I guess Romo's contract extension

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #46
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: I guess Romo's contract extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
You are 100% correct, because Gibbs would have pulled Campbell after the 3rd or 4th INT instead of maintaining faith in his QB.

Say what you want, he had the worst possible game a QB could ever have, EXCEPT for the fact that even though he was playing crappy, even though he almost single handedly gave the game away, when the game was on the line he still drove his team downfield for 2 scores in 20 seconds to win.

Say what you want, but nothing diminishes that fact.

There are only a very small handful of QB's in the league that have that type of "moxy".
Actually something does diminish that fact...the Bills are 31st in total defense. Only 1 team is worse than the Bills, and they handled you well. That doesn't bode well for you.

Also, EVERY Qb has that kind of "moxy" or they wouldn't be a QB. Not hard to drive off the 2nd worst defense in the entire league.

Fact is, everyone is sucking Romo's nutts, when he has done nothing to deserve it. Campbell is a better QB and he doesn't get any publicity other than in the DC area...even then Romo gets more national attention than Campbell gets in his own town.

Campbell threw for almost 250 yards and 2 tds (no turnovers) with a bag of nutts and misfits thrown together at the last minute, you have one of the best receivers in the league and still he created 6 turnovers. Yet he is still exhaulted...wonder why that is? The media is elevating Romo to Manning / Brady type status, and there is no way he deserves it.
No one is saying he sucks...he doesn't. He's good...but not great.

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #47
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Sick or not, I need him for fantasy. He better not do that shit again the rest of the year, unless it's against Washington.
This is exactly why I don't like or participate in Fantasy...... There is no way I could cheer or wish that people like ROMO throw TD's or even do well..... It makes me sick to think about it...... The one year I did particpate was the year we went to the playoffs with Norvo... I had the Redskins Defense..All their QB's Even Backups...RB... ect ect...

Oh btw that year i lost in the Championship Rd.... 2nd out of 14....
Old 10-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #48
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
You are 100% correct, because Gibbs would have pulled Campbell after the 3rd or 4th INT instead of maintaining faith in his QB.

Say what you want, he had the worst possible game a QB could ever have, EXCEPT for the fact that even though he was playing crappy, even though he almost single handedly gave the game away, when the game was on the line he still drove his team downfield for 2 scores in 20 seconds to win.

There are only a very small handful of QB's in the league that have that type of "moxy".

Moxy?

For completing two five yard passes against the 32nd ranked defense (now 31st) at the end of the game to get into field goal position?

That = Moxy?

He should be buying the entire defense dinner, and slobbin' Folk's knob on command for the rest of the season.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #49
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

Sorry Gibbs stands behind his QB as much as any coach I have ever seen. Brunell is a fine example as everyone was calling for the QB switch Gibbs stuck with him then finally made the switch about 1/2 way through the season.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #50
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig View Post
How can this be?! The Cowboys are ranked #3 in all the power rankings...I just don't understand it. Can power rankings be wrong?!
For some reason the media loves the Cowboys. They lose to a HORRIBLE team in the Bills and they are still loved and say what a comeback, when in fact, it was a collapse by the Bills. When the Cowpatties lose to the Patriots, they will say "well it's the patriots, they were supposed to lose", but if they win (huge if), then they will say it's the best team we've seen in a decade.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #51
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Actually something does diminish that fact...the Bills are 31st in total defense. Only 1 team is worse than the Bills, and they handled you well. That doesn't bode well for you.
No it doesn't diminish the fact he drove the team down the field for the game winning FG. Yes, he stats are horrendous and he played badly, but that does not diminish it, who won the game? How was the FG possible?

Quote:
Also, EVERY Qb has that kind of "moxy" or they wouldn't be a QB. Not hard to drive off the 2nd worst defense in the entire league.
That is not true, Leaf was a QB, Joey Harrington is a QB, do they have "Moxy"? Far from it.

Quote:
Fact is, everyone is sucking Romo's nutts, when he has done nothing to deserve it. Campbell is a better QB and he doesn't get any publicity other than in the DC area...even then Romo gets more national attention than Campbell gets in his own town.
You are right, there is a lot of hype and media praise surrounding Romo now, but when you say Campbell is a better QB is just beyond me. Neither has won a super bowl or any major victory. That is more of an opinion that a fact.

Quote:
Campbell threw for almost 250 yards and 2 tds (no turnovers) with a bag of nutts and misfits thrown together at the last minute, you have one of the best receivers in the league and still he created 6 turnovers. Yet he is still exhaulted...wonder why that is? The media is elevating Romo to Manning / Brady type status, and there is no way he deserves it.
No one is saying he sucks...he doesn't. He's good...but not great.
Randel El, Lloyd, Portis, Betts are "a bag of nutts and misfits"? Just like the Dallas game against the Bills, it was the D that came up big for Washington and not allowing the so called "high octane offense" score. The two games before the Lions game, Campbell did not do any thing impressive, he did what a normal QB is supposed to do. I am not saying he was bad, but nothing that would make you go "WOW". That is what the media wants and that is why they like Romo. I am sure you saw the ball over the head scrabmle and that is what the media wants to see.
TheBigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #52
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Kind of side note question to Cowboys fans. I was thinking about this on Monday night and even if Romo was on any other team, I'd hate him.

That smirk just pisses me off like f-ing crazy.

And how about TO? Does anyone like him? I remember when Deion Sanders came here and I gave him no allegiance because he was a douchebag. I wanted him to do well, but I never cheered for him. Is that how you feel about TO?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #53
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
You misunderstand my intention. I'm not one of the people that tries to act like "Romo sucks" simply because he's a Cowboy, but I was fairly certain that he would come back down to Earth at some point this season, and it appears that it happened last night. Of course I don't expect him to have another five pick game, but he's also not the second coming of Brett Favre like the media seems to think.

And as far as scoring twice in 20 seconds; it was actually once in 2+ minutes, and then a 19 yard drive after an onside kick. Do that against New England and I'll be impressed.
Timeline:

0:24 seconds - Romo passes to Crayton at the goal line and Crayton slips in for the touchdown. Cowboys call timeout.

0:20 seconds - Romo underthrows Terrell Owens and Jabari Greer rips the ball from Owens hands. (2pt conversion fail)

0:18 seconds - Rookie kicker Nick Folk executes an onside kick 11 yards up the field where Sam Hurd deflects the ball to team mate Tony Curtis for a Cowboys recovery.

0:07 seconds - Romo passes to Barber on a 4 yard sideline pass.

0:02 seconds - On 3rd down Romo connects with Patrick Crayton who runs out of bounds after an 8 yard gain to the Buffalo 35 yard line.

0:01 seconds - Rookie Kicker Nick Folk nails the game winning 53 yarder.

So there you go, check it out on ESPN.COM or NFL.COM

BUt it was 2 scores in 24 seconds.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #54
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

I heard this from a Cowboys fan in the bar the other night and couldn't agree with him more.

He was telling me that the second Romo gets his contract, he's going to start pussing out. Look how he scrambles now, and sacrifices his body. The second he gets the big bucks, he'll shy away from contact, and that will have a significant impact on his game.

Honestly though, who are we really afraid of on Dallas' offense?

Jason Witten, and maybe Marion Barber.

They're over-rated... and I cannot wait until game day with them.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #55
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Timeline:

0:24 seconds - Romo passes to Crayton at the goal line and Crayton slips in for the touchdown. Cowboys call timeout.

0:20 seconds - Romo underthrows Terrell Owens and Jabari Greer rips the ball from Owens hands. (2pt conversion fail)

0:18 seconds - Rookie kicker Nick Folk executes an onside kick 11 yards up the field where Sam Hurd deflects the ball to team mate Tony Curtis for a Cowboys recovery.

0:02 seconds - On 3rd down Romo connects with Patrick Crayton who runs out of bounds after an 8 yard gain to the Buffalo 35 yard line.

The Cowboys called a timeout after a TD? I thought the clocked stopped after every score?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #56
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Timeline:

Twenty-four seconds between scores is a little different than actually scoring two times in 24 seconds. The touchdown to Crayton was at the end of a two plus minute drive. It's not like the Cowboys got the ball after the Bills punt, and gained 80 yards and nine points in 24 seconds.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #57
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Twenty-four seconds between scores is a little different than actually scoring two times in 24 seconds. The touchdown to Crayton was at the end of a two plus minute drive. It's not like the Cowboys got the ball after the Bills punt, and gained 80 yards and nine points in 24 seconds.
In a way you are right, but the keyword here is "scoring". They scored the touchdown with 24 secs to go and scored again. Analysts and sports talk shows manipulate numbers to serve them in making a point or support their argument. I personally hate stats.

In the 4th quarter, the Lions have the record for scoring the most points. WHO CARES!!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #58
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The Cowboys called a timeout after a TD? I thought the clocked stopped after every score?
Yeah it does, but I guess they wanted to make sure they get the play right because they thought the 2 point conversion was it. I don't think they were thinking about onside kick at that moment.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #59
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Until someone defines "moxy", no player can possess it.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #60
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Until someone defines "moxy", no player can possess it.
I just saw an article on Football Outsiders about the all new M.O.X.Y. ranking system. They've actually found a way to measure intagible statistics like guts, heart, leadership, cahoneys, etc. Unfortunately, Mark Brunell was at the bottom of the list...

Just kidding, Tripp...
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote