ (one of the few guys on the team that hasn't gotten in trouble with the law) is going to solve all their problems....well this is not going to solver their problems. However, like Moss, CJ is a very talented WR, and unlike Moss, CJ has never quit on his team (or walked off before the end of a game).

Now, should the Redskins get CJ...well I would say if the price is right or the situation is right, yes. If the Bengals are asking for a 1st and a 3rd round....I think that would be a lot to pay for CJ. Now people here have told me that we shouldn't take players to prevent other teams from getting them, but I can see the Eagles sending Lito Shepard (sp?) and a 3rd/4th rd pick to the Bengals for CJ. And I don't think any of us want to see the Eagles with a Pro Bowl WR. Or I can see Jerry Jones gambling and sending one of his 1st rd picks for CJ....yeah there are questions about TO and CJ surviving in one team, but hey they will have two #1 WRs.

Speaking of #1 WRs, I think people make a good point about whether CJ would be the #1 WR and Santana would be demoted to #2 and how that would work out. Well, the way I see it, CJ and TJ Housh are two #1 receivers. And I think both have fared well. Even if CJ were not to get the same numbers he has had before, he would open up the field for our WR, which would make us a better team, and send us back in the playoffs.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #52
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

dont want him,dude just wants to get paid,we'd have to give up high draft picks to get him then sign him to an enormous contract to make him happy,no fkin thanks.I gaurantee you if cincy offered to redo his deal and pay him more money he'd be one happy motherfkin bengal and say how happy he is to be in cincy that he wanted to stay the whole time
Old 04-18-2008, 12:50 AM   #53
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
dont want him,dude just wants to get paid,we'd have to give up high draft picks to get him then sign him to an enormous contract to make him happy,no fkin thanks.I gaurantee you if cincy offered to redo his deal and pay him more money he'd be one happy motherfkin bengal and say how happy he is to be in cincy that he wanted to stay the whole time
Cincy can't pay both CJ and TJ Housh, so I doubt that would happen. I think the Eagles have the best offer to give to Cincy, now it will depend whether Cincy would realize that they can't fix all their problems by keeping CJ.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-18-2008, 12:56 AM   #54
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Cincy can't pay both CJ and TJ Housh, so I doubt that would happen. I think the Eagles have the best offer to give to Cincy, now it will depend whether Cincy would realize that they can't fix all their problems by keeping CJ.
Hell,I dont think it will happen either,I'm just saying if they did he would be happy and not wanting a trade,I think its all about the money,not about the winning
Old 04-18-2008, 12:58 AM   #55
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Hell,I dont think it will happen either,I'm just saying if they did he would be happy and not wanting a trade,I think its all about the money,not about the winning
Very true....money changes everything. Although, I expected the same out of Randy Moss, and he gave up a lot of money to stay with the Pats and go back to the playoffs....but then again I still think that Belichick brain washed him or something. LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-18-2008, 01:22 AM   #56
Dantheskinsfan
Special Teams

Unfortunately, I find myself saying, "well, I don't really WANT him, but I certainly don't want DALLAS to have him", or any other NFC east team for that matter. So do we do this deal simply on that account?
Old 04-18-2008, 01:28 AM   #57
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Maybe I'm being naive to it all but I really don't think it's about money. I think he wants to see the Bengals really get serious about winning. Improve the defense, get rid of the real problem players. I thought cutting Chris Henry was a message in the right direction. But didn't they have two trades they made rejected by the league? That's not a sign of a good franchise.

In my opinion, I think if CJ is traded it won't be until after June 1 and it will be to a team we're not thinking about right now. Someone like the Bucs.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:30 AM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Well, here are my two cents...trading for a case head with lots of talent seemed to work for the Patriots last year. When there were rumors that Moss was going to go to the Packers, ppl in Green Bay were going nuts, and well Moss turned out alright in New England...the Packers would have been a much better team with Moss I believe. And Moss was a guy that quit on his two previous teams, which by the way are not the best managed teams in the league.

I will be the first one to say CJ is a jerk, has a huge ego, and talks wayyy too much. I will also say that the Bengals are a mess as an organization, and they make it seem as though being tough with CJ (one of the few guys on the team that hasn't gotten in trouble with the law) is going to solve all their problems....well this is not going to solver their problems. However, like Moss, CJ is a very talented WR, and unlike Moss, CJ has never quit on his team (or walked off before the end of a game).

Now, should the Redskins get CJ...well I would say if the price is right or the situation is right, yes. If the Bengals are asking for a 1st and a 3rd round....I think that would be a lot to pay for CJ. Now people here have told me that we shouldn't take players to prevent other teams from getting them, but I can see the Eagles sending Lito Shepard (sp?) and a 3rd/4th rd pick to the Bengals for CJ. And I don't think any of us want to see the Eagles with a Pro Bowl WR. Or I can see Jerry Jones gambling and sending one of his 1st rd picks for CJ....yeah there are questions about TO and CJ surviving in one team, but hey they will have two #1 WRs.

Speaking of #1 WRs, I think people make a good point about whether CJ would be the #1 WR and Santana would be demoted to #2 and how that would work out. Well, the way I see it, CJ and TJ Housh are two #1 receivers. And I think both have fared well. Even if CJ were not to get the same numbers he has had before, he would open up the field for our WR, which would make us a better team, and send us back in the playoffs.
Positive rep points for this. While I may not agree with it all, at least it's a solid post with some thought behind it. Nice job
Old 04-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #59
KB24
Special Teams

Quote:

There's a HUGE difference between the Patriots organization and that of the Redskins. Bellicheat, oh I'm sorry, Belichick knows how to keep players in line and has no problem disciplining anyone should they start cutting up. They also have an owner who stays out of the way and lets the REAL football people do their jobs without his interference. The Redskins organization has proven itself to be dysfunctional and, despite its recent improvements player acquisition-wise, I just don't think it's qualified to deal with a personality like Johnson's. I have no doubts about what he can do on an offense. My fear is, because Danny LOVES him so much, Johnson most likely will come in with the attitude of, "**** you, I can do anything I want." Then, when something happens in the locker room or on the field and Chad isn't happy about it and starts whining, Danny will move heaven and earth for him to keep him happy, even if Chad is wrong. Plus, what we'd have to give up to get him in terms of draft picks (AGAIN!!!!) and salary cap space when we have bigger problems with an aging and injury-prone offensive line, only one proven back-up to the offensive line, questions in the secondary with Shawn Springs' age and Carlos Rogers' health, and no consistent pass-rusher outside of Andre Carter, adding Johnson with all of his talent won't make us an automatic Super Bowl contender. A lot of you may not like reading this sentence, but the Redskins are far from being a player away from Super Bowl-contender status. Getting Johnson is nothing more than a fantasy-football move and won't benefit us in the long term.

"Sounds like your assets are getting kicked!"
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #60
KLHJ2
Inactive

I just started wondering how quickly the title of this thread would change from stinko to cinko when we end up trading for him. It is also going to be funny to see how many people are going to say "I wanted Chad the whole time" or something to that effect.

Of course I am fully prepared for the verbal thrashing I will get in the event it doesn't happen.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote