Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Gibbs called the final 4 plays...(No he didn't)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 09:29 AM   #46
BrunellMVP?
Impact Rookie

Re: Gibbs called the final 4 plays..

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I was at the game and we had 7 to 8 pass plays were JC just did not see a wide open WR. My wife even asked why JC did not throw the ball to the open WR. Then when I get home my budy made the comment that JC was starring down WR's and this would make sense to why he missed the open WR.
that will come with time
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #47
irish
Playmaker

Re: Gibbs called the final 4 plays...(No he didn't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunellMVP? View Post
they rush the play calling bc they have been so poor in the past with their 2 min offense...delays, miscommunication, etc. i just don't understand why we seem to struggle more than everyone else in the 2 min drill. I understand JC is young, but really...he's done this before...
Too many cooks in the kitchen.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #48
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunellMVP? View Post
that will come with time
I agree but it seems like everyone is blamming the play calling and the coaches when it may have been that JC just did not make the playes he needed to. I'm not talking about WR's just a little open I can remember seeing guys with 7 to 10 yards of seperation from any Giants players. If it only happened a couple of times that would be one thing but I saw this play after play.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 AM   #49
Crazyhorse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I pretty much agree with what Green said. This offense needs to open it up more, there's no reason why we shouldn't have been able to punch the ball in at the end. If Gibbs wanted to run the ball in, he should've used Sellers at least. Sellers is more of a short yardage back than Betts will ever be.
Last week, I was happy to see they had finally learned how to use Sellers. This week, I was happy to see that they had forgotten how to use Sellers.

Gibbs not using Sellers for short yardage is one of the unsolved mysteries. Gibbs says its because he needs Sellers as a lead blocker. I say nonsense. Since when do 285 pound FB's need lead blockers on the goal line?
Crazyhorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #50
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

If Betts doesn't trip, he's got a good chance of scoring. I don't get the second guessing here.There's a thousand different things we could have done and if you go by the percentages, this was a safe, high percentage play. It just didn't work out. Sometimes that happens. We'll live.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
If Betts doesn't trip, he's got a good chance of scoring. I don't get the second guessing here.There's a thousand different things we could have done and if you go by the percentages, this was a safe, high percentage play. It just didn't work out. Sometimes that happens. We'll live.
There's a good YouTube video showing the play, he had a pretty clear hole to the endzone.

I'd have to search for the video, no time right now
Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #52
MTK
\m/

I've watched the play a few times since Sunday and it looks like Betts would have gotten in if he didn't trip. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now obviously.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:27 PM   #53
brent
Special Teams

Let me understand this: if the Skins open things up with Jason Campbell in the 3rd quarter and our young QB makes a huge mistake to give the Giants a TD and bring them back into a game that was all but dead, nobody here was going to bury the coaches for being that stupid right?
brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #54
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent View Post
Let me understand this: if the Skins open things up with Jason Campbell in the 3rd quarter and our young QB makes a huge mistake to give the Giants a TD and bring them back into a game that was all but dead, nobody here was going to bury the coaches for being that stupid right?
No, I don't think we'd bury the coaches, we'd chaulk it up to growing pains from a young QB.